Does Inskysports sell fake racket?

Discussion in 'Market Place' started by xAirheadx, Aug 26, 2004.

1. xAirheadx

xAirheadx New Member

Hi, for those of you that have been to Inskysports at Hong Kong, I would like to ask if its trustable to buy an Armortec 700 there? I really don't want to buy a fake racket. Please reply

2. kwun

kwun Administrator

BC Janitor
    first off all, why do you think they sell fakes in the first place? do you have evidence?

i would have no problem with buying from them for two reasons:

1. one of the BF member is a friend of the owner, if you do buy and get a fake, then i am sure an exchange can be negotiated.

2. if you do get a fake and verified by us, we will be sure to condemn the store until their reputation is worth zero. just that alone is powerful enough a reason for them to sell only genuine rackets.

3. forrestyung

forrestyung Regular Member

Salesman
    In Hong Kong, there is no badminton Pro-shop selling fake rackets (only few years before a shop is suspected selling fake CN, but there is no evidence). In my visited shop list, there is only one shop selling fake rackets, but badminton is not her major business, so I think the owner cannot distinguish real or fake rackets.

4. taneepak

taneepak Regular Member

Designing and producing quality feather shuttlecoc
    No, they don't sell any fake racquets. If you think for any reason you had a raw deal and you couldn't get any redress, please let me know.

5. Smashguy

Smashguy Regular Member

Inskysports guy may read this thread and stop selling fake racket to new buyers to avoid trouble. In fact, they locate in a very 'secret' place which must call them first to 'book' the time to visit. If you go to their shop without notice them, there is no one to repsonse to your door-knocking. Just as secret as illegal spot. You feel you are participate in some illegal activities ;)

There is no windows and no transparent view of the interior. Just a solid wood door and a concrete wall. So strange. :)

6. Smashguy

Smashguy Regular Member

That's why ppl suspect they are selling fake Armortec 700 CH @HK$500-600.

7. taneepak

taneepak Regular Member

Inskysports has the lowest prices in Hong Kong, mainly because of volume and low operating cost. They sell in volumes because they sell to stores, clubs and coaches (you will be surprised how many racquets or shuttles coaches routinely sell to their students). And there have been complaints from the regular stores that they have lost business and the finger is being pointed at Inskysports. I hope it is not sour grapes.
    Smashguy, why don't you visit Inskysports and see for yourself? No, it is not an illegal spot. If you think it is, why don't you back up your claim by calling the police? :rolleyes: :)

8. taneepak

taneepak Regular Member

Inskysports has the lowest prices in Hong Kong, because of their volumes and low operating cost. This has caused some concern among the higher-priced stores who have repeatedly complained to Inskysports.
    Smashguy, can you back up your claim of Inskysports selling fake racquets? Or is it sour grapes?
    Why don't you visit Inskysports and see for yourself? If you think the place is illegal, better still, how about calling the police or give Robie Seth of Seth & Co (HK Yonex agent) , tel. no.26100960, and ask him to investigate your claim of fake racquets? :rolleyes:

9. taneepak

taneepak Regular Member

Can you show us some proof, like an invoice, to prove that Inskysports sell fake Amortec 700 CH racquets? Or are you just passing on information that is fed to you? :rolleyes:

10. altis

altis Regular Member

I bought an original Yonex MP99 SP 3U racket (with Sunrise hologram) from the owner Cheung Tung back in May. Do agree with taneepak that Tung's prices are very competitive as compared to the rest of the racket shops in Hong Kong mentioned in this forum. Does the decor of the shop really influence your decision to buy a badminton racket :confused:

Tung even invited me to play badminton with his group and it was my first experience playing badminton in an air-conditioned hall along Bowring Street. :D (I stand to be corrected but there is only one air-conditioned badminton hall available in Singapore which is reserved for national players)

11. cappy75

cappy75 Regular Member

Depot Support Representative
    Hmmm... I am not sure if this thread is going anywhere but trouble. Inskysport is a proper brick and mortar business that caters to other businesses. The CAB22s I got from Luxisnet were sourced from Inskysport... and they're definitely authentic.

Smashguy, I hope that you'll be more careful of what you say on this forum cuz you're verging on libel. Good thing Taneepak is here to defend the company, otherwise it'll continue to damage the unwitting store's reputation.

#11 cappy75, Aug 27, 2004
    Last edited: Aug 27, 2004
  12. taneepak

taneepak Regular Member

Our club, of which our moderator Cheung is a relatively new member and me its most senior member (member for 20 years), has been sourcing our shuttles from Inskysports for the last 15 years. If Inskysports had been a hanky panky business as implied by Smashguy, do you think our club would still do business with Inskysports? Our shuttles requirement is not puny. We buy about 12,000 tubes (that is 144,000 shuttles) from Inskysports per year.

13. taneepak

taneepak Regular Member

Sorry for the error on quantity of shuttles. It should have been 1,200 tubes per year (14,400 shuttles).

14. paulmd

paulmd New Member

where in hongkong is inskysports?

15. ReVoLuTiOn44

ReVoLuTiOn44 Regular Member

Student
    Wth

WHO knows????:cool:
    Up to you for all.Then go to a trusty shop instead...

16. taneepak

taneepak Regular Member

They are located at Room 1306-1307, Ho King Commercial Centre, 2-16 Fa Yuen Street, Mongkok. You can also contact them by 'phone (852)81010506, fax (852) 21169185, email : inskysport@yahoo.com.hk.

17. taneepak

taneepak Regular Member

Smashguy, are you operating a badminton store? I notice that most of your threads were about selling racquets.

18. TrunkZ69

TrunkZ69 Regular Member

Student

:eek: 1200.... :eek: :D

19. cappy75

cappy75 Regular Member

Depot Support Representative
    It's probably a sizable club. Probably more will be used in temperate and/or dry climates, assuming that people don't bother steaming their shuttles.

20. taneepak

taneepak Regular Member

Yes, we do use a lot of shuttles. You might think that it costs a lot. It does. But our club generates more than enough income from guests' fees (membership closed) to offset the continuing deficit, as the dues from members are insufficient to pay for all the costs. For members, it is a real steal, especially for family members, as our club is probably the least expensive in all of Hong Kong. :cool: :D