Gade vs. Hendrawan

Discussion in '2001 Sudirman Cup / World Championships' started by AS, Jun 14, 2001.

1. AS

AS Guest

Managed to get a friend to tape last nights match Gade vs. Hendrawan, well what can i say.
    Gade was so nervous but showed brilliance in patches, i felt as though he had to play his game to Hendrawan but rather he was waiting for Hendrawan to make all the moves and then when he had his back against the wall he produced brilliance. Have to say though i was gutted that he lost i was egging him on all the way, it would have been a brilliant third game.
    But Hendrawans net play and audacity in his deceptive shots was quite brilliant especially at the net. Thought he was a worthy winner even though i wanted it to go to a decider.

Maybe Gade is paying the price for Camillas sins (who knows).

Hope he wins it next year though.

2. kwun

kwun Administrator

BC Janitor
    Hendrawan was pretty obviously at his last few breaths at the end of the second game. full credit to him for squeezing a few more to finish up the game. if the match continues to a rubber, i very much doubt he will be able to sustain the whole game.

and pity that Gade didn't notice that, if so, that could have given him new hope and be more motivated to win the game back. he did looked like he was admitting the defeat though.

Hendrawan's deception, yup, he is truely the master.

3. AS

AS Guest

What do you think is the secret to his deceptiveness? I have been told that it is all in the preparation of the shot and in making every shot look the same, which makes sense, i suppose thats when the hours of practice comes in.

Not only that they also take it very well when they are completely wrong footed or deceived, i must say again that Gades attitude on court is the absolute best i have ever seen. Unlucky mate better luck next year.

4. kwun

kwun Administrator

BC Janitor
    the preparation, also the agility, speed and accuracy of the execution.

sounds very simple, i wish i can achieve just 5% of it. :)

5. Cheung

Cheung Moderator

wannabe badminton phototaker
    Gade moves his leg just before Hendrawan hits the shuttle so when Hendrawan changes the direction of the shot, Gade's leg is in mid-motion. Very difficult to change direction with only one foot on the ground.

6. May

May Guest

umm..... Could I have ur e-mail addy or icq number???

7. cooler

cooler Regular Member

Surfing, reading fan mails:D, Dilithium Crystal hu
    but gade should not be continue to make preemptive moves when hendrawan deception shots are so effective against gade. I know, it is easy for me sitting here to say it but pro like gade should know when to change the play style.

8. Cheung

Cheung Moderator

That's true.

Although I don't analyse every movement in detail, it got me curious as to why Peter got left standing. It was like his AE s/f match vs Gopi. Especially, when Gopi did the low serve feinting a high serve. Peter got caught a few times. And normally, one shouldn't be caught out by the same trick more than twice (as written by Judy Hashman[I think])

9. Cheung

Cheung Moderator

Uhuh, real trouble now!!

flick_serve@yahoo.com

10. minh

minh Guest

it may be just me but i do feel that Gade doesnt seem to be the player that he used to be.it could just be a rough patch.every player eventually gets one.

do you think Gade has lost a bit of his motivation,or even the love for the game (GOD FORBID!)?

11. OJ

OJ Guest

I think Gade has lost a little bit of his motivation for the game. That's not outspoken from his side, it's just my feeling after i heard a few interviewa on danish tv the latest year. He is not that young and hungry anymore, even if he has not won WC or olympics. My guess is that if he had done that he might not be in the game much longer. Maby it was best what happened after all - Gade not winning the title. Now we have him motivaded for another two years.

This is just a bunch of grap talk, but still, not totaly unbeliveble. Sun Jun ended his career after his bigest win...

12. mbelinda

mbelinda Guest

Well basically there is nothing wrong with Gade. I have never seen Hendrawan play so fast past not even in the Asia Cup. I guess Gade was too happy to be in the final that makes lost his concentration. Hendrawan style was pretty good with fast attacking and tricky shots especially with his good net play.

13. May

May Guest

Possible, after all, he's about 25 this year already, probably needs something new to challenge him.