Fakes and clones.

Discussion in 'Identify Fake Racket (Price/Source/Serial/Photos a' started by Savage, Aug 31, 2004.

1. Savage

Savage New Member

Hi

I would like to know the difference between fakes and clones. Why are fakes so bad? Do they not copy the technology or do they use cheaper materials? And how do clones perform? thanks

2. bluejeff

bluejeff Regular Member

Developer
    Quick answer for your question, Fake is something that pretend to be the original with similar looks, Clone is something that copied the original style and look but with different name.

For more details, you can use "search"

3. taneepak

taneepak Regular Member

Designing and producing quality feather shuttlecoc
    Fakes are illegal, as it infringes on someone's brand. Clones are look-alike that do not infringe on someone's brand. You have legal redress if you unknowingly bought a fake. With clones, you have no case, because you know exactly what you are buying.

4. Winex West Can

Winex West Can Regular Member

Hi Tech
    Fakes are items that manufactured to look like the original and presented to the consumer as the real item. The basic idea here is to deceive the consumer to think that they are actually getting the real item. You have no recourse because most sellers of fakes tend to disappear once you pay for the item.

Clones are (similar to PC) items that are manufactured to as closely as they can to the real items and marketed under a different brand name. They are not presented to be the real items but rather a copy. Most of them are also covered by a warranty and retailers/distributors/manufacturers will stand behind this warranty. The basic idea here is to provide alternatives to the consumer at a reasonal price.

5. smash_master

smash_master Regular Member

player/coach/student
    well now that you know the difference between a clone and a fake the reason that a fake is so bad is because it is just made to look like the racquet and not preform like it i have a friend who bought an tonex armotec 700 and it said that the flex was stiff welll turns out that it wasent i mean that thing could bend and then it was alot heavier than it should be and stuff like that, thats what makes it so bad, in the case of clones there not all that bad i mean there designed to preform just like the real thing so theres bot to much to worry about there well atleast thats what i think about clones havent used one though.