Buying advice

Discussion in 'Racket Recommendation / Comparison' started by kkcalimero, Sep 1, 2004.

1. kkcalimero

kkcalimero New Member

Can someone advise me?

My MP 77 somehow got broken, of course no one has a clue how it happened, still it leaves me without a good racket. My second is a carlton rasmussen which isn't bad, it's quite short compared to the MP 77.

I liked the MP 77 but maybe there's something else better for me, i would like your advice on this to mike a well informed choice.

I'm tall ( 6ft 4) if that's important?
    people often say i have very good technique and can hit most shots pretty well, I have a very hard smash also!

my way of playing, i prefer to keep the rally short, mostly technical played but can be very aggressive and hardhitting too. Also I'm getting everything from all over the court back in play which would be defensive?I hope it's making sense, maybe I'm an all round player?

As told I liked the MP77, it allowed my to smash like hell but could hit every shot i liked as well, net play went fine.

How would different rackets affect my play? Will I win smashing power with MP 99 or 100 (and while we're at it, what's the difference between the 99 and the 100)but then loose on fine technical play? HOw about those armortec rackets? I've been reading so much threads here that say opposite things about the same rackets, it's all very confusing!

Is this enough information to give me advice?

thanks very much for any advice!

#1 kkcalimero, Sep 1, 2004
    Last edited: Sep 1, 2004