This wonderful place called VRC

Discussion in 'Vancouver Racquets Club' started by cappy75, Sep 2, 2004.

1. cappy75

cappy75 Regular Member

Depot Support Representative
    I just wanna write in to tell everybody who hasn't already clued in to the fact that there's this fantastic badminton facility called the Vancouver Racquets Club. Initially, I had reservations about the club as I heard about its legendary inhospitality to newcomers and its cadre of snobs... from ex-VRC players:eek:. However, nothing can be further from the truth.

This past summer has been the best time I have had and it's all because of the friendly people I met in the club. Thanks to its 24/7 facility access and the pool of high calibre players, I have made enormous strides in my game. If anybody has any hesitation about joining the club, take it from me... you won't after awhile:p.

Here are some of the VRC-BF'er folks I want to thank for making my time at the club so enjoyable... <ok, cue the violin...>

Badrad: numero uno guy who first introduced me to the wonders of VRC. It's always a pleasure joking with badrad, it's too bad that he didn't come out for games much due to injury and work:(.

Timeless: an inspiration for me (ok, I have told you many times... but that doesn't make it any less true, buddy!) and made me saw the game in a different light. He also guided me in my efforts to be the best badder I could be. It won't be the same w/o his help:(.

Speed78: the most wonderful lady I have ever met. She and her husband made me feel very welcomed the first few times I dropped in at the club. It's because of them that I get to know lots of great people through them:). Saturday night-Sunday morning at VRC just doesn't feel right w/o at least a post-game supper with them:p.

PeteLSD and SchrodingerCat: the Lai bros are the best pals to be around. They know almost everything there is to know about computer and badminton equipment:eek:! I have had tons of fun playing and training with them:). OK, SchrodingerCat... no need to apologise for it:D.

TTT and SmashingBird: most fun I have playing with or against them. How can I not thank them for their funny albeit long running rivalry with each other:p? It's soap opera quality here, man:p!

Marky: now here's another friendly face at the club. Always fun to chat with him... like hearing his agony as a family man:D. If I ever feel bad about being single, I know who to talk to for cheers:p. I am also happy to see him kick ass out there on the courts occasionally:p.

Well, there are many others I would like to thank but I just couldn't recall their nicks on BF;). Once again, it's been great experience at the VRC. You guys are motivation enough for me to try my darnest to get back into the club:). Hope to see you soon!

Peace out:D!

#1 cappy75, Sep 2, 2004
    Last edited: Sep 2, 2004
  2. badrad

badrad Regular Member

currently unemployed
    oh well, there's always next summer...

how time flies when your having fun - i just put my fingers to the keyboard to crunch out a new software version and before i realized it, a couple months have passed by. i think i can count the number of times i played at the club through this summer on one hand.
    and also after 9 months and counting - the shoulder injury still nags at me. doesn't hurt any more, but there must be some scars inside, as there are crackling sounds from the joint the times i have played. you probably see me fooling around with the shoulder in between points - it's kinda cool listening to the grinding sound and pops.

cappy - you can always still come back to play as guest, or see how the personal stuff goes through the fall - November is usually a rush for some new members since the season is pro-rated from then on to April.

3. 604badder

604badder Member

Full time badminton fanatic, and student
    So now that your summer membership's over, will we see you back at Collingwood? Hope to see you Sunday :)

4. cappy75

cappy75 Regular Member

Heh! 604badder, care to join me the next time I apply for VRC membership:D? With your conscientious drive for improvement, I am sure you'll fit right in with the crowd:).

Badrad, I will visit the club to chat up with you guys whenever I can. Drop-in as playing guest is still pricy, especially now that I am eyeing for full membership later in the year. Will add my name to waiting list once I am in a better position to do so.

5. Loh

Loh Regular Member

Semi-Retired
    Hi cappy75,

Good to note that you've enjoyed yourself at VRC and got to know so many members. Care to post some pix in due course for faraway BFers like me to try to relate to what you've described? :)

6. cappy75

cappy75 Regular Member

Heh! Thanks Loh! I doubt I will try with my cheapie digicam after the last bashing I got from some of our esteemed BF photog enthusiasts for my latest handiwork:eek:. Best to experience it first hand! Come on out to Vancouver, Loh! We'll give you the full red-carpet welcome! Even better if you could tag Ants along with you;).

7. Marky

Marky Regular Member

Richmond, Beautiful British Columbia, Canada
    You have very kind compliment on me. In fact I must thank your valuable time in practicing me through out the summer. I won’t be able to improve if not yours (and timeless’s) effort. I hope you can come back and join this community soon. All the best to you.

8. SmashingBird

SmashingBird Regular Member

Student, Badminton-student
    RICHMOND BC...ne hot girls from richmond that play
    Crappy75,
    I noticed you improved a lot, your work habbits are excellent, too bad you can't come back. Rest In Peace buddy.

9. speed78

speed78 Regular Member

What little we have done not deserve mentioning, :eek: you feel welcomed is because of your good behavior which makes people like to intimate with you.:) (Look what happen to KXX.....;) .) "Birds of a feather flock together", anyway thanks for the encomium. Hope you rejoin VRC soon! We are on the tiptoe of expectation.

10. Pete LSD

Pete LSD Regular Member

Soul Searching
    Humm, KXX is properly reading this posting ;) .

11. speed78

speed78 Regular Member

Oh! So sorry, may be I should call him "LONG JEUAN FONG".:D

12. SmashingBird

SmashingBird Regular Member

Student, Badminton-student
    RICHMOND BC...ne hot girls from richmond that play
    yah that might be less obvious...

to be..or not to be....or to not be what is not to be

13. Pete LSD

Pete LSD Regular Member

Soul Searching
    Yes, Speed78 is being philosophical. It's like saying what is NMD as to TMD?

14. 15Love

15Love Regular Member

software developer, lab tech
    we shall miss seeing you at the VRC. Your keenness makes us old cynical longtime members slightly less jaded!

15. cappy75

cappy75 Regular Member

Hey Marky,

It's my pleasure to help you out:)! I think the credit should go to Timeless as he gave you lots of tips to correct your form. Without guidance, you would waste more movement and energy for the same result. You got what you deserved as you worked really hard for it. So don't be a slouch, keep it up:D! I want to see you make ME run when I come back;).

#15 cappy75, Sep 3, 2004
    Last edited: Sep 3, 2004
  16. cappy75

cappy75 Regular Member

Really?! And here I thought you guys missed me cuz you made me run all over the court everytime I play against you:p.

#16 cappy75, Sep 3, 2004
  17. timeless

timeless Regular Member

Comp. Eng.
    Cappy!

My friend, it's been nothing but fun, laughs, and good times this summer. Your hard work, dedication, and utmost friendliness is an inspiration to all. You will most certainly be missed. This week, the hall definitely felt different with one less kindred spirit among our ranks. Please return to us soon!

18. cappy75

cappy75 Regular Member

Heh! True enough, how can one not reciprocate to nice people? It really boggles my mind sometimes about unruly people:(. You and your husband has been really nice to me and really didn't make it any easier for me to leave:crying:.

19. cappy75

cappy75 Regular Member

Well, timeless... you set an example for all to follow. Now that you're a director, it's more visible than ever:D.

#19 cappy75, Sep 3, 2004
  20. cappy75

cappy75 Regular Member

Awww... I can feel the love, man:rolleyes:. Don't miss me too much, I won't be gone for long:D!