cab30ms with bg80?

Discussion in 'Badminton String' started by Brenn, Sep 4, 2004.

1. Brenn

Brenn Regular Member

Cab30ms with bg80? since i hit way too hard and all my previous racquets have split or fractured, is the Cab30ms very durable for me, wat would be the best stringing tension for me as i want the strings to last atleast a month.

"If u had more control i would be really intimidating" so someone said to me last week, yeh im hoping it has more control too, when i do smash but i quess that comes down to practice, so im hoping if i get a cab30 it wont break, is there any one in the same situation, ie hit too hard.
    Also anyone in australia know where i can get one(cab30ms), a lady i play with is going to china for a month, im in perth and yeh i cant find any here, so i might get her to get me one.
    cheers

Brenn

2. Kyperal

Kyperal New Member

Student
    Maybe you should try a less repulsive, durable string like BG 65/ BG 65ti/ BG 70pro?

3. cappy75

cappy75 Regular Member

Depot Support Representative
    Sounds like a good setup to me. For the thin BG80, go with tension around 20~23lbs. Any higher and you'll risk frequent string failure.

4. Brenn

Brenn Regular Member

yeh i have bg65 now, it seems quite flat, can get power out it easily but control wise atm is hard to drop the bird were i want, and im just trying out new strings to see which ones i like. yeh i was thinking 23lbs cause someone said here in the forums if u dont have bg80 strung at 23+ it feels like bg66, so i might just go 23. for the first time.
    Cheers Brenn

5. Neil Nicholls

Neil Nicholls Regular Member

What were your previous racquets?
    What were the circumstances of their breakage?

6. Brenn

Brenn Regular Member

cab8100 light and some pro kennex carbon 727 (that was my first racquet starting off in badminton)

circumstances? um there just small fractures in the pro kennex, and in the cab8100 light, the top part of the head has sorta go in wards, and the metal between 2 pairs of adjacent gromments has collapsed so the string has essentially gone through it and is now resting underneath where it normally is, i dont have a digi cam to take any pics to explain, but if lost a few lbs of tension, feels as if its only 15 right now some times it feels like 18, but rest of the time it gives me the shits making boing noises and falling just out side (~13cm) when it use to fall dead on the line. Both cant be restrung so now i have no spare racquet only this cab8100light.

7. Neil Nicholls

Neil Nicholls Regular Member

Any new Yonex racquet should, in theory, be durable enough.
    If you are a really, really powerful player, you probably want a stiff racquet rather than a flexible one. (I don't know what Cab30 is)

For strings,
    Do you generally play with plastic or feather shuttles?

If plastic, I would say BG-70Pro or BG-68Ti
    If feather, BG-80, BG-68Ti, BG-65 are all OK

Tension you really have to sort out yourself by trying different tensions.
    22/23 lb is as good a starting point as any.

8. Brenn

Brenn Regular Member

cheers everyone, yeh cab30ms is suposably alittle bit less stiffer then mp99, but only by a small amount i think, i only ever play with feather. thanks hehe ive made my mind up finally, its all settled now. cab30ms with bg80(royal blue) strung @ 23lbs possibly 22, not sure, and karakal pu grip (blue or red/black).
    Brenn