greetings, all.

Discussion in 'Introduction' started by laughable c., Sep 5, 2004.

1. laughable c.

laughable c. Regular Member

to burn a hole(s) in my seat - more difficult than
    needless to say, i'm a newbie here. from malaysia.
    er, i really LOVE watching badminton, esp when played betw. top ranking badm. players. i have quite a number of favourites too. though , i must say XIA XUANZE is rite at the top of the list.

i play too. not superb. but i'm working on it! i play at KIARA CLUB in KL (anyone?) usually on weekends. and with my family, mostly. none of my own friends play this sport; they DON"t play ANY sports in fact. and those who do.. well, one of them has APPARENTLY gotten so sick of the game, he has gotten so far as to say he'll never lift a badminton racquet again... and the others aren't that interested anyway.

i would really really love to go to beijing in 2008. watch the diving, gymnastics, volleyball, table tennis, and of course badminton. in fact, i'm dying to be as close as possible to the sites of action, and hopefully get some handshakes, photos.. ooh be able to cheer alonside the chinese suppporters.

did i mention, china rocks? :cool:

2. Bresis

Bresis Regular Member

hello~! welcome here..I think we share a lot of common interests..i'm into badminton and Xia is also one of my favourite player. I'm also looking forward to attend the Beijing 2008 Olympics and i hope to see Liu Xiang :cool: Btw, I'm from malaysia too

3. laughable c.

thx for replyiing

hey COOL, bresis!
    where'd you live?

yeah, i liked the way liu xiang won the 110m hurdles 'without pressure'. and the fact that he sort of predicted he could come out with winning the gold!

but that's not look too far ahead. i'm gonna be watching out for the world championships 2005 in anaheim. too bad i can't get first hand news.

4. laughable c.

oh by the way, for common knowledge!

i'm having my driving test tomorrow. n i'v gotta be ready by 6.30 am! n i'v this bad feeling that i might not even be able to pass the first section: on the slope. if i fail this first section, it means i can't proceed to the 3-point-turn, then the on-the-road(which is where the REAL test begins!). what can i say? i really AM lousy doing the slope.

well, that's all. g'luck to me. :rolleyes:

p/s: thanks for the moral support.

5. Syaoran_Style

Syaoran_Style Regular Member

heyy Laughable c. =p
    Good Luck for Your driving test !!!! wish you will have it easily :D
    I wish to Go In Beijing 2008 ... for see OF COURSE FIRSTLY BADMINTON LooL also gymnastic, diving and why not air rifle =)
    and Welcome here =)

6. laughable c.

i HAVE to say that athens 2004 wasn't as bizarre as sydney2000. not that i have really great memories to boast of , aside from china winning to mens singles medals:ji xinpeng and xiaxuanze... but somehow or rather, sydney2000 left me with a great impression of olympics... i don't know where i was during the previous olympics!!

but this year's olympics was great in a way because Astro had almost a full coverage of it. so i got to see a lotta sports and china in action.

through THIS olympics, i realised what
    sports fever was all about! i never thought it was possible before this... always scoffing off the idea of FOOTBALL FEVER and all during world cups.... :eek:

7. laughable c.

how was driving.

hey i got myself wrong when i said that if i failed the slope test, i wouldn't be able to proceed to the next one. let me correct the mistake.. there are only 2 sections: the road test; and slope+side parking+3-point-turn section. if you failed the road one, you could still go on to the next part (but you'll have to repeat the road test again another day). in order to pass section II, one has to complete all 3 'tasks' perfectly.

AND SO, today i went for that formidable driving test. and as fate would have it, the road test, which i'm most comfortable with went straight down the drain with a jaw-dropping mark of 4/20! and all i did wrong was to drive slightly crooked and maybe endangered that tester's dear life.

as for the slope, i had almost zero confidence , was my pride saver. needless to say, i passed that section.

8. laughable c.

9. Bresis

Bresis Regular Member

I'm from Penang but currently studying in KL :) Good luck for ur next driving test..btw..i failed the 1st time at the slope but luckily passed the road driving part ;) Olympic fever really got on to me too..watching the coverage the whole day. Disrupting my studies and sleep..haha..feel kinda empty when the games ended..and u're so lucky to have Astro~! I'm stucked with rtm coz' the place i'm staying now doesn't have astro. :crying:

10. laughable c.

gee! i experienced the exact same feeling when the games ended. i also wished m'sia had won a few medals, at least a couple 'a bronze. not that i'm that great a m'sian fan (but i supported bryan nickson.. 14 yrs old and in the men's diving - though only after i was sure he wasn't a threat to china;heheh!), but i figured if they did, then THE STAR would have an olympic pullout after the games ended. but they evidently did not.

but you were sorta lucky anyway. i stayed up late nights because of the
    fever and the panda eyes are threatening to be permanent! they seem to be getting worse these days. :crying: