PON XVI in Indonesia - Indonesian games

Discussion in '2004 Tournaments' started by psychopate001, Sep 7, 2004.

1. psychopate001

psychopate001 Regular Member

Hi... Does anyone know the website of the PON XVI competition?
    Actually I got one but there's nowhere I can see the results. Anyone?

2. psychopate001

psychopate001 Regular Member

Winner

Well, I've heard that Taufik had won the individual title against Simon?????
    And when I asked about Sony, my friend replied he had maybe lost against Marleve!!!
    Anyone got the info?

3. sen

sen Regular Member

Individual events completed yesterday.

Taufik won gold beating Simon.

Marleve and Wimpie are bronze medallist.

Sonny lost to Marleve in Q-final.

In the team event, Taufik lost to Wimpie but his team won 4-1. Taufik team lost in semis so bronze medal.

Simon team won gold beating Sonny team in final

The interesting match should be men doubles :
    Markis Kido/Hendra Setiawan lost to Chandra Wijaya/Nova Widianto, 15-13, 16-17, 13-15

4. Ningtyas

Ningtyas Regular Member

I read somewhere that Taufik lost to Soni Dwi Kuncoro so easily 3-15, 3-15 in the team event when West Java (Taufik's team) met East Java.

Good that finally Taufik won the gold medal.

#4 Ningtyas, Sep 10, 2004
    Last edited: Sep 10, 2004
  5. jump_smash

jump_smash Regular Member

IT
    http://www.thejakartapost.com/detailweekly.asp?fileid=20040905.@01
    Highlight News
    September 5, 2004
    Out-of-form Taufik falls short in Palembang
    Moch. N. Kurniawan and Eva C. Komandjaja, The Jakarta Post, Palembang
    Olympic champion Taufik Hidayat took a second stunning defeat at the National Games on the third day of competition as West Java was denied a place in the men's badminton team final on Saturday.
    Inside the fully-packed Jakabaring Badminton Hall, Taufik lost to fellow Olympian Sony Dwi Kuncoro 15-3, 15-3 as West Java lost 3-0 to East Java, which will now face Jakarta in the final on Sunday.
    The women's division will see Jakarta play against Central Java in the finals on Sunday after which the individual badminton matches begin.
    West Java, which is keen on finishing as runner-up behind favorite Jakarta in the quadrennial sporting spectacle, made amends for its badminton flop by shooting a barrage of gold elsewhere.
    The team took home four of 11 gold medals on offer on the first day of rowing and canoeing races, courtesy of Sayadin, Asnawir, Tri Noorendah, Riyanti Rais and Anang.
    Papua joined the West Java spree, winning three golds, while Central Java, Southeast Sulawesi, Central Kalimantan and Jambi took one each.
    With four golds in rowing, one in equestrian and one in cycling, West Java, as of 7 p.m. Jakarta time, had collected 14 golds to close the gap by one behind runaway leader Jakarta, which topped the table with 15 golds.
    Twenty-four of the 30 participating provinces have now scored medals from various matches, which local people are increasingly enthusiastic to watch.
    Jakarta added four golds, two from judo -- thanks to Jimmy Anggoro in the men's 73-81 kilogram category and Dwi Sihmanto in the men's 81-90 kilogram.
    The others came from the wushu arena, courtesy of Dapit in the men's qiangshu and Susyiana in the women's chagquan.
    Saturday's program saw a number of athletes take their second gold following their first victory on Friday.
    Nurdiana won her second from wushu to help North Sumatra collect an overall 11, while gymnast Yulianti of Lampung put in a almost flawless performance to win the all-round competition, her second following her victory on the previous day.
    North Sumatra stayed in second on the provisional standings followed by East Java with eight and host South Sumatra with six golds.
    National archer Rina Dewi Puspita Sari garnered a double victory to steer East Java to a triple victory by winning three of the gold medals on offer.
    But the reigning champion East Java, which toppled Jakarta in the overall medal collection in Surabaya in 2000, was still struggling behind South Sumatra with a five gold haul.