Racquet Selection help

Discussion in 'Badminton Rackets / Equipment' started by jono88, Sep 8, 2004.

1. jono88

jono88 Regular Member

Hi,
    I am pretty new to the game and am looking for my first racquet. I live in nebraska, USA and there are no decent racquets in the stores. I orginally wanted a yonex (because its the only brand i knew) but i think they are overpriced and i could buy a better racquet for the same price in another brand. My price range is $30-60USD. i really dont know my style of play or anything, just want a decent racquet that i can learn with and will last me awhile. These are the racquets i found, but can't decide since i can't find much info about them on this site.

Kason K-Max 601 $50 (strung with a bag)
    Victor Prodigy 506 $50 (strung)
    Victor Storm 60 $40 (strung)
    Black knight 723 smash ECG $48.50
    Carlton airblade 500 TI $43.43

I would appreciate any help. thanks

2. LazyBuddy

LazyBuddy Regular Member

Engineer
    If you are relatively new to this sport, guess any graphite rackets should be fine at this moment. Therefore, your choice of picking up lower to mid lvl racket is good.

Check www.sportsnetonline.net, they have some good "close out" deals. Not sure if anyone still left in stock, and how's the condition (new, used, demo, etc). Maybe give them a call. The owner is also our member, very helpful guy. :)

Also, check www.badminton.net, www.badmintonalley.com. They have a lot of choices there as well.

If you are interested in SOTX and Winex rackets, you can talk with our member Winex West Can for more details. :p

3. prophet

prophet Regular Member

teacher
    Another good store for beginners is www.badmintonwarehouse.com

They have a selection guide that can help you chose a racquet. You describe the type of player you are and the guide helps you with some racquet choices. You can also select by price if thats your deciding factor.

good luck.