In-depth game analysis forum.

Discussion in 'General Forum' started by kwun, Jun 18, 2001.

1. kwun

kwun Administrator

BC Janitor
    i am proposing to start a new forum on "game analysis". the goal of the forum is for people who are interested in badminton strategy and technique to gather and discuss strategies and techniques used in an international tournament game.

the format of the forum would like this. every 2 weeks to a month, from the suggestions of the participants, moderator(s) will pick a game to focus on. and for that period, the participants will watch the video of the game and disect the game.

by "disect" i mean analysing the game from a general strategy level, all the way to techniques used in individual rally or shots. and including things like how the players handled the game psychologically, physically, etc.

the pre-requisite for participating in this forum will be having access to current badminton videos, and also the will to learn and teach techniques and strategies from and to others.

as many of us are no expert on it, ability is not a requirement, as long as you are serious about it. you're welcome.

if you are interested in participating in such a forum, please send me an email.

if you have comments, please reply to this message.

cheers!

2. terence

terence Guest

hi kwun,
    it's a great idea.i'm intersted.

3. Cary

Cary Guest

Hi Kwan, I am interested.

4. Steplantis

Steplantis Regular Member

Broadcast Engineer
    Count me in too - the only problem would be the video part. Maybe we could start with some of the clips on the Web already ( places like realbadminton.com etc ).

Cheers,
    Stephen

5. May

May Guest

I don't think so.........

What is this forum going to be used for then??? Racquets, bags etc. are already in the Equipment forum.

6. Cheung

Cheung Moderator

wannabe badminton phototaker
    Re: I don't think so.........

Anything else can be in the discussion forum.

The access to the videos is a problem. Server space space for Web videos may be limited unfortunately. And with limited visual access, the discussion will be also limited.

It's a great idea. We can all try to increase our knowledge and share ideas.

7. May

May Guest

Re: I don't think so.........

???????

8. marshall

marshall Regular Member

Computer Security Manager
    Great idea. Since ability is not a requirement, I'm ready.

9. viver

viver Regular Member

It's really a great idea, only access to videos as mentioned by others will be my problem.

10. harry

harry Guest

ya, this is a great idea but a link or shortcut in this site of the video will be perfect

11. Brett

Brett Regular Member

Ditto with Viver. Hopefully my friend from Malaysia will receive some videos soon so I can borrow them.

12. Brett

Brett Regular Member

Can there be a policy that the video of the week be selected with maximum availability in mind? This may mean that some of the better (but not readily available) matches might go undiscussed, but would allow more people to participate. We need a badminton video clearinghouse that ships internationally.