Alerts to Posts in this Forum

Discussion in 'Forum Feedback' started by Loh, Sep 17, 2004.

1. Loh

Loh Regular Member

Semi-Retired
    Sometimes I get alerts in my email to some old posts I made on this Forum but not on the newer posts. Eg reminders that someone else has a comment on "BC.com t-shirts".

The alerts are useful for I am led once again to others' views on a subject to which I contributed earlier. Otherwise I would probably miss their views because of the time factor and the fact that there are now many more contributions in many more threads, thus making it more difficult to followup. It also saves some time for not having to return back to the old threads to hunt for any further views on the subject. Of course the icon "Today's Posts" has helped to let us have a quick run through, but I still missed many contributions.

I wonder whether you experienced the same problem and whether Kwun's 'new' software does not provide this useful facility as we used to have before? :(

Maybe Kwun can elighten? ;)

2. kwun

kwun Administrator

BC Janitor
    Loh,

you can control that option.

from the top menu, User CP -> Edit Options -> Defautl Thread Subscription Mode. set this to Instant email notification. If you do that. all new threads that you participate from now all will notify you when there is a new post.

3. Loh

Loh Regular Member

Semi-Retired
    No wonder I missed many notifications. Manys thanks to you I've now updated my settings and hope everything will work fine from now onwards! :D