New cheap & good shuttlecock

Discussion in 'Shuttlecock' started by Netasia, Sep 22, 2004.

1. Netasia

Netasia Regular Member

Hi, does anyone here tried 羽翔 YuXiang GC-102 shuttlecock?
    Chinese forum seem to give good rating for this cheap & good shuttlecock.
    It's as good as Yonex AS-30 but much cheaper.

Please comment.

2. crazy_smasher

crazy_smasher Regular Member

No never heard of it, anyway doubt can find it in Singapore

No, never heard of it, anyway doubt can find it in Singapore
    How much does it cost? unless u can get someone to bring in quite a lot from China, long term, it will not be very good coz it is not readily available here in Singapore.

Btw, i find As-30 ok, in same price range, Space Arrow chinese brand, sea lion or slightly 2-3 bucks more (protech or victor green) are better, can find them in bras basah. If the YuXiang is much cheaper, then maybe you can try 1 tube and see for yourself. :) Also, can share any other interesting things the chinese forum discuss about? :D

Regards

CS [for Crazy_smasher, not...CounterStrike :)]

3. Netasia

Netasia Regular Member

I agree, unless we can bring it into Singapore in bulk, but first I have to test the quality. I found this brand on a China badminton forum and I'm over to queensway and bras basah to search for it on this weekend.

If the quality is as what was rated. I'm interested to get it over here.
    Has Protech increase it's price lately? I heard it's $23 now. Currently we are using Sistec 818 at $21.

4. crazy_smasher

Protech around $22-$24, i think 1-2yr ago was $20

My preferred shuttle now is victor green $22. protech, once ruffled cannot fly well. Cheapest but quite reasonable shuttle is space arrow blue $15(way better than as-10), never tried sintec at all, is the 818 their highest grade?

CS

5. Netasia

Netasia Regular Member

I'm not sure if it's their highest grade, but it is the tournament grade. I think the Toa Payah west cc badminton competition is using 818.

Personally i find 818 has good flight, however not as durable as compare to AS40. Anyone else have any comment to add about Sintec 818?

May I know th victor green you mention, is it a "Green" Champion No.1 or a "Light Green" Champion No. 3?

#5 Netasia, Sep 22, 2004
    Last edited: Sep 22, 2004
  6. leehsim

leehsim Regular Member

Protech (Black) or Protech (Green) Tournament Grade

I have used Protech (Black) which is priced at $22 to $24. I recently used Protech (Green) Tournament Grade and found it very much better than Protech (Black). It is priced at $ 25.00 What is your view on Protech (Green) Tournament Grade ?

7. bluejeff

bluejeff Regular Member

Developer
    Some people in my school gym uses Aeroplane, and I think they are OK with fair prices.

Recently, aeroplane seems just changed its packaging, I wonder if there is a new series coming out? Still not sure though since I don't use Aeroplane very often. I uses AS30/40 most of time. :)

8. leehsim

leehsim Regular Member

Hi bluejeff,

I noticed that you use AS30/40. What is your experience of using AS50 ?

9. FEND.

FEND. Regular Member

Full Time Badmintoncentral.com/forums camper. Part
    If I'm not wrong it is the same as AS-5 located sold here. Though I might be wrong

10. leehsim

leehsim Regular Member

In Singapore, sport shops stock AS3, 4, 5 and AS10, 20, 30, 40, and 50.

My experience with AS5 is that they are expensive shuttles with perfect flight path but the rachis or shaft of the feather break off easily, especially when a smash caught the feather part of the shutle with the frame of the racket.

I am not very particular with the brands of shuttles as long as they are reasonably good in quality and price.

11. bluejeff

bluejeff Regular Member

Developer
    In fact, I am holding a tube of AS50 right now (as AS-50 is my official testing shuttles for testing new rackets) :)

I think the flight is very accurate, the construction is great, the feather quality is high (of couse, the feather is thicker than cheap shuttles), but the durability is about the same as AS30 and 40. Just like other Yonex shuttles, don't look for special durability on them.

AS50 is only worth of buying if you can get them cheap, this tube of AS50 was kind of like a gift from one of my dealers/suppliers I know, so it doesn't cost me a lot. I would stick with AS30/40 for my regular playings when using Yonex shuttles.

12. Feng_MP-100

Feng_MP-100 Regular Member

Student
    The best and cheapest shuttlecock i have ever used is "Chester"I tried Yonex AS50... But didn't like it..... too light and not really durable... >_<

13. jeffreyk

jeffreyk Regular Member

my personal experience;

Protech Green (Tournament) is more durable (feather just don't break :D) but tends to slow down quite significantly through the game. Protech Black (PT10) flight is more consistent.

IMO, both are very good shuttles & the difference is minimal, both in price & quality. Green costs S$23, Black S$22.

14. Netasia

Netasia Regular Member

Just went to Queesway & BB to source for shuttlecocks. AS-40 currently cost $24(out of stock at QW), Victor Green tournament grade cost $22, Protech PT-10 cost $23 and Aeroplane G1101 cost $22.

Also, I will be ordering 2 new brand of shuttlecocks from China, which are highly graded by the chinese. Will post here for the test result.

15. crazy_smasher

Protech Pt-10 is good but once ruffled flight is affected but feather does not snap easily like yonex.

Protech green one is definitely better when brand new, but i thought it is around $25+????? jeffreyk, where do you find it at $23? only place i know is 10/10 bras basah selling protech

Victor green tournament is what i prefer now, a bit fast but durable,

i think as-40 is 23 at bras basah cheapest, i am not sure last time, it was, maybe now increased already.

How much is the china shuttle?

16. jeffreyk

jeffreyk Regular Member

I bought before at Gala sports queensway but need to buy more tubes to get that price.

17. Netasia

Netasia Regular Member

The china shuttlecock is around S$15 but have not include the shipping and remitting cost. The shuttlercock was rated as good as Victor Green Tournament grade. I'll try to order few different china brand of shuttlecock. I will post my personal review once I got to try them out as compare to the previous Sintec 818

18. Netasia

Netasia Regular Member

I'm so disappointed with the YuXiang shuttle. It's not as good as the given ratings. Each ball can't given last for 1 game. However I tried another china brand shuttle, it lasted around 1.2 game per ball, at S$18/doz.

19. Cengsc

Cengsc Regular Member

Administrative..
    Re

Hi all,

Can u tell me bras basah is it the bras basah complex or others?
    Can u tell me where is the place? How to go?
    i want to go there to take look.

Ceng

20. Netasia

Netasia Regular Member

yes, the bras basah comple opposite the raffles hotel. If you're taking the MRT, alight at city hall. But you can't find the china shuttle i mentioned.