Database error?

Discussion in 'Forum Feedback' started by bluejeff, Sep 23, 2004.

1. bluejeff

bluejeff Regular Member

Developer
    I am not sure if it's just me, but lately (within past week), I tend to get errors when coming to BC. It's a blank page (nice BC logoing on the top still works) with saying "database errors".

Then, I will have to wait about 5 mintues and reload it again.....and then it would be just normal.

Perhaps we have too much of traffic? ;) :confused:

2. badmad

badmad Regular Member

nope, blueJeff

Atleast I have never came across this error... this problem might be well because of some inconsistency/load issue... :cool:

3. bluejeff

bluejeff Regular Member

Developer
    next time I will post a screen shot :)
    It's very weird.....it might has something to do with connections, ISP, or even something to do with SP2! (I will have to find out)

4. kwun

kwun Administrator

BC Janitor
    that's happens very rarely. once in a while, we get so much traffic the database server just gives up and then come back a min or so later.

these few days we have been hit by quite a bit of search enginer spider traffic. google, inktomi, jeteye are all quite eager to find out more about badminton...

when it is financially feasible, i will upgrade the server to something powerful so there will be almost no slowdown. i promise.