Playing in Suwon, Korea

Discussion in 'Japan / Korea' started by GBlanc, Sep 24, 2004.

1. GBlanc

GBlanc New Member

Researcher on robotics
    Hello,
    I'm french and I go to Suwon for few days for my job, from october, the 3rd to the 10th. Would any korean player accept to hit some shutllecocks one evening with me? I would enjoy a lot such an experience!

Thanks

Guillaume

2. david14700

david14700 Regular Member

Darn it, I'll be going in November, so I can't play with you.

If you don't get any replies, you could always try to find a local club in Suwon that will take guests. Most high schools and junior schools have gyms with badminton courts and many of them have local clubs running in the mornings, before school starts (usually, from 6-9 am).

Good luck!

David

3. seven

seven New Member

Computing Engineer
    If you don't get any answer...

If you don't get any answer, try sending a PM to timeless or economet, they should be able to help you... (but maybe they haven't seen the thread yet)

4. timeless

timeless Regular Member

Comp. Eng.
    Ask and you shall receive! ;)

In Korea, most non-competitors play in school gymnasiums. Many school gymnasiums will be host to a club or group of people that rent it out for badminton. Usually they play for a couple hours before and after school, when the gymnasium isn't being used by the school teams.

So I recommend that you check out all the schools in your vicinity, and inquire whether they have a badminton club that plays there in the mornings and/or evenings. A friend of mine is in Korea at the moment, and went about finding a place to play exactly the same way. Unfortunately for her, the only place she found near her house starts play at 6AM! :eek: But her love for badminton still gets her up to go! *LOL* :D

Good luck! :)

5. GBlanc

GBlanc New Member

Researcher on robotics
    OK, I'll try. Thanks.:)
    Guillaume

6. event

event Regular Member

Pity I wasn't using BC in the fall. I live in Suwon and know all the places. We have a badminton-only gym here now. Well, one gym and one tent. I hope you were successful, anyway, or otherwise enjoyed your trip.