badminton shoe makers?

Discussion in 'Clothing & Footwear' started by xiao_yi, Sep 24, 2004.

1. xiao_yi

xiao_yi Regular Member

Student
    I was just wondering, is Yonex the only manufacturer that makes shoes specifically for badminton?

I've been playing with some regular court shoes and I just busted my knee this morning because I tripped over these things for the second time in a game, so I'm definitely going to get some proper badminton shoes now.

I'm probably going to be passing through Tokyo for a few days in November so I was thinking of picking up a pair of the new SHB-98M. I'm looking for something as light as possible and these seem to fit the bill.

I've also heard Yang Yang makes badminton-specific shoes, are they worth a look? Any other companies?

Thanks in advance.
    Xiao Yi

2. kwun

kwun Administrator

BC Janitor
  3. LazyBuddy

LazyBuddy Regular Member

Engineer
    The ones I can think now:

Yonex, Gosen, Yangyang, HiQua, Victor, Forza, Kason, Winex, Hi-Tec, Mizuno, Asics

I am sure there are many many more.

4. bluejeff

bluejeff Regular Member

Developer
    People (many) tend to buy shoes from companies rather than Yonex. These companies included Hi-Tec, Mizuno, Asics, Victor, MMOA, ........etc Very many badminton companies all have their models, although they might not have as many models as Yonex does.

5. OTFK

OTFK Regular Member

engineer
    Ashaway is making badminton shoe too. It is made in China. 3 different model: 1000, 3500 and 5000. I was told the 3500 is for badminton.
    Ashaway website

I think they have a dealer in Australia. My sister likes the 1000 model. I will be testing the 3500 model soon.

6. xiao_yi

xiao_yi Regular Member

Student
    Thank you for the help everyone, I've decided to try on both the Mizuno Wave Smash SR's and the Yonex SHB-98M's while I'm in Japan. I'll see which feel better.

I'm guessing I will probably go with the Mizunos though b/c I'm pretty sure they're the lightest baminton shoes on the market right now.