Insensible Posting - Sugest to adpote Yellow/Red/Black Card System

Discussion in 'Forum Feedback' started by leehsim, Oct 1, 2004.

1. leehsim

leehsim Regular Member

I have read quite a lot of threads in the various Forums. I observed that some threads have very high standard and quality discussion on the topics, some are not so good but still sensible, some are quite bad.

Some examples :

1) Some writer to the thread do not follow the title or topic of the thread and post something entirely off course. (not so bad and tolerable)
    2) Some threads are having very heated argument and some writer started showing bad temper, showing anger, writing something to tease others.( not acceptable to me)
    3) Some threads are showing some childish language and pretend to be humorous.( not so good)

I suggest the moderator can adopt a system to containl the situation by clearly drawing the lines on some behaviours or languages which are totally unacceptable.

1st offence - warning with a Yellow Card.
    Repeated offence - a Red Card.
    Final Offence - A Black Card and therefore blacklisted from posting any more Forum.

2. Mag

Mag Moderator

Graphic Designer
    This is something that we more or less practise already, although not in terms of yellow, red or black cards. We do ban users every now and then, but unless it's for something blatant (such as spam cigarette ads), they will always get a second or even third chance. They will receive a PM from one of the mods saying that we think they're out of line. Some get the message and become contributors to the forum, some don't -- goodbye. Banning is a last resort, and we would like to keep it like that.

The problem is that "clearly drawing the line" is not as easy as it may sound. There is no absolute behavioural ethic code here, nor anywhere else in society. Everything has to be judged by looking at the context.

If we want to keep BF a truly international forum for all interested in badminton (and we do!), that also means all age groups. With that comes that we must be fairly liberal with "childish" postings -- it may well be an inquisitive child writing in the only way he/she knows.

Keep posting!

Mag

3. Cheung

Cheung Moderator

wannabe badminton phototaker
    It already occurs!:D

We do not follow a strict code because being a worldwide forum, different cultures have different levels of freedom to express personal opinion. Blatant off topic posts are edited or deleted and that serves as a reminder. As for humour, there are difficult ones that may be misinterpreted. We hope that most people on the forum are mature enough to deal with these issues themselves and clarify misunderstandings.

As I once wrote a long time ago, let the quality of your postings show what sort of person you are.

4. Mag

Mag Moderator

Graphic Designer
    Gotcha, Cheung!

:p

5. Cheung

Cheung Moderator

wannabe badminton phototaker
    Ouch, you got in first! :crying: I wrote my bit when Mag posted his comments - see, we are consistent:)

6. forrestyung

forrestyung Regular Member

Salesman
    I appreciate that Kwun closed a thread and let everybody cool down.