Someone stole my AT800 limited edition pictures!

Discussion in 'Market Place' started by armortec800, Oct 2, 2004.

1. armortec800

armortec800 Regular Member

2. FEND.

FEND. Regular Member

Full Time Badmintoncentral.com/forums camper. Part
  3. bluejeff

bluejeff Regular Member

Developer
    Since they are using the pics in a business site, I think it's illegal and you should take some legal actions and let them know they are doing something really wrong.

4. herovc

herovc Regular Member

He's probably a BC/BF member. You can warn him here. Good luck..

5. msenghl

msenghl Regular Member

Project Manager
  6. badmad

badmad Regular Member

i think you can get your lawyer working...

But with a common sense, anybody could have gone to the place and taken the pictures... so I'm not sure how would u claim that the pictures are urs... but for sure, lawyers would have a better way to proceed. Good luck.

7. altreality

altreality Regular Member

I think the pics have been removed.....

8. badmad

badmad Regular Member

they are very much there...

9. Winex West Can

Winex West Can Regular Member

Hi Tech
    Easy, all you need to do is overlay the pics over the one that Armortec800 took and everything is exactly the same. Even BBESHOP's version (given that the racquet displayed is in Singapore - serial number).
    :D

A testament of your wonderful photography work :D Yeah, you should sic your lawyer on them and get a commission for your artwork (downside is that you didn't expressed any copyright on the pics).

10. annab

annab Regular Member

Web developer and entrepreneur
    You should just email the guy and tell him to remove the pics ASAP or at least get your permission first and give you photography credits for them.

Just click on the website's View Cart and you will see his email address.

Anna

11. jamesshieh88

jamesshieh88 Regular Member

Student
    thats not cool. you should email the guy or call the place and tell them. clicking "Contact Us" will provide you the guy's email

12. Pecheur

Pecheur Regular Member

Actually if you read the terms and conditions for joining this site (though they may have changed, I joined a LOOOOONG time ago) by posting the pics on this site you supposedly gave the administrator rights to use the pics (and anything that we write). Of course the legality of that is shall we say less than solid, however it could be argued that Kwun could do whatever he wanted with the pics. That being said, I'm sure that kwun has anything to do with this current issue.

13. yanpok

yanpok Regular Member

think about these

Hi you all,

First of all , I want to thank your kindness to post the pictures for us long time ago. I was planning to buy one of the rackets, but I found out it was just an AT limited edition only. I decided not to. I have an AT700 and an AT500 already.

Of course the guy copied your pictures is wrong doing!

But you yourself have made too many mistakes.
    I asked "SOMEONE" already. He said that You have no case.( I am sorry to say that).

1)You have kept saying that it is AT800 limited edition. Actually it is just an AT superbrand limited edition.

2) Although the pictures belong to you (I supposed the racket is not yours), you posted them on the internet without any copyright statement. That implies you let anybody copy them without permission (I am talking about things not people here). If you posted a picture of a man like yourself then the copyright is automatically valid for the person)

3) Actually, Sunrise can sue YOU, if you did not ask them for the permission to post any pictures of their products at any place. They have their copyrights. ( I understand you got permission to take the pictures only , not to post them on the internet.)

4) Next time if you want to be safe, you should take the pictures of anything with you in it :D. Then you can sue them for your face or body:D.

5) The bbeshop might get the permission from Sunrise already, no need from you, because the racket belongs to Sunrise company.

Once again you should contact the guy and bbeshop to have some talk. They may give you something to compromise this situtation.

Good luck!

14. annab

annab Regular Member

Web developer and entrepreneur
    As a web developer, I deal with copyright issues all the time, especially those regarding images.

Most of what yanpok says is pretty much on the money except for 2. A copyright exists once the work is created and published. So yes, the pics might be yours, but can you prove it? I doubt it unless you digitally watermarked it so that it is invisible to the naked eye, or if you visibly watermarked it as badmintonalley.com does on their photos.

For number 3, you could simply have put a disclaimer under your pics like "Yonex logos and trademarks belong to Yonex Corporation" or even more generic, "All trademarks are copyrights of their respective owners."

But Yonex probably won't sue you seeing as they won't even go after those fake racket sellers on ebay :rolleyes:

Anna

15. armortec800

armortec800 Regular Member

I am not suing anyone, nor asking for anything other than basic courtesy.

And I am not even afraid Yonex Sunrise will sue me. There is no case in Singapore’s juridical system. They have me to thank for. I will win if they did. I am good in interpreting the laws here. In America, anyone can sue at the drop of a pin, notably for monetary gains, with the help of the solicitor and split the gains after that. There is little to lose.

Its Ok. Anyway, good luck to their sales. I am enjoying badminton. :D

16. ants

ants Regular Member

Entrepreneur , Modern Nomad
    Beshop is even using Yonex websites pictures... for sunrise.. i don't think they care about it.. its a free advertisements for them.

17. cooler

cooler Regular Member

Surfing, reading fan mails:D, Dilithium Crystal hu
    this isnt the same as armortec800's case, bbeshop is an authorized dealer of yonex.