User Tag List

Page 4 of 11 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 LastLast
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

oh they hv a neat looking 3d animation of the facility, go check it out on the 'facilities' section!!!

Mentioned
    54 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by monto
    Just checked out the facilities myself. The building looks really professional, adjacent to Costco and next door to a Fremont Pediatric Medical Facility. The only slight inconvenience in terms of driving was the absence of a driveway when exiting the facilities, where you have to make a U-turn to get back onto the road. It reminded me of Bintang in that if you go from eastbound on 237, you also have to make a U-turn to get onto the appropriate road.

I drove around, but didn't bother taking any pictures yet, seeing how construction was still under way. I was hoping to check out the 4 layer specialized flooring, but found concrete and construction material instead (along with a portable basketball hoop--for the laborers? ).

Can't wait for the grand opening
    i was in that area today. so i drove by to take a look at the building. yes. what an awesome location. all they need is to put up a big banner at the side of the building and loads and loads of shopper at Lowes, etc, will be able to see it. i didn't go inside but i did see a few cars parked at the entrance, must be the owners there getting ready for the grand opening in less than 3 weeks.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Just checked out the 3D animation, it looks like there will be 2 courts that has a pole right behind it just like Bintang.

I hope that doesn't create too many problem while playing.

My work place is 5min drive from it, if the flooring is good there, I will able to go play there everyday during lunch time. That'll be crazy. I hope there will be some material under the floor mat to have enough cushion for hard training and playing.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default Good news

Greetings!

I am from Manila Philippines and we will be moving soon to Union City California...well we love playing badminton with my husband and as early as now am trying to look for a place thats near in our house.

am happy to know that there is one in Fremont.

looking forward to see the place

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default Can't wait

sounds great. Everyone in the bay area is looking for a nice soft floor to play high level badminton on. the floor is what will attract players most!

jim

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default Grand Opening Day Postponed!

We regret to inform all BFers and badminton fans that our gym would not be ready for operation due to circumstances beyond our control. We will keep everyone posted on the opening day but will continue to send out free guest passes/invitations to a handful of BFers between now and the opening day to test out the facility. We hope you understand and we will do our best to keep things working soon.

Sincerely,

UBC Fremont

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I think I should move back to the Bay Area

I miss the weather, 3 days @ Thomas Hart, that shop on S. Mary Ave..... and now this new place.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default wait

Quote Originally Posted by ubcfremont
    We regret to inform all BFers and badminton fans that our gym would not be ready for operation due to circumstances beyond our control. We will keep everyone posted on the opening day but will continue to send out free guest passes/invitations to a handful of BFers between now and the opening day to test out the facility. We hope you understand and we will do our best to keep things working soon.

Sincerely,

UBC Fremont
    its well worth the wait for things to be done right. I've seen many baddie clubs rush floors and sacrafice the cushion. I think we all rather wait a couple weeks rather than playing on another hard warehouse floor with some mats and some non-functional cushion. I really cant wait for UBC to open up because the "IBF conditions" should prove to be very well cushioned and well lit. Hopefully UBC will be a club set apart from the others.

Keep us updated UBC Fremont!!!!!!

best regards and good luck,
    jim

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default So the floors are the reason iUBC's behind schedule?

Quote Originally Posted by Sixty40
    its well worth the wait for things to be done right. I've seen many baddie clubs rush floors and sacrafice the cushion. I think we all rather wait a couple weeks rather than playing on another hard warehouse floor with some mats and some non-functional cushion. I really cant wait for UBC to open up because the "IBF conditions" should prove to be very well cushioned and well lit. Hopefully UBC will be a club set apart from the others.

Keep us updated UBC Fremont!!!!!!

best regards and good luck,
    jim
    Jim, you sound like an insider!!! How would you know that the "conditions beyond our control" == flooring? And the UBC website only mentions "IBF approved badminton floor mats", not that the entire flooring system is IBF approved, as in the Taraflex or Robbins flooring systems. The floor mats themselves are extremely thin (< 0.3 mm). And no mention of the lighting either on the website. Perhaps those need to be updated on the website, or they are actually not IBF approved? Please clarify, since you seem to know quite a bit. Thank you!

Mentioned
    54 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

i took some pictures of the United Badminton Club today. it is in a really nice location. behind a Costco and a Lowes. though there are some trees in between them.

the gym was closed with a sign in front saying that the gym isn't open today. but i did see a couple of cars right in front. probably the owners working hard on it, or they are just enjoying badminton...

enjoy.
    Attached Images Attached Images    

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by lilkaryee
    Jim, you sound like an insider!!! How would you know that the "conditions beyond our control" == flooring? And the UBC website only mentions "IBF approved badminton floor mats", not that the entire flooring system is IBF approved, as in the Taraflex or Robbins flooring systems. The floor mats themselves are extremely thin (< 0.3 mm). And no mention of the lighting either on the website. Perhaps those need to be updated on the website, or they are actually not IBF approved? Please clarify, since you seem to know quite a bit. Thank you!
    lilkar,
    I do not know if the floors are what is holding them up...let me clarify I was simply saying that I have seen other clubs cut corners and rush on floors. Hopefully that isnt the case with U.B.C. but i get my "insider " info from the first post on this thread. Hopefully we will all be saying goodbye to bad knee injuries as posted on the list.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default That Place Is Huge

Quote Originally Posted by Sixty40
    lilkar,
    I do not know if the floors are what is holding them up...let me clarify I was simply saying that I have seen other clubs cut corners and rush on floors. Hopefully that isnt the case with U.B.C. but i get my "insider " info from the first post on this thread. Hopefully we will all be saying goodbye to bad knee injuries as posted on the list.
    WOW that place looks !!!!HUGE !!!! i wish they would update the site more often as well......must be busy with all the run-around?
    well the outside looks great. i will definatley have to play and check it out, But Jim- does that mean u wont be around Bret Harte as much?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

KaaKaaKaaa~~
    I just look at the website and I cant believe my old classmate and teammate in high school become a coach there
    Its a nice gym but too bad I dont live in the bay area anymore
    or else I will sure go and play

PS.: Bao - if you read this, this is DOUGLAS from High School

Mentioned
    54 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

ah.. cool, so they have the coaching staff:

HEAD COACH: KEVIN ZENG
    COACH: BAO NGUYEN
    PROGRAM DIRECTOR: ABI BAUTISTA

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Question Eeeeeeeeee?

Quote Originally Posted by kwun
    ah.. cool, so they have the coaching staff:

HEAD COACH: KEVIN ZENG
    COACH: BAO NGUYEN
    PROGRAM DIRECTOR: ABI BAUTISTA

Is Kevin moving from S.J State to UBC???

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Cool So .... when?

So any idea when the gym will be ready? Man, takes forever from the outsider point of view :
    Han

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by MidBadder
    Is Kevin moving from S.J State to UBC???
    wah????? i currently train with kevin....i didn't here anything about him moving...wtf?

Page 4 of 11 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 LastLast