Where's Bao Chun Lai??

Discussion in 'China Professional Players' started by labyrinthian, Oct 5, 2004.

1. labyrinthian

labyrinthian Regular Member

Hi,

Does anyone know why Bao is not playing in the Denmark Open?? Apparently, he is not playing in the Singapore Open too cos I cant find his name under the MS listing... Sighz.. Is he injured or something?? There goes my hope of seeing him in person!!:crying: :crying: :crying:

2. economet

economet Regular Member

They just finished Chinese Championships in both individual and team competition last week. Lin Dan beat Bao Chunlai in tough three sets in finals of individual competition. This tournament was the most important one after Olympics. Both of them never won the national championship, last year's champion was Chen Yu. So Lin Dan was eager to win the title and succeeded.

After that there is a break till the World Grand Prix tournaments return to Asia.

3. labyrinthian

Thanks for the info.. Yupz I knew that they competed in the Chinese Championships but was just shocked that Lin Dan joined most of the other tournaments whereas Bao is nowhere to be seen.. Looks like Lin Dan is picking up his momentum again, hope he wins the Singapore Open!! as for Bao, I hope he can win the World Championships!!

4. IkEa_GawKie

IkEa_GawKie Regular Member

student and an amateur player of badminton
    i dunno whether you know this or not. but, i just find out that Bao Chun Lai no longer at number third world ranking.He's at number fifth. Sony Dwi Kuncoro Knocked Him Down...

5. labyrinthian

Hi, thanks for ur info.. the last time I saw the rankings Bao Chun lai was at 4th place, and now he's down by one... Haiz, cannot be helped, cos he is really missing out on so many tournaments, I hope he can perform really well in the China Open next month. :) But anyway, Xia Xuanze came all the way from outside top 10 back to the 4th place!!! 3 cheers for Xuanze!!! I hope he can escalate after gaining more points from German Open!! Yeah!!

And I saw sth just now.. Mia Audina is the top seed as of today!! and Gong Ruina fell to the 3rd place.. I had a bit of shock there..

#5 labyrinthian, Oct 16, 2004
    Last edited: Oct 16, 2004
  6. badminfreak

badminfreak Regular Member

I wish I still lived in China... I live in UK
    so do you know how many tournaments Bao chunlai wont be in? and thanx for the info