STRINGS: a factor in my mp 99?

Discussion in 'Badminton String' started by New_Guy04, Oct 7, 2004.

1. New_Guy04

New_Guy04 Regular Member

hi

i borrowed a 2u g4 mp 99 everytime my friend came to a drop in... i loved it, not only good control, but it had SOOOOOOOOO much power... even more so than my 4ug4 AT 500 (bg 65)

i received a 3ug5 mp 99 a few weeks ago.... i thought i was too much of a hard hitter to use bg 80 or 85 or etc. and i didn't like the bg 65, for it loosened its tension too much. that's why i had a strange urge of using the PRO strings that was known to decrease ur power... such as bg 65ti or bg 70 Pro

i strung my mp 99 with bg 65ti... and at first, i liked it... good control, and i was able to generate descent power.... but now.... as the strings loosened... it;'s USELESS!!!! much less power than my friend's mp99.... and this is my question

i'm certainly sure my mp 99 is genuine... so is it the STRINGS that took away my power.... or is it cuz i switched to 3u??? now, i use my at 500 since it has more power... sigh... i hope my bg 65ti breaks soon...

2. Feng_MP-100

Feng_MP-100 Regular Member

Student
    It's probably because of the string. Just cut it!

3. New_Guy04

New_Guy04 Regular Member

remember the "My TI 10 looks so FAAAAAAATT" thread?

from that influence, i cut my original mp 99 strings (not the factory ones, but the one that came with the racket", so that i could protect my mp 99 from gettting fat... if i cut another string, i simply can't afford it!!!:D

ironic, since ur the one who started that thread, no hard feelings tho, no worries.:)

4. Feng_MP-100

Student
    :D lmao... I remember... >_<"

I cut my Ti-10 string too... lol... I know that stringing is very expensive in Canada and USA...:crying:

5. Feng_MP-100

Student
    Do you remember what string was on your friend's mp99??? Use the string he uses and string your mp99 1~2 lbs higher than what you usually use.

6. New_Guy04

New_Guy04 Regular Member

he used bg 65... ironic, the string that I was looking forward to use after.

my english teacher will be SO proud of me for using the word "IRONIC" so much:D

7. New_Guy04

New_Guy04 Regular Member

no kidding!! it's 25 $ canadian for me! :(

AND 35$ for the titanium strings!!!:eek:

8. charzord

charzord Regular Member

Student
    $25 for bg 65 strings?..........wow thats mad crazy. Here in T.O., its 17 dollars for bg 65 and the job. :D

9. Saiful

Saiful Regular Member

Travel Agency Manager
    So expensive. In KL (Kuala Lumpur) we only pay MYR 22.00 (USD 5.7) for BG 65 and some places we can get BG 85 at the same price and BG 68Ti for MYR 25.00 (USD 3.8)

10. New_Guy04

New_Guy04 Regular Member

nah, strings cost (Bg 65 for example ) cost 10 dollars... but the string job costs also....:crying:

11. Homer88

Homer88 Regular Member

I just got BG70s for my MP99... right now I don't really like them at all. The BG68ti felt a lot better and the hitting sound was much better than the BG70s. I won't be able to change back since these things never break unless I cut them. My friend loved the BG70s on his MP77, so its user preference I guess :)

#11 Homer88, Oct 9, 2004
    Last edited: Oct 9, 2004
  12. bluejeff

bluejeff Regular Member

Developer
    wow, that's a little pricy. You can get that done with labor fee included in Taiwan for $10.

13. fishmilk

fishmilk Regular Member

Student
    new guy, i was just wondering what string you use for ur AT500? i totally agree that 65 Ti is great at first, but it's so horrible when it loosens...and don't count on it to break, it DOESN"T! after 4 months of playing 6 hours a week, I finally cut it and switched to BG88Ti... also...I am using a 3U AT500, and when i used my friend's 3U MP99, i didn't find it spectacular, other than the fact he had BG68Ti when i used to use BG65Ti... I think you should cut your strings on the MP99...

14. fishmilk

fishmilk Regular Member

Student
    some reason though... i loved my friend's AT700 with BG70 Pro... I still regret every night not getting the AT700.... the extra 40? was sooo not worth me suffering.. (i hate my AT500)

15. New_Guy04

New_Guy04 Regular Member

lol fishmilk, respecting the early threads and posts from you, i find u VERY similar to me

-at 500 user

-Both have similar questions

-AND NOW THE BG 65 TI CRISIS!!!

maybe we were like some DESTINED bros... like that episode in FRIENDS wehre JOEY finds his destined brother that has the EXACT same hands as he do. Maybe were destined to play with each other in doubles and conquer the world:D .

rofl, don't tell me u ALSO like FRIENDS too.:D

16. ants

ants Regular Member

Entrepreneur , Modern Nomad
    Well if you are willing to try other strings than yonex strings.. i strongly suggest you to try GOSEN PRO66. its a .66mm strings.. you will definately like it with your AT700. Tension last much longer than other yonex strings.. and also very durable depending what tension u use. besides that.. the strings is cheap. I tensioned mine AT700 with this string at around 28lbs.

17. Alexch

Alexch Regular Member

In JB, I CAN GET BG66 FOR RM20.OO ONLY. CHEAPER THAN KL. SOMEMORE THE
    STRINGING IS WELL DONE, GREAT POWER AND NICE HITTING SOUND.