teammates who is left and right handed

Discussion in 'Techniques / Training' started by garyvic, Oct 8, 2004.

1. garyvic

garyvic Regular Member

to all maestro,

we have a tournament next month, and twice a week, were practicing. My partner is left handed and im right handed. we have problems in positioning when in court.
    when he is in the left side of the court, our center court is weak coz if the ball drops in the center, both of us will hit it with a backhand swing, and it confused us who will shot the ball.
    and when my left handed partner is in the right side of court, confused us who will hit the ball when it is in the center courts. not to mention an accidentel hit of our racquets

#1 garyvic, Oct 8, 2004
    Last edited: Oct 8, 2004
  2. Break-My-String

Break-My-String Regular Member

Until you can read your partner's mind and can predict with 80% accuracy the shot he will make, communicate as often as possible! Not just saying mine but also yours! Additionally, try to say it early rather than later during the return flight of the shuttle.

Example..
    -Player-A is a little bit tired during the one rally due to the frequency of smashes (but of course his partner is not aware of this)
    -a shuttle is returned where both players can take the shot offensively and on their forehands
    -Player-A should call yours as soon as he knows that it was a lift to the middle

Cheers!

3. garyvic

garyvic Regular Member

we just practice today and on sat. is our tournament. communication. we just try it. but it failed. we're aggressive player. maybe the chemistry.

4. Dr. B. HoneyDew

Dr. B. HoneyDew New Member

something to try.

If you two have played much together, you would have adopted a natural method of avoiding such confusion with racquet hitting shots (shots down the center of the court.) It would be less difficult, in a hurry, to adopt a position where the raquet hand is always ready to handle the empty half-court, to the side. So position yourselves diagonally so that your racquet hand is always on the inside of the court. That makes for less confusion. This method will keep your racquets from being dented, and losing paint! Also, this method does not need to be very vocal, after the pattern is established. Good luck.

In hitting racquets, and being confused with calling shots,... This is common even among better players. After all, it is your opponent's goal to confuse opponents, and to take advantage of the weaknesses. !!! :p

5. Dr. B. HoneyDew

Dr. B. HoneyDew New Member