Fake Yonex Armortec 800 racket??..

Discussion in 'Identify Fake Racket (Price/Source/Serial/Photos a' started by ctjcad, Oct 13, 2004.

1. ctjcad

ctjcad Regular Member

Hello all,
    i'm not sure if anyone here has encounter this or not(hopefully not), but I found a player who owns a Yonex Armortec 800, but with a much different color and overall length.
    Description:
    Color is not yellowish, but grayish/green. It has all the manufacturer's numbers, both on the handle and near the handle. Has a word SP printed near the top of the handle. The serial number on the top of the handle has a CH at the end of it(which means it was from China). I looked at the bottom of the handle and it has a regular Yonex/Japan cap. Near the head it says Made in Japan.
    Is this another version of the Yonex Armortec 800??Or there is only one version of Armortec 800 with a yellowish color.

Anyone seen this racket before and can confirm if this is another version of AT800 or another fake racket. Thx again:).

2. bluejeff

bluejeff Regular Member

Developer
    That sounds like a counterfeit/fake racket to me because "CH" and "SP" are not together in any way.

PS: AT800 has two versions, OF(orange color) and DE(green color)

3. ctjcad

ctjcad Regular Member

bj,
    the word "SP" is not printed at the end of a number. Just the word "CH"(which means China) is there, printed regularly at the end of the serial no.
    The word "SP" is located on the long skinny part, near the top of the handle. It has a different font type, bolder and italicized.
    By the looks of it, it looks "genuine", checked the bottom green cap and it looks regular.
    Just the color of the racket is totally off and the length is about 1-2 cm shorter.

If i get a chance, I'll take pics of it to show-

4. jez7375

jez7375 Regular Member

is there serial numbers on the bottom of the cap?

5. ctjcad

ctjcad Regular Member

no, there are no serial no.s at the bottom of the cap(if you meant the green plastic cap at the end of handle)..but both serial no.s are there, one near the top of the handle with the words "CH" and the other on the long skinny part..

6. kwun

kwun Administrator

BC Janitor
    you must post pictures. it is very hard to make much conclusion without pictures.

7. bluejeff

bluejeff Regular Member

Developer
    I know what you saying.

I said "CH" and "SP" are not together in any way, meaning that:
    If CH is on the shaft, then SP should not be on the cone.
    If SP is on the shaft, then CH should not be on the cone.
    As CH and SP are two different distribution.

1-2cm shorter is totally impossible for genuine rackets; It must be a fake.

8. LazyBuddy

LazyBuddy Regular Member

Engineer
    Ask him how much he paid for it. If he bought it as new, but spend no more than US$50 or from one of the famous ebay fake seller, no need to guess, FAKE. :p

9. Epsilon

Epsilon New Member

Armortec 800

Guys,

I was checking Ebay and there is a chap who is selling these rackets for RBM 399. I did quiz him and he did say they were made in South China and not authorised through Yonex.

Here is a link to the auction -

Armortec 800 link on Ebay

[​IMG]

Let me know what u think?

Ash D

10. LazyBuddy

LazyBuddy Regular Member

Engineer
    RMB 399 is about US$45-50. Therefore, no need for further investigation, FAKE! :cool:

And in his ebay description, he did say "You are bidding on Brand New Yonex Armortec 800(offensive) unstrung badminton racket. 100% Authentic and excellent quality!! " But in his email, he said, "not autherized..." so, needless to say anything now.

Wondering if anyone ever report this seller or not... :rolleyes:

Also, read the recent feedback. Seems a buyer got screwed up by him 6 times! :eek:

#10 LazyBuddy, Oct 14, 2004
    Last edited: Oct 14, 2004
  11. bluejeff

bluejeff Regular Member

Developer
    You can't report that seller because he is based in China, and he is the head of the fake racket sellers. This dude holds more than 100 fake item auctions in eBay China, and he has already established his fake brand. It's hard to beat this guy down unless Yonex, Inc steps in, which is not going to happen anytime soon.

12. LazyBuddy

LazyBuddy Regular Member

Engineer
    Wondering why Yonex China not steps in this case. I am sure this guy and his fellowers could rob tons of yonex's business and ruin their reputation easily. :confused:

13. bluejeff

bluejeff Regular Member

Developer
    Well, China is the country that doesn't care about the copyright, from stats, more than 95% of computer users are using copied MS Windows there, this number includes companies as well.

Plus, it's kind of hard to track a guy down in China, considering its population....1,400,000,000+ people are in that land.....

More over, people in mainland China still have that "Japanese is evil" attitude from WWII going on. They thought the best way to support China is to buy China made Yonex rackets (which is what they refer as "JYY", in chinese is "Ja YY", which means fake YY rackets). It's kind of hard to beat down fake rackets like that, especially people are supporting it like crazy. From several very popular badminton forums and sites in China, more than 60% of users there buy Fake Yonex rackets, and we all know the real numbers would be acutally going to be a lot more than just 60%. :rolleyes:

14. ctjcad

ctjcad Regular Member

Here are the pics of the Yonex AT 800 as promised..

hello again folks,

finally, i have the pics of the Yonex AT800 i mentioned the other day. So bluejeff, kwun and others interested, see if this is fake or not(I think most if not all of you will think it's fake). Anyway, I don't really know, but I'm starting to think also that it's fake. BTW, the person bought the racket in Indonesia. Thx-:).

Attached Files:

15. Woven

Woven Regular Member

beggar
    Thats gotta be one of the worst fake ever. the colour scheme is all wrong, SP printed on the shaft but it has CH serial number. If that doesnt convince u, maybe the sticker under the PBSI sign will coz armortec nvr comes in 2U and the max tension should be 25

16. bluejeff

bluejeff Regular Member

Developer
    I agree, this is the worst fake racket I have ever seen. Everything is wrong.
    You can get this kind of fake in Asia for like 10USD.

17. jamesshieh88

jamesshieh88 Regular Member

Student
    thats a horrible fake. first of all the serial number is wrong. its 230309CH and from kwun's article, you can conclude that if this was a real Yonex then it would've been made on March, 23 2000. the button is blurry around the logo. i dont even know if yonex has a color scheme like that on any racket. and the sticker on the cap looks to be 2 stickers instead of one.

18. bluejeff

bluejeff Regular Member

Developer
    Interesting thing about fake rackets is that, you can actually order any color of AT800 you want (as described on some fake rackets seller's website). :D

So far, there are green, yellow,pink,red, blue, black, and purple. Isn't that nice? ;)

19. cooler

cooler Regular Member

Surfing, reading fan mails:D, Dilithium Crystal hu
    words got out that fake business is so good even moms and pops are jumping into it.

20. bluejeff

bluejeff Regular Member

Developer
    Yeah, especially no tax required!! :cool: