Manila - Court Zone Badminton

Discussion in 'Philippines' started by sonny, Oct 14, 2004.

1. sonny

sonny New Member

here's a new court right in the manila district. Court Zone Badminton... located at 1142 president quirino ave. extension, paco manila. they have 10 wooden sprung badminton courts and two more which are matted on wooden floors. :cool:
    built ground up specially for badminton purposes following if not better than ibf standards. ceiling height 14 meters at the apex, one of the best court lighting around (hardly a blind spot, if any). they have a snack bar, clean and spacious restrooms with hot and cold water... most specially they have very friendly staff...;)

#1 sonny, Oct 14, 2004
    Last edited: Oct 14, 2004
  2. Baddict_2006

Baddict_2006 Regular Member

Chef
    badminton at paco

hello i live near paco!does this place still open for business?i rilly would like to check it out!!How much per hour?court?:)

3. sonny

sonny New Member

hello baddict,
    yes Court Zone Badminton is very much open, the fees are php190.00/hr on wood courts and php250.00/hr on mat on wood courts. guest fee is php50.00/non member... for details you can call 3391833 or 5647521.

4. Baddict_2006

Chef
    thanks sonny

Hello po,

thanks for the reply.i really waiting for that info.il call them to know where i can get there easily.i live at onyx st.in herran.God bless!:)

5. cooler

cooler Regular Member

Surfing, reading fan mails:D, Dilithium Crystal hu
    Unveiling an expanded 1,000 sq. m. store, now the biggest sports store in the country and one of the biggest in Asia, Toby's Sports Arena houses some of the most extreme and exciting attractions – the basketball court, the freeform climbing wall, and the first full sized badminton court in any store in the world. Its stadium-styled layout allows all these features to be accommodated in the store.

n excellent feat indeed! However, the driving force behind Toby’s Sports is the desire to promote athletics and fitness as a way of life. The company decided early on that to realize this vision, Toby’s Sports should stand for something beyond merely selling sports equipment.

"The best way to encourage people of all ages and physical condition to take up sports is to start with the young", says Toby Claudio, eldest son of the store’s founder and the company’s operations manger.

TAKING INITIATIVE

Spurred by the idea of making the Philippines a republic of sports and fitness enthusiasts, Toby’s Sports pioneered grassroots sports programs for Filipino children to fulfill their potential in athletics, and possibly, become future champions.

"There is so much to gain from sports. It’s the best way to keep fit and healthy. It teaches fair play, teamwork, discipline, commitment, and focus. Kids realize through sports that they can push themselves to achieve things they never thought they could achieve. All these while having fun at the same time," explains Claudio, an athlete and avid sports enthusiast himself.

With tennis, badminton and volleyball among the sports that the country has not had much international success with in the recent past, the Claudios decided to turn the spotlight on these fields. These are sports that many Filipinos love and play often. "Filipinos have tremendous natural talent, instinct and willpower. What we want is to help them realize their full potential in sports," he says.

Over the years, the tennis badminton, and volleyball tournaments have become a vehicle for over 4,000 hopefuls to realize their potential. The Toby’s Age Group Badminton Championship is now on its fourth year and has attracted more than 2,500 participants since its inception. Open to those 18 years old to as young as eight years old, the tournament is held every last week of October and the first week of November.

On the other hand, the Summer Tennis Festival now on its fifth year is open to those 10-18 years old. Sanctioned by the Philippine Tennis Association (PHILTA), the Summer Tennis Festival has become a launch pad for the likes of Ralph Barte and Kyle Joshua Dandan who are now making waves in the international tennis scene. The program is a project of the Future Tennis Scholarship Foundation, which Toby’s Sports actively supports. Its mission is to hone promising young tennis stars. The Foundation provides financial and academic support to Barte and Dandan.

Lastly, the Juniors Volleyball League started only this year and is also open to students 18 years old and below. Over 200 participants from nine schools in Metro Manila have signed on to vie for the grand prize. Toby’s Sports plans to hold the tournament every quarter.

PICKING UP THE PACE FORWARD

"Our mission is to introduce more people to sports, give them access to the best facilities and equipment, and expose them early to competitions," explains Claudio.

He adds that the key to producing exceptional Filipino athletes will be to get the private sector and national sports bodies to work hand-in-hand to provide the necessary means for promising athletes to hone their skills.

Despite the lack of funds, the government has a role to play by supporting sports officials who can give priority to the interests of the country and its athletes. They need to create a structure that will make private companies want to contribute financially for sports development because these funds will be appropriated to the most deserving athletes and sports programs," says Claudio.

More than pushing the kids to excel in sports and possibly bring international glory to the country, however, Toby’s Sports wants the kids to simply engage in a good play and enjoy it.

"More than honing these kids to become great athletes, what’s more priceless is seeing a smile light up the faces of winning kids when their names are called on stage. It gives them the kind of recognition they truly deserve," Claudio shares.

6. Baddict_2006

Chef
    tobys

Hi cooler,

how did you get this stuff?in the newspaper?indeed tobys is the biggest sport store here in phil.they have a complete line of sports gear(u name it they have it,except for winter gear hehe)i bought my racquet in one of their branches here.:cool:

7. headuser

headuser New Member

Sales Associates
    hi,

i think this one is nearest to my place.

im from binondo.

i need playmate.

only on sat and sun is my free.

due to my work mon-fri

thanks.

hope someone i can play with

:)

8. bambini

bambini Regular Member

bldg administrator
    headuser, i play at court zone every sat 5pm onwards play all you can. kaso nga lang i'm out of the country. pagbalik ko nalang sali ka sa group ko.

9. Baddict_2006

Chef
    i know headuser i alrady played with him in powerplay.me too im interested to join ur group po.im only at onyx st.:)

10. bambini

bambini Regular Member

bldg administrator
    alright laro tayo pagbalik ko next month.

11. Baddict_2006

Chef
    hey bambini nakabalik ka na ba?hehehe..

12. princess00

princess00 Regular Member

College Student
    fee on saturdays

how much is the fee during saturdays?

13. Pulish

Pulish Regular Member

Theocrat
    Is this the one behind the Goodyear Servitek and in front of the Philippine Department of Agriculture?
    A friend Ricky brought me there once and indeed it is a very good place.

14. super daloydoy

super daloydoy Regular Member

nasa loob
    can i join you if you wanna play in that place?

15. makapili

makapili Regular Member

Police
    Any Queu Tips in Badminton whether they have one? Kindly say the time, price and Queu master? Thanks :D

16. super daloydoy

nasa loob
    saturday po, at battledore, 6pm onwards smazzville group 100 court fee
    monday rin po at battledore, 6pm onwards smash phils. group 100 court fee

17. princess00

College Student
    yes, do you know how much is the fee on saturdays?

18. super daloydoy

nasa loob
    HTH..

COURT ZONE
    1142 Pres. Quirino Ave. Ext. Paco Manila
    12 wood courts

19. princess00

College Student
    thanks. it's still P100 play all u can, minimum of four persons per group

20. super daloydoy

nasa loob
    what if, only the two of you will play? do you still have to shoulder the remaining payments? tara lets play..