Results 137 to 151 of 151
Thread: Best Jump Smash
01-11-2008, 12:44 PM #137
1 Markis Kido
2 Fu Hai Feng
3 Jung Jae Sung
4 Tan Boon Heong
5 Zhang Jun
01-11-2008, 01:29 PM #138
I am with you where Halim Haryanto is one of the best jump smashes... In fact, for me his smashes looks even more scary than fu's as it has speed, power and angled shot and a whole lot of wrist action! but I wonder how not many notice him....
if you guys need evidence, check out mens doubles final world championships 2001 where tony & halim whipped Kim dong moon and ha tae kwon 15-0, in the first set. And at the time, many people were talking about Kim dong moon as the best badminton player ever...
Last edited by JasonMichael; 01-11-2008 at 01:32 PM.
01-11-2008, 01:48 PM #139
i vote for arbi H, LCW and LinDan.
01-11-2008, 06:04 PM #140
01-11-2008, 07:07 PM #141
I don't hear much about tennis fans complain about Andy Roddick relies heavily on his power(serve, and forehand), but I hear about badminton fans complain about Fu HaiFeng relies heavily on his powerful smashes...
Best smashes IMO, in order:
1. Fu HaiFeng
2. Lin Dan
3. Tan Boon Heong
4. Bao ChunLai(he smashes in an unique way, that deliver so much angle... just not enough power)
5. Yoo Yong Sung(for the smash he did at the Olympic 2000 MD final where he hit his partner Lee Dong Soo right at the back of his head!!! TOO GOOD!!!) http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eiHlaP-Bb70
It happened at 0:50 of the clip
Last edited by bananakid; 01-11-2008 at 07:14 PM.
01-28-2008, 10:47 PM #142
The King of Jumping smash - CHEAH SOON KIT.
01-29-2008, 12:01 AM #143
01-29-2008, 12:27 AM #144
Candra Wijaya/Tony Gunawan in year 2000 era......
01-31-2008, 03:07 AM #145
best jump smash
1. Lin Dan
3. Kenneth Jonassen
4. Lee Chong Wei
5. Simon Santoso
1. Fu Haifeng
2. Markis Kido
3. Tan Boon Heong
4. Zheng Bo
5. Lee Wan Wah
01-31-2008, 05:22 AM #146
I tot i rarely see Kenneth jonassen doing jump smesh???
01-31-2008, 10:27 AM #147
Has anybody mentioned Halim Haryianto?
Oh yeah, I did...
01-31-2008, 11:24 AM #148
I think Chen Yu has a very good jump smash but he also has major fitness problems.
I would rank LCW higher aswell has his jump smash seems really potent these days.
01-31-2008, 11:46 AM #149
1. Haifeng Fu
2. Tan Boon Heong
3. Lin Dan
4. Peter Gade
01-31-2008, 02:47 PM #150
1) Lin dan ;serious air and style, except for his mouth which goes weird on him
2) Lee Hyun Il: Maybe I'm just biased about his sick crosscourt smashes that look so easy with insane slice. Doesnt' jump smash too much though
3) LCW: When he goes for the big smash, it's dangerous, powerful, and his height in the air is just
4) Taufik Hidayat: Can anybody say jumping backhand smash? His forehand is ridiculously powerful too.
5) Tan Boon Heong: He looks like an elastic; jumping up loose and snapping together to whip that bird down hard.
6) Sigit: if you jump in the air and look like you're flying 4 feet over the ground, you know you've got serious style
7) Tony Gunawan: He looks so relaxed totally owning people with his jumpsmash while HH looks like he's trying to use his whole body to do the same thing.
8) Fu Haifeng: The most powerful smash. Ever.
01-31-2008, 08:52 PM #151
Agreed that Chen Yu's jump smash is awesome as well...forgot to mentioned him.
Honorable list = Bao Chun Lai...unbelievably steep placement in his smash-as steep as drop shot.
By staiger in forum Techniques / TrainingReplies: 13: 06-23-2011, 06:37 AM
By Hakular in forum Techniques / TrainingReplies: 19: 01-16-2010, 12:42 AM
By flyingfox in forum Techniques / TrainingReplies: 15: 03-18-2008, 10:43 PM
By masson in forum Techniques / TrainingReplies: 20: 11-30-2007, 11:22 PM
By molid in forum Techniques / TrainingReplies: 15: 05-19-2005, 11:25 PM