Fu/Cai off top 5

Discussion in 'China Professional Players' started by fishmilk, Oct 16, 2004.

1. fishmilk

fishmilk Regular Member

Student
    There is now officially no chinese shuttlers on the top 5 rankings...what a sad day for chinese fans. Hope this will make them pick up their act and train extra hard for the next big tourney.

2. IkEa_GawKie

IkEa_GawKie Regular Member

student and an amateur player of badminton
    really?? so, the chinese player for double male players are actually gone?
    how 'bout Indonesian Double male player?

3. Woven

Woven Regular Member

beggar
    luluk/alven is 2nd now :D :D :D :D . although i cant understand how the IBF ranking system works. Mia audina is actually world no. 1 ATM:confused: :confused: :confused:

4. seven

seven New Member

Computing Engineer
    You should search other threads about this, or read the official rule on http://www.worldbadminton.net ...

One simple thing you have to know : the ranking takes into account the ten best results within the last twelve months.
    This is why players who have competed in less than ten IBF events in the last twelve months have a bad ranking.

5. mikki

mikki Regular Member

Chinese Double

Maybe you'll have to wait until they join the competition again. because during denmark n german open, i didn't see any chinese MD. That's why they off from top 5 ranking.;) :rolleyes:

6. LazyBuddy

LazyBuddy Regular Member

Engineer
    I agree. A good example is Kim/Ra is no longer #1 in MXD, as we discussed in another thread.

Of course, i am not saying Fu/Cai is as dominating as Kim/Ra, but just say, ranking point is just a reference for drawing in a upcoming tourny. Usually, higher ranking will result into easier early round matches, but not necessary. Once on the big stage, any ranking points are pointless, and only the rackets will do the talk. :p

7. fishmilk

fishmilk Regular Member

Student
    or rather the players swinging the racquets?

8. chika

chika Regular Member

student
    hiks hiks..

:crying: hu hu hu hu...... where are they..............?????? will they join the next competition?? china open?? indonesia open???

9. ants

ants Regular Member

Entrepreneur , Modern Nomad
    It wont be for long.. they will surely make it back into top 5.

10. laughable c.

laughable c. Regular Member

to burn a hole(s) in my seat - more difficult than
    well, i don't know about that really.... i think they (Fu/CAI) have performed way below par lately. but let's not get our hopes down, shall we?;)

11. gossip_lover

gossip_lover Regular Member

i just check the work rankings and i simply can believe that fu and cai are off top five...mia is place first...and kim/ra is like fourth....im not really up to date with badminton recently coz ive been sooo busy...but whats happening?!

12. fishmilk

fishmilk Regular Member

Student
    yeah i suppose fu/cai really aren't performing that well lately...but the whole china team seems...maybe they're reorganizing or something...i'm just thinking about bao chunlai and the top 3 girls disapearing... and xie xingfang is winning all the tourneys...something seems wrong... and its a shame because i have seen some matches with fu/cai at their best...i was particularly impressed with their performance in a match against kim dong moon and lee dong soo... yes i got the koreans right, at the time HTK was injured so KDM partnered with LDS...Fu HF really impressed me that match, so many amazing overhead smashes...

and oh yeah...mia is ranked 1st cuz the chinese ladies have some matches expired, so they only have 8 or 9 matches while mia has 10...i thik thats the reason she's 1st...

13. gossip_lover

gossip_lover Regular Member

oh i see...i understand what ur saying for the girls singles...i was just wondering tho.....the match ur talkin bout...with fu/cai.. and kim/lee...which tournament was that?

14. fishmilk

fishmilk Regular Member

Student
    btw this is also the reason why kim/ra are 4th... the match is 2004 TC Semifinal

15. jamesd20

jamesd20 Moderator

Construction
    I wouldnt say the China team are underperforming. since the olympics they have had both MS finalists, won both WD titles, and the WS too. They won 1 MXD final and 2nd place in the other.

they cant do much better than that, what do want them to win ...everything?, and have all their players in the QF?

I suspect the reason why CHN MD arent playing are because Tang Xian Hu (their old coach) has retired, so they will be readjusting to the new style and ideas of the new coach. They wouldnt want to enter a tournament in the transition period, as if they are not used to the new style yet they may underperform, lose confidence in themselves and the coach. If they wait until they are fully prepared they will be confident in both themselves and their coach and be in the right frame of mind for winning.

I Expect Sang Yang and Zheng Bo to become better than Cai/Fu, they are thinking players, with winning credentials.

16. fishmilk

fishmilk Regular Member

Student
    Well I'm not saying they're underperforming...I just thought something must be happening because the top 3 girls and mens doubles players aren't playing...and they have every reason to...if the mens win a tournament it owuld bring them right back into the top 5, and the girls could get back to their top 3 again also... Cai/Fu are still young, keep in mind...and Fu HF really impresses me with his smashing and agressiveness

17. laughable c.

laughable c. Regular Member

to burn a hole(s) in my seat - more difficult than
    i would imagine the girls didn't join the recent opens because they wanted to give the youngsters a chance to perform, or for exposure, perhaps? it's a good thing i'm sure... for a while there, i was worried they might not have youngsters to take over the responsibilities!

as for why the mens doubles players were missing from those tournaments... i think there must be something going on here... i truly believe fu/cai are losing their form, so it's good (in a way) that they decide to stay at home and polish their playing skills. there's quite some polishing to do, imustsay!

fu haifeng is the more agressive of the two. but not aggressive enough. i wonder why the two of them rarely do the attacking bit, instead always give away the opportunities to the opponent. this is Very conspicuous esp when they play against lars/paaske.

IMO, sangyang/zhengbo are fairly good, though i never thought of them as 'thinking players'

18. jamesd20

jamesd20 Moderator

Construction
    They have no reason too! You dont get any prizes for being in the top 5, and the ladies dont need to worry about seedings in tournaments as they are so far away from each other.