Choong Tan Fook and His New Partner

Discussion in 'Malaysia Professional Players' started by FEND., Oct 18, 2004.

1. FEND.

FEND. Regular Member

Full Time Badmintoncentral.com/forums camper. Part
    http://www.thestar.com.my/news/story.asp?file=/2004/10/19/sports/9165938&sec=sports
    News: Junior partner for Tan Fook.

PETALING JAYA: Veteran doubles shuttler Choong Tan Fook is set to get a junior player as his new partner.

Doubles chief coach Yap Kim Hock held a meeting with his assistants, Tan Kim Her and Pang Cheh Chang, and the Badminton Association of Malaysia (BAM) secretary, P. Ganga Rao, to discuss the matter of a new partner for Tan Fook following a serious knee injury to Lee Wan Wah.

He said that a decision had been made but he will only name the new partner for Tan Fook after the endorsement by the coaching and training committee.

“I am more inclined to go for a long-term plan. It is better to give Tan Fook a junior partner for competition, beginning with the China Open (Nov 9-14). We will bring this matter up to the coaching and training committee on Friday before naming his new partner,†said Kim Hock.

In training yesterday at the Juara Stadium in Bukit Kiara, Tan Fook was seen training with junior Tan Zhao Rong in the two-hour morning session.

The other junior doubles shuttlers include Ong Soon Hock, Tan Bin Shen, Ong Soon Chiang, Jack Koh and Mohd Zakry Abdul Latif.

2. Fook90

Fook90 Regular Member

Student
    What a pity !!! Now Malaysia have got to depend on Chong Ming and Kien Keat. I really wonder whether they will make it big or not.

3. Neil Nicholls

Neil Nicholls Regular Member

whatever happened to Chew Choon Eng and Chan Chong Ming?
    I seem to remember Chan Chon Ming being injured, but what about Chew?

4. Fook90

Fook90 Regular Member

Student
    Chan and Chew was seperated after the Olympics. Now, Chong Ming partners Malaysian youngster, Koo Kien Keat. While Chong Eng partners Gan Taik Chai.

Chan and Koo are now Malaysia's best. Work Hard !!!

5. mikki

mikki Regular Member

I hope all of them we'll be playing on the Indonesian Open next december. because i really wanna see them all playing.

6. Fook90

Fook90 Regular Member

Student
    Same with me. I hope they would also play here in Singapore. I couldn't imagine them, together with Sigit and Candra, playing in the qualifying round.

7. FEND.

FEND. Regular Member

Full Time Badmintoncentral.com/forums camper. Part
    They've both been split up. Chew Choong Eng is with Gan Teik Chai while Chan Chong Ming is with Koo Kien Keat aka KKK