Does anyone know Lin Dan's Background Info?

Discussion in 'China Professional Players' started by justin_hkboy, Oct 19, 2004.

1. justin_hkboy

justin_hkboy Regular Member

Student
    Does anyone know Lin Dan's background information? Like Birthday, Birthplace, where he lives, hobbies, interests, when he started competing, national coach, personal best, season best, Olympic Qualification...etc.. I need this for my school Info Tech Project, please reply here if you have these information, or a website's URL with the information, Thank Q Very Much

2. Bresis

Bresis Regular Member

His birthday is 14th Oct 1983, i think
    He's from Fujian province and he is in the army..dat's all i know..can u read chinese?? if u can, i'm sure u can find a lot of info from chinese websites..good luck!

3. bcljoyce

bcljoyce Regular Member

i heard b4 tat he's in the army , but just curious, how can he be an army n a badminton player at the same time? maybe he quit army already? is that possible? :confused:

4. ironchef

ironchef Regular Member

I think its like how there's a US army football team and a US naval football team. So in china they have a Chinese army badminton team and maybe a naval badminton team also??

5. justin_hkboy

justin_hkboy Regular Member

Student
    Yes I can read chinese, so it's ok if it's in chinese, I can read both traditional and simplified, so jus post me the URL here please. THank Q

6. jamesd20

jamesd20 Moderator

Construction
  7. richho

richho Regular Member

CSR

you can also find info from here

www.badmintonline.com

As I know, he was born in Longyan City of Fujian Province.He is the soldier of "81" Army,so he always represents "81" Army in the national sports games. Whenver after he wins the game, he always makes a military salutation to the audience. :)

8. weeyet

weeyet Regular Member

Engineer / Freelance pianist
    Yes, sometimes army or other bodies will have their own players.
    Hafiz and Roslin Hashim are actually police, Royal Police of Malaysia (PDRM - Polis Di-Raja Malaysia). Now they are full time badminton players, but once they retire, they will serve in the police force.. I dunno whether Lin Dan is also in same condition.

They are offered the job after they got into badminton right?? I'm not sure about this..

In the SUKMA(Malaysia National Games), the army and police force will also send their team to compete in a lot of events..

#8 weeyet, Jun 2, 2005
    Last edited: Jun 2, 2005