Yonex Racket Warranty

Discussion in 'Badminton Rackets / Equipment' started by Yipom, Oct 5, 2003.

1. Yipom

Yipom Regular Member

In what condition Will Yonex Replace my racket?

will yonex replace my racket if the frame is broken?
    I've had my Racket for less then 1 year

2. eggroll

eggroll Regular Member

sales
    How did the break occur?

3. ants

ants Regular Member

Entrepreneur , Modern Nomad
    Is your racket strung at their recomended tension?

4. Dill

Dill Regular Member

Lazy git (my coach can verify this)
    I would think the chances are slim!

It would have to have just broken rather than involved in a clash or strung to high and exploded. And the chances of a racket just snapping are quite narrow.

If it is a manufacturing defect ie. weakness in the frame then they will replace it but not if the racket died of un natural causes.

5. ynexfan2003

ynexfan2003 Regular Member

Part time (unpaid) wine tester
    Yonex warranty

Actually...my experience of the Yonex replacement scheme has been quite the opposite. I got a replacement mp77 from Yonex UK within two weeks of sending back a racquet which had clearly been snapped in dubious circumstances (don't ask lest I jeoporadise future replacements, if any). However, the length of time you have had the racquet would definitely affect their willingness to offer you another one. Judging by the fact you have only specified that it's less than a year old, the racquet's probably near the end of the warranty period, which will almost certainly affect their generosity - particularly if they suspect the racquet to have been misused. It may be worth phoning the Yonex customer service line - you can find the contact info. for the different regional offices on their respective websites - to get a clearer idea what your options are (as far as I know, nobody from Yonex posts on BF:rolleyes: ) . At bottom, they might offer you a discount on another racquet at one of their retailers.

This year Yonex and I have had a great relationship: I break the stuff and they replace it. What more can you ask from a company? :D If they didn't, badminton would be a very expensive sport for me.

#5 ynexfan2003, Oct 6, 2003
    Last edited: Oct 6, 2003
  6. Winex West Can

Winex West Can Regular Member

Hi Tech
    Re: Yonex warranty

Eggroll works for Yonex Canada. :D

Yipom, it depends on how the racquet broke. As the warranty is against defects, racquet breakages from racquet clashes, mistrings, abuses, etc. are not covered. So let say you were playing and smashes the birdie and the racquet broke (and that there were no prior abuses, clashes, etc.), your chances of getting a replacement is pretty good but you will have to send the racquet back to Yonex Canada (assuming that it is an official CD version) for them to verify the breakage was due to defects.

7. Ay33

Ay33 Regular Member

Student
    How long are the warrantys? Do you need a receipt from the retailer store that you purchased from?

8. Benasp

Benasp Regular Member

here in canada they replace racket for everything yes yes i said everything. some people in my club have new racket each years, and sometime better racket. last month my friend broke her old iso 96 maybe 4 years old and theiy changer it lol.

9. wukenne

wukenne Regular Member

Warranty

Um...I'm not sure how long ago your fellow club members have had their racquets exchanged due to warranty but I can definitely tell you that they will not warranty everything. I have only been able to get one racquet returned on warranty of out four sent in the past 3 years.

The warranty for the new racquets, I believe, is 6 months. You must have the receipt, and to increase your chances of a replacement, a brief description of how the break/fracture occurred and maybe even leave your contact info so that the warranty person can get in contact with you if need be.

10. Jaywalk

Jaywalk Regular Member

Yonex Racquet Warranty

I have recently read a thread in the forum regarding for exchange a broken At 500 to a new one for free in Yonex Canada since it was under warranty I was just wondering if the warranty also cover on the pain pill off (pain clip), if the racquet is only 1 months old.

11. JChen99

JChen99 Regular Member

Realtor
    paint chips are not covered. As long as it's not as it's not a structural problem (ie fractures/breaking/warping/snapping) on the racket, Yonex is not responsible for it.
    Yonex also does not cover rackets that are broken due to: clashes, breaking during stringing, hitting a foreign object (ie basketball, soccer ball, floor, shoe, someone else's head)

12. Jaywalk

Jaywalk Regular Member

Hei, thanx for the reply, appreicate it!

13. JChen99

JChen99 Regular Member

Realtor
    no problem :)

14. TheGr8One

TheGr8One Regular Member

University Student (CS)
    What are the exact terms of the Yonex warranty? To me it seems non-existent, simply because when you buy the racket, there is no warranty information included. Unlike buying computer hardware...

15. vincenterika

vincenterika Regular Member

Roamer
    In fact Yonex can refuse to exchange even your racket is broken...Just say that your one was caused by human caused reason

16. Kenny

Kenny Regular Member

High School
    Even if it was broken due to clash etc. You could return it couldn't you? Yonex wouldn't know how the racquet was broken would they?

17. vincenterika

vincenterika Regular Member

Roamer
    As I know here, in some countries...
    U must be very lucky to make Yonex replace one for you...
    They can force any responsibility back to customers...

18. cappy75

cappy75 Regular Member

Depot Support Representative
    There's not much room for explanation if the break is from a clash. I am sure those guys at Yonex received lots of requests and broken racquets. I would think that they have seen enough broken racquets to tell the difference between manufacturing defects and human caused breakage. Well, you might have a valid warranty case on your hand if you get a break in the shaft w/o apparent scratches on the frames.

19. Infernal

Infernal Regular Member

Basically..when i bought my racket, the store owner said i had 6 months of warranty. I went to the yonex site and couldn't find any info on warranty so i was wondering if you guys could tell me what the yonex warranty covers

20. TrunkZ69

TrunkZ69 Regular Member

Student
    Yes, even the dealars often times know how the racket broke. The person working at Asby's inspects and ask how the racket broke. I've seen people try to lie to him and say it broke when they hit the bird. He tells them that it looks like they broke it some other way blah blah. It's not extremely difficult to tell the difference, but still hard enough for the average person to not know the difference.