Results 1 to 8 of 8
Thread: Have you tested your smash speed
10-21-2004, 06:40 AM #1
Have you tested your smash speed
this week end during a competition there was a man with a radar to test our speed. www.testyourspeeds.com the both record are done by my girlfriend and another member of my club.
me i did 130 that not my best but i'm still i the average
did someone else know his speed
10-21-2004, 09:01 AM #2
130 what? Miles per hour? Kilometres per hour? Metres per second? Live chickens per initiation ritual?
I'm guessing that it's one of the first two
I also seriously doubt the accuracy of these measurements, if a 17 year-old boy in your competition can achieve a smash that is only 8 mph slower than Simon Archer's world record
Last edited by Gollum; 10-21-2004 at 09:03 AM.
10-21-2004, 10:44 AM #3
Badminton : toutes catégories d'âges
I think they are in mph as some data shown in their website.
The lady smashes are about 20-30 mph slower from their experiments.
They must got a very good radar gun as consumer type guns are accurate to around 110 mph or wouldnt detect light and less reflective object like a shuttle. Maybe they were using plastic shuttles. LOL
Toutes catégories :
G - 1) 154 mph Jean-François Dupuis 16 octobre 2004 (ABC Club Tennis Grand Chelem)
2) 150 mph Jean-François Lapierre (23) 16 octobre 2004 (ABC Club de Tennis Grand Chelem)
3) 146 mph Dany Fortin (36) 15 octobre 2004 (Tournoi ABC Club de Tennis Grand Chelem)
4) 146 mph Dani Beauregard (21) 16 octobre 2004 (Tournoi ABC Club Tennis Grand Chelem)
5) 145 mph Simon Roy-Desrivières (18) 15 octobre 2004 (ABC Club de Tennis Grand Chelem)
F - 1) 127 mph Sania-Maude Chouinard (17) 15 octobre 2004 (ABC Club Tennis Grand Chelem)
2) 124 mph Catherine Bergeron (17) 16 octobre 2004 (Tournoi ABC Club Tennis Grand Chelem)
3) 123 mph Cynthia Davignon (22) 16 octobre 2004 (Club de Tennis Grand Chelem)
4) 121 mph Stéphanie Packenham (13) 16 octobre 2004 (ABC Club de Tennis Grand Chelem)
5) 118 mph Véronique Corbeil (20) 16 octobre 2004 (Tournoi ABC Club Tennis Grand Chelem)
Last edited by cooler; 10-21-2004 at 10:47 AM.
10-21-2004, 04:28 PM #4
I don't really know the accuracy of the radar but it worth 5000 $ us and it's in MPH. yes we used plastic shuttle ( normal speed) no trick. and yes the 154 mph smash was very powerful
10-22-2004, 03:58 PM #5
thisll make me sound ike an idiot, but what is the world record?
10-22-2004, 10:05 PM #6
i know its 162 but i'd like to know what was the condition, certainly with feather. Is there a hudge difference between feather and plastic speed (new bird)
10-23-2004, 01:54 PM #7
Originally Posted by Benasp
10-23-2004, 01:57 PM #8
Originally Posted by goldmedal
By pcll99 in forum Rules / Tournament Regulation / OfficiatingReplies: 7: 10-24-2011, 05:13 PM
By autolink in forum General ForumReplies: 8: 03-13-2010, 11:49 AM
By likeahcild in forum General ForumReplies: 23: 04-25-2007, 03:03 PM
By wing-omega5-0 in forum Techniques / TrainingReplies: 17: 02-09-2005, 12:40 AM
By JChen99 in forum General ForumReplies: 14: 04-18-2003, 01:52 PM