Flandy Limpele and Eng Hian resign

Discussion in 'General Forum' started by ray, Jul 5, 2001.

1. ray

ray Guest

World number six men's doubles pair Flandy Limpele and Eng Hian made a surprise decision to retire from badminton on Wednesday, following their poor performance this year.

2. Byro-Nenium

Byro-Nenium Regular Member

Undergrad
    What? Where did you hear this from?

3. Byro-Nenium

Undergrad
    Article

Heres the article about the Flandi/Eng resignation....... This honestly sucks

Indon pair to quit the game

JAKARTA: The Indonesia's world number six men's doubles pair, Flandy Limpele-Eng Hian, have decided to quit badminton.
    "This is not a sudden decision. We have considered it for a long time," Eng Hian told the Jakarta Post.

"I know we are still in the top 10. But rankings do not guarantee anything. Since the All-England in March, we have both suffered injuries and our performance has been sliding."

He said their defeat in the first round of the World Championships in Seville last month was "most disappointing".

An official of the Indonesian Badminton Association (PBSI), Rini Widyastuti, said that the two submitted a joint letter of resignation to the association on Wednesday.

4. ray

ray Guest

Re: Article

full article

http://pub42.bravenet.com/forum/fetch.php?id=9574425&usernum=3602647232

5. Byro-Nenium

Undergrad
    Re: Article

Damn this sucks!

6. just me:)

just me:) Guest

Yeh, I have read the article in Kompas ( Indonesia newspaper) . So sad, both of them are really good players, I only can wish all the best for them in the future.