Looking for Chun123, timSports, Lawrence, the_badminton_store

Discussion in 'Market Place' started by benibeni, Oct 22, 2004.

1. benibeni

benibeni Regular Member

Hi, I was wondering if anyone has news on ebay seller Previously known as Chun123, Timsports and i think his real name is Lawrence? He has changed ebay ID to the_badminton_store lately. I bought USD549 worth of badminton goodies from him around June and i never received them. HE DISSAPPEARED. I have had a few successful trades with him and I hope to get in touch with him soon to clear this deal which has gone sour. Please anyone there who knows him or know how i could get him to answer my calls, do reply to this post or message me. Thanks.

Thanks to kwun and cooler who has already given me some cool advices and helping me out.

2. cooler

cooler Regular Member

Surfing, reading fan mails:D, Dilithium Crystal hu
    since you matter is still unresolve, you should register a negative review of chun123 et al on ebay.

3. benibeni

benibeni Regular Member

hmm

Well, i have already posted good feedbacks on the past ones,... dunno if i can change them... coz this last deal was not through ebay.. sigh..
    thanks for the thought though

4. Winex West Can

Winex West Can Regular Member

Hi Tech
  5. Feng_MP-100

Feng_MP-100 Regular Member

Student
    He never replies my emails though! I've sent tons of email to him and none of them has been replied!!!:mad:

6. bluejeff

bluejeff Regular Member

Developer
    As there are several people in that shop, I wonder if Lawrence is still in that business? Perhaps other people are running it and that could be why it causes so much of trouble.:rolleyes:

7. kwun

kwun Administrator

BC Janitor
    it could be so. but what it boils down to is that somebody paid them (Tim Sports) money and they never shipped the goods nor reply any emails / phone call.

furthermore, they are still actively selling goods on ebay. so it is not like they all spontaneously disappeared from planet earth...

8. Brave_Turtle

Brave_Turtle Regular Member

Student
    The same situation hapenned to me, fortunatly it was a COD and I didnt lose any money, if I would have paid it my money woudl have been lost.

Try to contact him by phone

9. cooler

cooler Regular Member

no one answers.
    call his cell # too and left message. No reply.

10. Joseph

Joseph Regular Member

I dont know about you guys but whenever I email him, he always replies within the week.

11. Dill

Dill Regular Member

Lazy git (my coach can verify this)
    Maybe the original posters e-mail does not get through?

Sometimes address are placed on a spam list and are excluded from certain sites, business are always using spam blockers and your address may have found its way on to one.

12. benibeni

benibeni Regular Member

Cant contact him

I have tried calling him so many times.. he just wont pick up the phone.. before the deal, he normally answers my calls.. after the deal, he doesnt pick up anymore....

Thanks for all the info you guys.. just hope more ppl will read this thread and stop buying from them as this situation might happen to other people.. speard the news around....

Sigh.. wish i could just get my money back

13. benibeni

benibeni Regular Member

List of stuff

For your information guys... im gonna list out the stuff i paid for ..USD549

I bought 2 AT800 Off when it just came out, 1 JP version (very expensive)and one SP version.... 5 packs of BG-65POWER strings, 1 pair of JP version black baddy shorts...

I also paid for international shipping to NZ and also insurance to cover lost of package.. quite a lot, i think 30 bucks just for insurance.

Sigh.. and its all gone....

14. benibeni

benibeni Regular Member

Great News

Hi Ben,

The original amount of USD$549 has been sent to the original sender's account:
    simranmaggo@xtra.co.nz

I apologize for the delay in returning your funds.

As you may or may not be aware, one of my partners (there were four) have departed from the business at or around the time of your order resulting in confusion. The other lost interest and I bought out his share. Unfortunately, this should not have affected my customers - but consequently, it did.

I was informed that your order was shipped and then later I was informed that your order was rejected / returned to us. Later, I was informed that it was re-sent to you AND A TRACKING NUMBER WAS GIVEN TO ME. Recently, I realized that the order was sent to another customer in NZ and it was not yours. The contents of your original order has now been recovered (sorry I cannot elaborate).

Going forward, there will only be 2 of us that run this businss. Changes include:

- A new company name / eBay ID
    - A new email address
    - A new telephone #

If you do decide to deal with me again, I will give you 50% off the COST PRICE on any ONE item that I carry.

US$549 is a lot of money - I hope that you end up with the gear that you want!

Best regards,
    Laurence

15. benibeni

benibeni Regular Member

Received

I have received this email and the funds from Lawrence....
    I am very very happy with it.. although it has been 5 months since the transaction(lost some around USD80 due to currency exchange) but what more can I ask??? Im so grateful...

First of all, I would like to thank all the people in this forum who have helped me contact Lawrence. Thanks to kwun for suggesting this forum, i think this could have been a big factor... THanks to cooler with the calls and stuff... really grateful..

Hmmm.. overall, i think it is still alright to deal with him ( i think i would still be keen) coz i have serveral very good transactions from him, and some of the gear im still using now are from him... So i think this email really cleared up the misunderstanding between.

once again, thanks guys... badmintoncentral is sooo cool..
    CHEERS!!

16. bluejeff

bluejeff Regular Member

Developer
    all right! now you can order the rackets you want again! :)
    (now you have more models in selections :p)

I know Lawrence wouldn't do such a thing, it was the other guys who screwed up!:)

17. benibeni

benibeni Regular Member

True

Yea, im quite surprised myself when i couldnt reach him, coz we had done serveral successful ones already and in most cases, he was very very helpful...

Well, he is human and has his mistakes too, although it took 5 months, but its forgivable... i think

Well, thanks anyways guys.

18. Feng_MP-100

Feng_MP-100 Regular Member

Student
    Yo benibeni,

good to hear that you got your money back~

btw, what are his
    - A new company name / eBay ID
    - A new email address
    - A new telephone #
    ???

i really need to contact him~

thx!:)

19. benibeni

benibeni Regular Member

Hi

Hi there,
    I have asked him about that. He said he'll get back to me on that as he is still organising stuff and sorting out the problem... at the moment you can email him at timsports@shaw.ca
    well.. i'll tell u if he does get back to me...

20. cooler

cooler Regular Member

good to hear that this matter has been resolved. Change of management usually have a few glitch, especially of an uncorporated and unlisted organization :eek: