AT500 or CAB 30M or MP88

Discussion in 'Racket Recommendation / Comparison' started by tl915703, Oct 22, 2004.

1. tl915703

tl915703 Regular Member

I am currently using a Ti-7 Light and found it too light and even balance. It doesn't give me enough power. I am looking toward AT500 CAB30M and MP88, I am looking for head heavy. Users please give me some feedback

2. bluejeff

bluejeff Regular Member

Developer
    If you are looking for head heavy rackets, Cab30MS is not for you, as it is an even balance racket.

3. SaintDragon

SaintDragon Regular Member

Student
    Out of those choices, AT-500 is the most head-heavy one, so go with that. In terms of power though, I find CAB30MS to be more powerful than AT-500. I've never used the 88 so I have no opinion on that.

4. LazyBuddy

LazyBuddy Regular Member

Engineer
    Force = Mass * Acceleration

Therefore, head heaviness alone can't give you enough power, if you don't have the strength to handle it, or can't swing it with fast enough speed. Work on your strokes, and demo the rackets before purchase.

2 local players in my club using Ti-7 light, and both of them are like local champ lvl players. I doubt they will complain "it's too light and no enough power..." :rolleyes:

5. virusvoodoo

virusvoodoo Regular Member

court mopper
    If a Ti-7 Light is too not heavy enough for you then the MP-88 is a worse choice since it is even lighter and more even balanced. If you are looking for a head-heavy racquet then one of the ATs will suit you well since they are all head-heavy balanced. I think a Cab30MS is similar to your Ti-7 for it is 3U and even balance. If you want the ultimate head-heavy racquet, then try to find the legendary Ti-10 which has been discontinued.

LazyBuddy is right though. Power comes not only from the racquet's mass but also from the acceleration of your strokes/swings. In my opinion, your strokes are more important than the weight of your racquet. If you have a heavy racquet but do not have good strokes, then you will not be able to hit the birds with power.

6. fishmilk

fishmilk Regular Member

Student
    No offense but I also know people who have the Ti-7 Light, play very well and don't complain...obviously a racquet that suits you is important, but I think you need some work on your technique...

I know how it feels when your racquet doesn't suit you, because I am using an AT500 which I don't like...but it gives me the ability to play badminton pretty damn good, I just know my abilities can be maximized more...and I don't blame my racquet when I don't have the most powerful smash, or when I can't do a cross court clear from backcourt to backcourt...

#6 fishmilk, Oct 25, 2004
    Last edited: Oct 25, 2004
  7. tl915703

tl915703 Regular Member

thanx for all the throughts. I have a trainer for almost 1 and a half year. Then I stop for half a year. Now just picking it back up slowly. However, I used to have a very flexable proace which is very good. I just cant find the same racket. As of CAB30M I used my sister's cab10M and felt in love with it. Any comment on that?

8. LazyBuddy

LazyBuddy Regular Member

Engineer
    1. Stiffness and weight / weight distribution (balance) are totally different issues.

2. Cab10Ms and Cab30Ms are different rackets.

3. If you think there's a good chance u can settle with Cab30ms, try to demo it before purchase. ;)