Muscle pain?

Discussion in 'Injuries' started by Dave18, Oct 22, 2004.

1. Dave18

Dave18 Regular Member

Student
    Hey, I just started to play badminton again and my muscles in the upper thigh, forearm and biceps are feeling tense. My feet gets sore too.

Do you guys have any suggestions on how to recover faster other than resting for a few days? Are there any rub-on ointment to relieve the pain?

Thanks.

2. kwun

kwun Administrator

BC Janitor
    that happens all the time when someone gets back into the game after a long break from it. if you keep on exercising, you will find that the soreness and muscle pain will disappear in a week or two.

if you are exercising regularly and still feel the soreness, you can try doing muscle stretches *after* exercising. so at the end of the badminton, sit down on the sidelines and stretch for 5-10mins.

on a related note, if you play afternoon badminton and feel very fatigue and tired during evening, try drinking a can of coke (or some other high sugar drink) within 15mins after you exercise. during this 15mins window the body absorbs carbs most efficiently and you will be refueled for the rest of the day.

3. Dill

Dill Regular Member

Lazy git (my coach can verify this)
    Try lying in a hot bath afterwards, ah.........relaxing.

4. Cheung

Cheung Moderator

wannabe badminton phototaker
    Stretch after the exercise, have a beer, and then have a hot bath (but don't fall asleep in it!):D

5. wedgewenis

wedgewenis Regular Member

god i could use a beer right now :D

too many carbs though :(

6. smash_master

smash_master Regular Member

player/coach/student
    hey

well i recently had the same problem went to play badminton after not playing for about a month and a half and when i got home my muscles were so sore and are still are a bit but well tomorrow im going to go play again b4 school so all i can say is have a good warm up and when you get home rest your muscles take a hot bath and that should help.you could also have something like a beer or coke to get your mind off the pain...but i doubt you want to play drunken badminton style although it could be quite interesting.