DEN -Tine RASMUSSEN

Discussion in 'Professional Players' started by seawell, Oct 27, 2004.

1. seawell

seawell Regular Member

Name: Tine RASMUSSEN
    Date of Birth: 21 JUL 1979
    Height: 1.80 m / 5'11"
    Profession:
    Hobbies:
    Other Sports Activities:
    Olympic Event: Badminton
    Olympic Qualification:
    NOC Code: DEN
    Place of Birth: Allerod, Denmark
    Weight: 75 kg / 165 lbs
    Marital Status:
    Started Competing:
    National Coach:
    Personal Best:
    Season Best:
    Olympic Solidarity:

General Interests
    Hobbies: Music and hanging out with friends and family, cinema. (Athlete 30/06/04, NOC 21/07/04)
    Education: Phsyotherapy: DEN
    MarStatus: Single
    LangSpoken: Danish and English.
    Club: Kastrup-Magleby Badminton Klub, DEN (Denmark Badminton 19/01/04)
    Coach: Steen Pedersen, Jens meiborn and Jan Jorgensen., DEN (Athlete 30/06/04)
    Handedness: R
    Injuries: Inflammation in both Achilles. (Athlete 30/06/04)
    AddInformation: When and where did you begin this sport?
    In the age of seven in Lynge.
    Why this sport?
    "My brother played and I was curious about the sport."

Ambitions
    To be in the Top 10 in the world and to become a physiotherapist. (Athlete 30/06/04)

Highlights
    The Competition Highlights section contains the following results:
    Last Olympic Cycle; Top 8 results at Olympic Games and World Championships. Top 3 results at World Grand Prix competitions.
    Historical; Medals at Olympic Games and World Championships.
    Rnk Event Year Venue
    World Grand Prix
    Semi Final Singles 2001 USA Open

Attached Files:

2. seawell

seawell Regular Member

3. seawell

seawell Regular Member

Tine Rasmussen on top of the World

Tine Rasmussen took her biggest win ever when she won the Japan Open this weekend. This was the first time a European female wins a Super Series tournament, and Tine Rasmussen must now be considered as one of the outsiders to make a medal in Beijing at next year’s Olympic Games. On her way to winning the title she beat five players who are all ranked above her on the World Ranking list.

Coming to Japan Open, Tine Rasmussen could never have expected a victory to be the outcome of the seventh Super Series tournament of the season. She had received a really tough draw facing a strong seeded player already in the first round. Xu Huaiwen from Germany was her first opponent, but after a convincing performance Tine Rasmussen had progressed to the second round beating Xu Huaiwen in straight sets.

Then she faced the first brick in the Chinese wall, Jiang Yanjiao. Jiang Yanjiao won Tine Rasmussen’s home event Denmark Open last year beating Tine Rasmussen on the way to her victory. But this time is was pay back time, and after having dropped the first set, Tine Rasmussen could progress to the quarter finals after a good comeback. Next opponent was the World’s number one Zhang Ning – a player which Tine Rasmussen had never beaten before. But nevertheless she managed to overcome this hurdle after a thrilling three set win.

In the semi final she was up against the third consecutive Chinese player as she faced the young Lu Lan. The seventh seeded Chinese came close in the first set, but after seeing Tine Rasmussen winning it 21/19 she never really came close of getting back into the game. Tine Rasmussen won the second set easily by 21/9 and could therefore celebrate her first ever Super Series final spot.

Xie Xingfang was yet another player who Tine Rasmussen had never defeated, and the former double World Champion came into the final as a huge favourite. But Tine Rasmussen was filled with confidence and after 39 minutes of intensive badminton she could raise her arms in joy while giving her coach Morten Frost a big hug. Tine Rasmussen can now look forward to a jump in the World Ranking list, and she must also be considered as one of the biggest rivals to the Chinese players for the Olympic gold medal.

The rest of the events at the Japan Open were won by Asian players. Lee Chong Wei of Malaysia proved that the poor performance at the World Championships was a one timer as he won the men’s singles event, beating the Olympic champion Taufik Hidayat from Indonesia in a breathtaking final.

Attached Files:

• 1.jpg
      1.jpg
      File size:
      34 KB
      Views:
    #3 seawell, Sep 18, 2007
    Last edited: Sep 18, 2007
  4. seawell

seawell Regular Member

2 RASMUSSENS AND MARTIN:cool:

Attached Files:

• b.jpg
      b.jpg
      File size:
      68.4 KB
      Views:
    • a.jpg
      a.jpg
      File size:
      24.5 KB
      Views:
    • C.jpg
      C.jpg
      File size:
      32.6 KB
      Views:
  5. tommy_bun

tommy_bun Regular Member

I think the who beat her was Lu Lan in semi,not Jiang.

6. bad_fanatic

bad_fanatic Regular Member

Day dream about being a Pro Badminton Player
    I just think it's amazing how she recovers from her Achilles tendon injuries at the Sudirman Cup in 2005. I thought that she would be out of the circuit, but it's amazing how she made a come back and won the JO.

7. llpjlau

llpjlau Regular Member

won the Malaysian Open 2008.

8. robin7

robin7 Regular Member

Dreamer
    Now she has won 2 Super Series.

9. george@chongwei

george@chongwei Regular Member

congratulations to her!!

10. Loh

Loh Regular Member

Semi-Retired
    Tine's Malaysia Open 2008 Victory

This Danish delight has grit and is certainly very strong mentally. In addition her strokes are powerful and deceptive!

I saw her being carried out with her Achilles tendon injury at one Singapore Open a few years ago. Even at that time, she was one of the better players from the West who struck me as very promising!

Now she has proven her abilities by cracking yet another brick of the Chinese Wall. This time the casualty is China's most promising replacement for the veterans - Zhu Lin! And Tine did it even when she hurt her right ankle which caused her to limp a little initially until she was attended to. The expectation of the audience was so resolute that the stadium suddenly remained dead silent when she struggled after her injury and requested medical attention. I'm sure some must have prayed for her speedy recovery to continue the fight.

And fight she did after she stood up. She was rewarded with an emphatic victory in the end as Zhu Lin was flabbergasted with her strong comeback. Even Zhang Ning, acting as assistant coach, at her left corner was unable to give her additional tips to overcome Tine. Zhang herself had experienced the wrath of this Viking lady at the last Japan Open.

When it was all over, Rasmussen was all smiles and ran towards the waiting arms of her coach like a happy little girl. I've never seen such a sweeter smile from Tine! :)

She is certainly a threat to the Chinese in the Beijing Olympics. And it makes the competition even more interesting if Wong Mew Choo is able to peak in time to challenge the Chinese.

#10 Loh, Jan 20, 2008
    Last edited: Jan 20, 2008
  11. abedeng

abedeng Regular Member

Occupying Tall Buildings
    The Malaysian crowd fully supported Tine, probably she herself did not get this much support with her own home fans. And she acknowledged it graciously.

But to beat the CHN wall consistently, Tine and Wong Mew Choo can't do it by themselves. Need support from HHY, JJY, Hirose, PHY, WC, ZM, Yippie, XHW etc. I will be happy if the Olympics WS gold falls to any in this group. That would surely signal that the WS balance of power has reached close to parity.

12. Dreamzz

Dreamzz Regular Member

is she related to JR?

[​IMG]

13. Loh

Loh Regular Member

Semi-Retired

14. Dreamzz

Dreamzz Regular Member

15. samuel882

samuel882 Regular Member

Tour Leader
    Tine : " Maybe someone have said my titles in Japan open SS last year was just a pure luck. But i manage to proove evryone my truth ability in this MAS Open SS"
    "To face a CHN opponents, mental toughness is the key point"

"In the past, it is CHN who monopoly the Women's badminton, However, I started to believe now in which they can be beaten. I've proove it to the world , so do Wong Mew Choo"
    "Camilla Martin is always Camilla, I am myself. My Achievement still doesn't reach Camilla's height. I just wish to get my own results."

She has been trained/sparring with all the male players in Copenhagen , as currently in the Danish National Team, no other Women single players reached her standard yet.

16. george@chongwei

george@chongwei Regular Member

[​IMG]
    tine rasmussen....won the ws title in the MAS OPEN SS 2008!..

17. yannie

yannie Regular Member

i read articles about tine on danish newspapers today! congratz for the win!!!
    seems like she's very happy, and a little surprised too!

18. fifteen luv

fifteen luv Regular Member

How to pronounce her name. I heard people calling Tine as (Ti na) and some calling her (Time).

19. Oldhand

Oldhand Moderator

Broadcast Systems Integration
    It's pronounced "Teen-eh" :)

20. Loh

Loh Regular Member

Semi-Retired
    I prefer to call her Ti (as in 'tea') - ne (as in 'the' but not too strong as 'nah'). :)

Certainly not "Time'! :eek: