Sore wrist joint..

Discussion in 'Techniques / Training' started by ubite, Oct 28, 2004.

1. ubite

ubite Regular Member

Student
    Hey guys,

I recently changed to a towel grip and it's really thin, but feels nice! I've had some pain in the join that connects my hand to the wrist. I think it could be due to over-pronation of the wrist or incorrect technique. Just wondering if any of you have had a similar problem? I read a few threads about sore wrists but I don't think this is my problem as I have a strong wrist. Any advice on how to relieve the pain? It could be because the grip is too small? I'm not sure...

- John

2. odjn

odjn Regular Member

Student
    i grip my racket with one layer of grip (one with the original grip the racket came with and a small layer of yonex super grap). I don't seem to have any problems with my wrist....hey there problem also could be an overuse of the keyboard.

It's always good to strech out your wirsts every once and a while especially for a hardcore baddy player! :rolleyes:

3. stephen6510

stephen6510 New Member

Doctor
    I think your gripping to much with your palm, I had sore wrists from playing before and i asked a pro at the club why? and he asked me to grip the racket, he told me i was gripping too much with my palm and too tight, once i moved the grip towards my finger and lessened the tension, my wrists didn't hurt anymore after playing;)

4. GiGaChip

GiGaChip Regular Member

MOST DEFINETLY- After using your wrist for a long period of time, it is always best to stretch your wrists and fingers after, and before you type on the keyboard. The POSITION of how you sit REALLY affects it. After I'd come home from badminton practice to type hw on the computer, I'd always slouch and type...and in less than 5 minutes, my wrist would ache...not good considering I'm not old...:eek: haha...but yes, always important to stretch your fingers every once in a while during practice and doing anything else.