User Tag List

Page 9 of 15 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 LastLast

Thread: Peter GADE

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by sunzhewyq View Post
    Woohoo.really nice pictures....Peter is always easy-going and kind-hearted.
    That is right! BTW, he just went to Beijing lasy week and just taken fly to VN on Monday's evening, met him there?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

some pics of me and Peter and Larsen after the games!^^

Mentioned
    13 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by hungle View Post
    Btw, i think i did not clearly what you mean in "great badminton mind", can you clarify me? it means intelligent playing or lear fast or....thank you
    Yes, I meant intelligent playing.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

That is right! BTW, he just went to Beijing lasy week and just taken fly to VN on Monday's evening, met him there?
    very sorry for that.I didn't have the chance to meet him,although i really wanted to

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Let see how Crown Prince of Denmark taken part in a Solar vehicle competition and drove a circle in Ho Chi Minh City-Vietnam! The Prince is really handsome!
    Attached Images Attached Images                      

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Let see how Crown Prince of Denmark taken part in a Solar vehicle competition and drove a circle in Ho Chi Minh City-Vietnam! The Prince is really handsome!
    How come there is no photo of the prince's wife, our Australian beauty?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by chris-ccc View Post
    How come there is no photo of the prince's wife, our Australian beauty?
    I did not see him appear! Sorry for that Mr.Australian-Chris!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Peter Gade ended 2011 without a win.
    Actually he should have won the 2011 Copenhagen Masters when at 20-19 in the 2nd game, JOJ’s shuttle landed out but this was not called out; JOJ then went on to win the 2nd game 25-23. JOJ, being the younger player, was able to sustain better and won the rubber 22-20.The 1st game was won by PG 21-14.
    Peter said,
    I should have won the game in 2 games but unfortunately I didn’t… we had a very tough match after that point. I can be frustrated after that point that got stolen away from me, but on the other hand, it was a great match and that’s what we both wanted.. But it was a great evening, a great Atmosphere and all credit goes to the crowd who made it a fantastic evening tonight
    The above situation again points to the need for a ‘hawkeye’ system and the sooner this is implemented the better for all.

Mentioned
    41 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

It is a timely break in international competitions, says Denmark’s ace Peter Hoeg Gade
    http://blogs.bettor.com/It-is-a-time...g-Gade-a123864

Excerpts:

Peter Gade, who is currently number four in Men’s Singles world standings, has been playing tremendous badminton for the last 12 months. His hectic schedule affected his performance as he failed to deliver well in the opening two events of current year.

...Peter Gade said, “I think many of the players are feeling the strain as we are all trying to earn as many qualifying points as we can for the Olympics.”

He further added, “The break has come at a perfect time for me personally and also for the rest of the players. Sometimes you just need to go away and comeback stronger.”

He has also indicated that he will play in a few tournaments before Olympic Games in order to remain physically fit for the mega event, which will be his last tournament as he has decided to take retirement from international badminton.

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Thumbs up This is good news for Chen Jin

Quote Originally Posted by cobalt View Post
    ...Peter Gade said, “I think many of the players are feeling the strain as we are all trying to earn as many qualifying points as we can for the Olympics.”

He further added, “The break has come at a perfect time for me personally and also for the rest of the players. Sometimes you just need to go away and comeback stronger.”

He has also indicated that he will play in a few tournaments before Olympic Games in order to remain physically fit for the mega event, which will be his last tournament as he has decided to take retirement from international badminton.
    If Peter Gade were to play in a few tournaments before Olympic Games, then this is good news for Chen Jin.

Why? Because Chen Jin would make it to participate in the 2012 Olympic Games.

Mentioned
    41 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by chris-ccc View Post
    If Peter Gade were to play in a few tournaments before Olympic Games, then this is good news for Chen Jin.

Why? Because Chen Jin would make it to participate in the 2012 Olympic Games.
    Not if CJ is back in the workshop for repairs....

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Saw this while i was on a book fair not long ago.. the 1st thing came to my mind when i saw this book title is peter gadeName:  IMG0223A.jpg
Views: 515
Size:  23.9 KB

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

IMHO, Peter Gade is a very humble person.......

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Khai_AS10 View Post
    IMHO, Peter Gade is a very humble person.......
    Yeah agree.. He is a very humble person, & very welcome when his fans asked for a photo & autograph. Apart from him being a humble person, his spirit to maintain his performance & fitness at this age are points for him to be regarded as One of the Four Heavenly Kings.

Mentioned
    23 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Mentioned
    41 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

On last lap, Gade wants to give it all

Jonathan Selvaraj : New Delhi, Tue Apr 24 2012, 00:23 hrs

http://www.indianexpress.com/news/on...it-all/940567/

As Peter Gade sweats it out at the Siri Fort courts on the eve of the India Open Super Series, there is nothing to suggest that the 35-year-old Dane is running the last lap of an over15-year-long career or that he is nursing a dodgy right ankle. Not the complaining kinds, the aging star has found a silver lining on the injury cloud as he sets a date to hang his boots.

“The injury is a recurring one. Before, I would try to manage my injuries. But knowing that I have only four more tournaments to go means I can skip surgery. In a way it gives me some freedom because I am not preserving my body for anything,” says the second seed, who plans to play just a couple of tournaments after the London Olympics in July-August.

Despite having a plan in place, things haven’t gone Gade’s way lately. The World No.4 was knocked out of the European Championships, where he had top billing. He later conceded a walkover at the Swiss Open and lost early at the All England Open.

“I haven’t been lucky but I have to admit that others have been playing better than me. At the European Championships, I was leading 18-10 in the final round. I lost from that position. Such things didn’t happen to me earlier but now it’s a bit more frequent,” he admits.

Disappointing farewell

The All-England loss has hurt Gade the most. Scheduling gaffes meant he said his final goodbye to one of his favourite arena at 2.30 am with just the empty stands witnessing the emotional departure.

“It is one of the things that ensures that badminton won’t be like tennis. The All-England title was my first big win and I finished over there in front of an empty stand in the middle of the night. It was disappointing,” he says.

Gade’s decision to wind up his career soon after the Olympics, an event that has never seen him step on the podium, will coincide with a few more famous farewells. “These are interesting times. Even Lee Chong Wei and Taufik Hidayat have said that the London Olympics will be their final tournament and I don’t know how long Lin Dan will continue. In a very short span of time all the big guys will retire,” he says.

While it seems uncertain whether the stocks of badminton-playing countries — excluding, of course, China — can cope with the loss of these icons, Gade remains optimistic. “Our departure will give a chance to all the youngsters to come up. From Denmark I can see a good future for Viktor Axelsen and even India has some good players like Sourabh Verma,” he says.

Gade isn’t keen to be a national coach post-retirement. “One of the reasons I am retiring from the sport is because I have two young children and I want to spend more time with them. If I become a national coach I will have to travel. It will have to be something I will have to balance,” he says.

Page 9 of 15 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 LastLast