User Tag List

Page 5 of 15 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 LastLast

Thread: Peter GADE

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by cobalt View Post
    I just wanted to share this beautiful article that I came upon. You can read the full article by an ex national champ, at this link:

http://www.firstpost.com/blogs/why-p...ith-18036.html

Here is an excerpt:

"He should be known as Peter Great. His official website states that some like him for his looks, some for his character, some for his style of play. But one thing is for sure: Peter Gade is definitely a role model for his fans or fellow players and the large majority of people around the world of badminton."
    There is no doubt that PHG is a role model on and off the badminton courts.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Another SS final for Gade. There's no doubt he's the best of the rest behind LD and LCW, still very consistent and would be winning superseries regularly if not for LCW.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Yes, I salute his competitiveness,

such consistency is hard to find

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

All the best to this guy against LCW 2moro

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Arrow 2011 Indonesia Open SS Premier Finals: The Lee Chong Wei-vs-Peter Gade match

Quote Originally Posted by george@chongwei View Post
    All the best to this guy against LCW 2moro
    Yes, All the best to Peter tomorrow, Sunday 26-Jun-2011, at the Indonesia Open SS Premier Finals.

Peter Gade might be older and slower, but he is still more experienced than Lee Chong Wei. And because of this, Lee Chong Wei must show respect to Peter and play without being careless.

Mentioned
    39 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

LCW never takes Peter Gade lightly. Anyone does so at their peril!
    Peter is such an awesome competitive spirit!
    I think all of us BCers should put up a thread to vote for Peter to not retire unless he is really really injured.
    And then send the results of that thread to him.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

i found out that peter gade's game has change a bit since the india super series 2011.. i think he played more aggressive than before and much faster pace... and i think vt80 racket that he use also helps him to hit some great hard shoots and smashes... i salutes him for being able to play fast game eventhough he's already 35 years old

Mentioned
    39 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Correction. He's not 35. That is everybody's imagination. I can say with authority that he is only 26 years old. That's a fact unless anyone can disprove it.

Consider why he has no business to talk about retirement, (IMO ):

He's still in the top 5 ranking. Since the last 20 years. Or is it 25? 35? I've lost count, really...
    He's still faster on the court than 98% of the other players he meets.
    He's still more lethal with his drops and smashes than 98% of the players he meets.
    He's probably just below Lin Dan in fast hands, and mid-court interceptions. (BCL used to be there too, but BCL is at war with his inner self.)
    He's more handsome than 98% of the other players (a lot of who look the same to me at least) according to the latest scientific study conducted by BWF
    He just beat Taufik at the Indonesia Open (sacrilege!!) which meant he had to play against Taufik and 7,000 other guys, and their mouths! And he won!
    He can still walk, can't he?
    He's married, he's got 2 kids, a car, a house. What else does he have to accomplish? No more excuses, now. Just play badminton!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Birth namePeter Høeg Gade Date of birth December 14, 1976 fact is still a fact bro :P ...LOL... but he's still the among the best singles player nowadays... and true, he has a 26 year old energy and determination on court ... that's why i still admire him... along with lee chong wei, lin dan & taufik hidayat... hehe

Quote Originally Posted by cobalt View Post
    Correction. He's not 35. That is everybody's imagination. I can say with authority that he is only 26 years old. That's a fact unless anyone can disprove it.

Consider why he has no business to talk about retirement, (IMO ):

He's still in the top 5 ranking. Since the last 20 years. Or is it 25? 35? I've lost count, really...
    He's still faster on the court than 98% of the other players he meets.
    He's still more lethal with his drops and smashes than 98% of the players he meets.
    He's probably just below Lin Dan in fast hands, and mid-court interceptions. (BCL used to be there too, but BCL is at war with his inner self.)
    He's more handsome than 98% of the other players (a lot of who look the same to me at least) according to the latest scientific study conducted by BWF
    He just beat Taufik at the Indonesia Open (sacrilege!!) which meant he had to play against Taufik and 7,000 other guys, and their mouths! And he won!
    He can still walk, can't he?
    He's married, he's got 2 kids, a car, a house. What else does he have to accomplish? No more excuses, now. Just play badminton!

Mentioned
    39 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Default Denmakr's Veteran Shuttler

Full story: http://blogs.bettor.com/Peter-Hoeg-G...on-news-a78579

A more informative version can be found at:
    http://www.thejakartapost.com/news/2...and-court.html

Some excerpts:

The 34-year-old Peter Gade, who is the former World Number One, has always been enjoying a spot in the top ten shuttlers, since 1999. Gade is the most celebrated shuttler in Europe, who is known for his untiring hard work and dedication towards the game. He is the only shuttler who is in the top ten players even in his thirties. Last year, he achieved second position in the world rankings by playing tremendous badminton.

...While talking about the technical and tactical aspects of the game, Gade said, “At some point, you learn how to deal with the pressure. You learn that if you’re going to beat the best guys around, like Taufik [Hidayat] and Lin Dan, you have to be in the right state of mind.”

...Gade pointed out that although technically skillful, many in the current crop of young shuttlers, especially from Indonesia, easily crumbled when under pressure.

“It takes too little to bring them out of their state [of mind]. They are a bit shaky when things go against them. In the men’s singles, you will have things going against you as it is a tough discipline. It will never be easy. During a game, there will be ups and downs, you will have to fight,” he said.

Gade also highlighted the larger financial support urgently needed to successfully develop badminton. “Denmark’s [badminton development] budget hasn’t changed in 15 years, while China’s is 10 times larger, maybe more. China, Malaysia and Korea bring a lot of money [to the game].”
    Last edited by cobalt; 06-27-2011 at 12:17 PM.

Mentioned
    21 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by TheSmasherKing View Post
    Birth namePeter Høeg Gade Date of birth December 14, 1976 fact is still a fact bro :P ...LOL... but he's still the among the best singles player nowadays... and true, he has a 26 year old energy and determination on court ... that's why i still admire him... along with lee chong wei, lin dan & taufik hidayat... hehe
    I don't know if that is actually his birth name but in the past he used to go by Peter Gade Christensen ...
    It's only a fact if you've got his birth certificate

Oh yeah just remembered his wife's name is Høeg ...

Mentioned
    51 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

Peter comments on his match vs. LCW:

Hi Guys, well, i dreamed off making a big surprise and take the title from Chong Wei today, but it was not gonna happen. Chong Wei was too good for me today and even though I tried my best I didn’t have the mental resources to get closer to him. He played with a lot of variation and speed, and I wasn’t able to keep up with him. Off course I wanted to do better in this final but I just have to accept that I was at my limit..The last two months has been really hard and I just put everything out there, on and off court, and I’m really proud and happy for my results in India, Sudirman Cup, Singapore and now Indonesia. I’ve played some great badminton and only lost to Chong Wei and Lin Dan…Yes, no doubt I wanna beat them and yes, i want to win a super series! But there is a reason why they have been the best players around for the past years..They are very, very good.. I’m very tired now and I miss my family so much and can’t wait to get on the plane and leave for Copenhagen. Next up for me will be the worlds in London in august. Next week I need to recharge and spend some time with the family and then it’s all about the preparation for the worlds. I need to continue and improve a few percent in different areas and hopefully I can be even stronger at the world. For now I wanna thank all the fantastic indonesian supporters for making this a great memory for me.. I enjoyed every second on court this week.. Thank you all for your support here on facebook and at the great Istora Stadium..Take care../Peter

Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Good luck to him at WC2011

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by kwun View Post
    Peter comments on his match vs. LCW:
    PHG is a real gentleman and he gave credit where credit is due.
    He did not give give any excuse for his losses in the Singapore and Indonesian Opens. Instead, he said that he has to work on certain areas of his game.
    He is also a good family man.

Mentioned
    21 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Why not tell us here ?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Find a video of Peter Gade's WC preparation here:

http://www.badzine.de/ansicht/datum/...er-die-wm.html

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by demolidor View Post
    Why not tell us here ?
    I was wondering the same thing as you, probably he is trying to promote his blog

Page 5 of 15 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 LastLast