Page 12 of 15 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 LastLast

Thread: Peter GADE

Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by kwun View Post
    farewell Peter Gade.

rare to find one player who lasted so long and still accomplish so much. all the way from the late 90s, most of the players he played against have already long retired and move onto other phases of their lives while PG just keep going and going and going.
    We know you like him,

So much so you had to post TWICE?

borrowed phrase from madbad.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

to keep it short:

PETER, GREAT JOB!!!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by cobalt View Post
    Peter Gade’s graceful swansong

http://www.yonexifb.com/en/component...-swansong.html

The organisers of the Yonex Badminton French Open certainly know how to put on a show and by scheduling Peter Gade’s semi-final against his countryman Jan Jorgensen as the evening’s curtain-raiser they were sure to pull in the crowds and create an electric atmosphere.

The two Danes entered the court to thunderous applause and every point scored by Paris’s favourite Dane was greeted with wild acclaim. No stranger to this particular stage and feeding off the crowd’s enthusiasm, Gade was the first to find his feet, outclassing the young pretender Jorgensen in the opening set.

The second game looked to be going the same way, with Gade leading for most of the way, but with the scores tied at 17-all, Jorgensen made a decisive move, putting on a spurt of energy that sapped Peter Gade’s 36-year-old legs and closing the second game out 21-17.

The third game was one-way traffic and even though the public sensed that this was the end of an era, they continued to cheer the older player on, willing him to close the 5-point gap that Jorgensen had opened up at 15-10.

Several marathon rallies seemed to take their toll on Gade, and on the second match point, almost with a whimper, he allowed a shuttle to fall in, not even close to his right-hand tramline, and all of a sudden, the Parisian dream was over. A collective intake of breath, and the whole audience rose as one to acclaim the fallen hero. Even Jan Jorgensen seemed embarrassed to have been the one to bring an end to this great player’s career.

In an emotional post-match interview, Peter confided that he was very sad to retire from badminton “It has been a huge part of my life. I love the sport with all my heart. But it has taken its toll on my body and I will now be looking forward to taking more care of myself and spending more time at home with my young daughters.” Asked when he might return to Paris, he smiled and said “pretty soon, I guess. I love the restaurants here. It’s one of my favourite places.” As for life after badminton, Gade added “I’m looking at a number of options with Badminton Denmark. I might take on a coaching role, but I could also play an ambassadorial role for Danish exporters in China. We’ll just have to see.”

Whatever he does, we’re sure he will do it with the same style, elegance and integrity he has always shown on the badminton court. Peter, the world of badminton salutes you !
    PHG was a role model and a gentleman on the badminton professional circuit.
    He was never arrogant and he gave his best for the sport.
    Many badminton players should take a leaf from his book, especially the Chinese.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Peter knew his glory days were over. Now here's a coach pretty much any country out there could hire. Wish him all the best for the future.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Not just yet.... Play the SuperSeries & there are two more competitions up this year we want to see as much of u as we can...

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Peter Gade 100% retired already? so now there would be only 3 kings left.. will miss him.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

HIS next match will be against lin dan in the copehangen master in december..

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default signed shirt

not sure if it's appropriate here but just for information... if not allowed, delete it...

Peter Gade Badminton 2012 French Open Yonex Solibad signed shirt ...the last one

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll...m=281013038056

Mentioned
    39 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Peter and Solibad - a winning combination!

http://www.solibad.net/newsflash/auc...ld-for-720-us/

Excerpt:

Peter Gade’s T-shirt was sold on Ebay on November 9th for the sum of 720 US $ (around 560 euros). The best bidder is from Switzerland.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Gade himself went to meet lin dan and invite him over for the match
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ucFc4...ature=youtu.be

Mentioned
    22 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default Peter Gade Becomes a Legend

Date 20 December 2012 ,

A Danish star, Peter Gade (VT80) will play his last match at Copenhagen Masters, which will be held on next Thursday, December 27th.
    With many titles including YONEX All England title in 1999, Peter Gade is one of the most successful badminton players in the history of the sport. He topped the men’s world rankings from 1998 until 2001. His dedication, sportsmanship and down-to-earth attitude have made him an excellent ambassador and role model for many aspiring players.
    YONEX is proud to have supported Peter throughout his playing career, more than 15 years. We wish him the same success for the future.
    We launched the microsite of “The Legendary Players” and we are going to update the contents in the future. Please check it out.

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by george@chongwei View Post
    Gade himself went to meet lin dan and invite him over for the match
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ucFc4...ature=youtu.be
    i truly wish LD would be there, fulfill Peter's invitation.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by demolidor View Post
    Date 20 December 2012 ,

A Danish star, Peter Gade (VT80) will play his last match at Copenhagen Masters, which will be held on next Thursday, December 27th.
    With many titles including YONEX All England title in 1999, Peter Gade is one of the most successful badminton players in the history of the sport. He topped the men’s world rankings from 1998 until 2001. His dedication, sportsmanship and down-to-earth attitude have made him an excellent ambassador and role model for many aspiring players.
    YONEX is proud to have supported Peter throughout his playing career, more than 15 years. We wish him the same success for the future.
    We launched the microsite of “The Legendary Players” and we are going to update the contents in the future. Please check it out.

Indeed, he deserve it

Mentioned
    39 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Its good to know that Peter Gade is already plotting his way forward, and what's really good news for the world badminton community is that he is going to be very involved in the game! He posted a long message on his FB December 19 and it makes for interesting reading.
    https://en-gb.facebook.com/petergadeofficial

Here are some excerpts:

..."During january I’m starting up a youth project here in the northern part of Copenhagen with the support fro...m the city of Gentofte and Badminton Denmark. Together with my good friend and Under 19-National coach, Jim Laugesen, I’m gonna be in charge of 16 players from the the larger Copenhagen area, age 13-19. I’m really looking forward to get this project going, however this is the very early phase of the project, and step by step we'll be aiming to build up this project in the best possible way."

Then he goes on to talk about his work to "a possible future on campaigns etc in cooperation with both danish and chinese companys " between Denmark and China companies.

Of course, there is talk about the match against Lin Dan! ..."Its been a long runup towards this match and finally we’re very close to this last one.. I feel good about it, but I also know there’s gonna be a lot of mixed feelings to get into perspective. The team at Badminton Denmark has put in a lot of effort so far into this match and every aspect surrounding it and I have afeeling its gonna be a evening to remember.. "

And finally, "This coming friday could be another emotional moment as I’m gonna take part in my last practice at the national center in Brøndby. I’ve been coming here almost every day for more than 18 years! And for sure, I’m gonna miss this part of my life.. "

Also of interest to Danish followers here:
    "Danish TV channel DR1 will show a documentary about Peter Gade on 27 December 2012 called: "Peter Gade: Farvel til fjerbolden" starting 21.00."

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

nice info, Cobalt.

about Peter and Lin Dan, i still remember how he rubbed Lin Dan's head/hair after their match in All England 2004 (please correct if i wrong ). nice moment. maybe it's the reason he got special feeling toward Lin as players and invite him for his last match?

Mentioned
    22 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Link fixed: http://www.yonex.com/legendaryplayer/

Quote Originally Posted by cobalt View Post
    Also of interest to Danish followers here:
    "Danish TV channel DR1 will show a documentary about Peter Gade on 27 December 2012 called: "Peter Gade: Farvel til fjerbolden" starting 21.00."
    That means "Peter Gade: Goodbye to badminton". Plus on the 27th as well on TV2 Sport @ 2230h. "One on one: Peter Gade" (both only 30 minutes)
    Last edited by demolidor; 12-24-2012 at 10:04 AM.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

It is sad that Peter will play his last match of the career on 27th December 2012. Who will take his place in the "4 badminton kings Club"? I think Peter has passed the baton to Chen Long officially when Chen Long beat him in the quarter final of London Olympics. Since then Chen Long has won China masters, China open, Hong Kong open and Super series final.

Page 12 of 15 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 LastLast