User Tag List

Page 142 of 155 FirstFirst ... 42 92 128 129 130 131 132 133 134 135 136 137 138 139 140 141 142 143 144 145 146 147 148 149 150 151 152 153 154 155 LastLast
Results 2,398 to 2,414 of 2620
  1. #2398
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Location
    singapore
    Posts
    461
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    do u guys noe that BCL sign wif his right hand??

  2. #2399
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Location
    Canada
    Posts
    33
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    when he won the sing open and had to sign the camera... he used his right hand.. also on a show where he had to perfom his chinese caligraphy.. he also used his right hand to write!.. so yeah he write with his right and plays baddy with his left sooo cool!

  3. #2400
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Location
    singapore
    Posts
    461
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by at800def View Post
    when he won the sing open and had to sign the camera... he used his right hand.. also on a show where he had to perfom his chinese caligraphy.. he also used his right hand to write!.. so yeah he write with his right and plays baddy with his left sooo cool!
    hw is it possible ah? Was he born right handed naturally but the coach made him play wif his left hand to have ad advantage since most players are right handed?

  4. #2401
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Location
    Australia, Brisbane
    Posts
    744
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Tekkai View Post
    hw is it possible ah? Was he born right handed naturally but the coach made him play wif his left hand to have ad advantage since most players are right handed?
    i cant think of the scientific term but some people are blessed enough to use both sides either left or right for different tasks..

    Some people in snooker can play any shot on the table because they can switch left and right comfortably.
    Some people in golf play iron shots right handed and put left handed.
    Or in golf they are right handed and play left handed.

    It just comes down to what feels more natural to the person.

  5. #2402
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Location
    Canada
    Posts
    33
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    i heard of left handers writting with their right hand because it is easier for them.. due to margings being on the left side, it makes it hard for them to write.. maybe that's the reason...should ask him if you meet him one day

    Ambidexterity is the word you are looking for

  6. #2403
    Regular Member ctjcad's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2004
    Location
    u.s.a.
    Posts
    19,157
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default Ambidextrous duo..

    ..not only is BCL ambidextrous, but so is LinDan..

  7. #2404
    Regular Member george@chongwei's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Location
    MIA
    Posts
    29,966
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    and fu hai feng too i think

  8. #2405
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Location
    vietnam
    Posts
    12
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    i love the picture .WoW the hight of Bao is Wonderful that play badminton

  9. #2406
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Location
    jakarta, indonesia
    Posts
    83
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Smile

    Quote Originally Posted by Tekkai View Post
    hw is it possible ah? Was he born right handed naturally but the coach made him play wif his left hand to have ad advantage since most players are right handed?
    Well, it's common for the left handed players from china... the legend ' Yang yang just like BCL, but Zhao jian hua is full left handed, do everything with left hand, maybe more dangerous if BCL full left handed... with his height,technique, tactics and ...motivation,he would be No.1 badminton player... but it's only a dream.. he always losing motivation in Final...esp. if LD his opponent,

  10. #2407
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Location
    Kuala Lumpur
    Posts
    2,437
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Bao C L jia you...

  11. #2408
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2003
    Location
    Vacation Home @ Disney World
    Posts
    2,223
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    I think Bao CL has at least 50% to defeat Lin Dan at 2009 world meet.

  12. #2409
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Location
    N.A.
    Posts
    202
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by bradmyster View Post
    i cant think of the scientific term but some people are blessed enough to use both sides either left or right for different tasks..

    Some people in snooker can play any shot on the table because they can switch left and right comfortably.
    Some people in golf play iron shots right handed and put left handed.
    Or in golf they are right handed and play left handed.

    It just comes down to what feels more natural to the person.

    My speculation is that he was born naturally left-handed but was forced to write and eat with his right hand. This is common practice in traditional societies and especially China.

    I was born a lefty and my grandmother attempted to make me a righty but to no avail. She didn't have the heart to beat it into me but I've met other people who have experienced this.

    Eating and writing with your right hand are more acceptable in terms of manners and whatnot but I guess left-handed badminton is an advantage so he was allowed to keep that.

  13. #2410
    Regular Member Blitzzards's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Location
    GMT-04:00
    Posts
    1,437
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    I have a friend here who is just like BCL & LD in terms of handedness dexterity. He's naturally left-handed, plays badminton with his left hand but eats and writes with his right hand. By the way he's Chinese also. It's just more accepted this way in Chinese tradition.

  14. #2411
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Location
    Canada
    Posts
    2,272
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by asphyxiate View Post
    My speculation is that he was born naturally left-handed but was forced to write and eat with his right hand. This is common practice in traditional societies and especially China.

    I was born a lefty and my grandmother attempted to make me a righty but to no avail. She didn't have the heart to beat it into me but I've met other people who have experienced this.

    Eating and writing with your right hand are more acceptable in terms of manners and whatnot but I guess left-handed badminton is an advantage so he was allowed to keep that.
    Yep, lots of times the right hand is forced to learn how to write and eat, however left hand isn't just picked because it's not the "usual", but probably because the body is naturally inclined to the left (so changing lefty footwork to righty footwork is practically impossible).

  15. #2412
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Location
    Canada
    Posts
    33
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    i know of a girl who is born a lefty and does everything with her left but chose to play baddy with her right. She says its easier to learn when watching other's play. Whereas being a lefty it is harder to learn while watching other becuase they have to mirror the image.

  16. #2413
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Location
    N.A.
    Posts
    202
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by at800def View Post
    i know of a girl who is born a lefty and does everything with her left but chose to play baddy with her right. She says its easier to learn when watching other's play. Whereas being a lefty it is harder to learn while watching other becuase they have to mirror the image.
    Yeah every coach I've had has yelled at me (not seriously..) for being a lefty and therefore impossible to coach. Well, aside from that one lefty coach I had...

    I'd gladly be a righty if I had as much skill as BCL though..... sigh.

  17. #2414
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Location
    MALAYSIA
    Posts
    10,377
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    So sorry for BCL 1st round lost.................in WC 09 to Dicky Palyama....

Similar Threads

  1. a pic of bao chunlai
    By 最爱鲍春来 in forum China Professional Players
    Replies: 26
    : 09-05-2009, 06:46 AM
  2. Bao Chunlai vs Lin Dan
    By daunt in forum German Open / All England / Swiss Open 2009
    Replies: 116
    : 03-07-2009, 01:37 AM
  3. Lin Dan vs Bao Chunlai
    By badmintex in forum World Championships 2006
    Replies: 11
    : 10-08-2006, 11:31 AM
  4. Bao chunlai
    By Wendy in forum Thomas Cup / Uber Cup 2006
    Replies: 4
    : 04-28-2006, 11:41 AM
  5. Bao chunlai let me tell you
    By kong ling in forum China Professional Players
    Replies: 7
    : 07-03-2005, 11:39 AM

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •