User Tag List

Page 10 of 295 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 60 110 ... LastLast
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by ye333 View Post
    Well, you don't have a single example from badminton, do you?
    T Rasmussen of Denmark started to win tournaments at the age of 27/28 after years in the circuit.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

The question is, is Tina physically much stronger than herself in her early 20s? Furthermore, European players do not train as hard at young ages as Asian players (lack of competition should be the main reason), therefore their body "burn out" later.

A player overall can get stronger through experience, maturity, breaking mental barriers, etc. Improvement in each of these can lead to significant change in results. An example is CH in 2005/06. But if you watch the videos, clearly his power/speed is not as impressive as in 2001.

Quote Originally Posted by AlanY View Post
    T Rasmussen of Denmark started to win tournaments at the age of 27/28 after years in the circuit.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

The question is, is Tina physically much stronger than herself in her early 20s? Furthermore, European players do not train as hard at young ages as Asian players (lack of competition should be the main reason), therefore their body "burn out" later.

A player overall can get stronger through experience, maturity, breaking mental barriers, etc. Improvement in each of these can lead to significant change in results. An example is CH in 2005/06. But if you watch the videos, clearly his power/speed is not as impressive as in 2001.
    try zhang ning, she is

1. 100% asian, not european, so that alone debunk your theory
    2. she won her best titles in the very late stage of her career (04 and 08 OG)
    3. she's also phsyically stronger than her early years. Just look at the meat (borrowed from lazybuddy) on her legs, torso and arms. She was a frail looking girl when she entered the national team.
    4. if lyb don't think ZN would get better, faster and stronger, why did he encourage ZN to stay in the team?

i don't know how good is your eye sight, to me, LD looked way more buff now than when he join the team
    Last edited by cooler; 11-06-2009 at 10:30 AM.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

So you think the main reason ZN won many titles since 2003 is she suddenly becoming stronger than 2002 and before? Then XXF must also have rocketed up in 2005-06 since she beat ZN time after time during that period. LOL.

Read Chinese BBSes if you want to know why LYB kept ZN in the team. LOL.

When ZN joined the team? She was 18 then man.

Of course your muscle can get bigger during your 20s (well, if you keep training, they can still grow in your 30s), so definitely you can get stronger in your 20s and 30s in the sense of weight-lifting. But does that mean you are more powerful and faster in a badminton game?

On the other hand, indeed, ZN and LD are quite similar cases.

Quote Originally Posted by cooler View Post
    try zhang ning, she is

1. 100% asian, not european, so that alone debunk your theory
    2. she won her best titles in the very late stage of her career (04 and 08 OG)
    3. she's also phsyically stronger than her early years. Just look at the meat (borrowed from lazybuddy) on her legs, torso and arms. She was a frail looking girl when she entered the national team.
    4. if lyb don't think ZN would get better, faster and stronger, why did he encourage ZN to stay in the team?

i don't know how good is your eye sight, to me, LD looked way more buff now than when he join the team

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

So you think the main reason ZN won many titles since 2003 is she suddenly becoming stronger than 2002 and before? Then XXF must also have rocketed up in 2005-06 since she beat ZN time after time during that period. LOL.

Of course your muscle can get bigger during your 20s (well, if you keep training, they can still grow in your 30s), so definitely you can get stronger in your 20s and 30s in the sense of weight-lifting. But does that mean you are more powerful and faster in a badminton game?

sorry man, i've already debunked your theory on just one point, #1. It would waste my time to further counter your other frivilous points. You are just ranting on my crumbs
    Last edited by cooler; 11-06-2009 at 12:31 PM.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

You think he kept her in the team cos she is from the same province as LYB?

Or political influences like quota? If one scratches the othes back, then the other will in return scratch their back.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by volcom View Post

Or political influences like quota? If one scratches the othes back, then the other will in return scratch their back.
    well, whether it is the truth or not, it paid off anyway

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Well, you don't have a single example from badminton, do you?
    Sir, I beg you to just look at the first 3 characters in the reply you quoted. I hope it rings a bell.

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I just saw the clip between Lin dan and taufik french open , Taufik age coming up back hand smash still got power, troubles lin dan ,, hope lin dan during training can work on this !

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Any Lin dan's fans or badminton fans here know what string Lin dan is using for his N90 racket , is it still Yonex string or Li ning String ?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Ferrerkiko View Post
    Any Lin dan's fans or badminton fans here know what string Lin dan is using for his N90 racket , is it still Yonex string or Li ning String ?
    why do u wanna know? surely it won't be a great backhand smashing string

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ferrerkiko wanna know because he's 1 great fanatic fan of lin dan just like you.
    whatever lin dan uses, plays also wanna follow
    luckily im not like that.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

woah ..........

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

wow, whats the big deal about TH and his backhand smash , even with the best backhand in the game , he is still no match for Lin Dan.

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

So any Lin dan's fans here already buy and try Lin dan's N90.. Heard from my friends that N90 is a racket that is very difficult to use to play ??

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Unfortunately I don't think LCW's physical ability improved much either. A bit more powerful maybe, but look at the consequence of such training on his body.

IMHO LCW is trying to follow LD's footsteps. But I doubt he will be successful.

Quote Originally Posted by weeyeh View Post
    Sir, I beg you to just look at the first 3 characters in the reply you quoted. I hope it rings a bell.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Well, I believe that's part of the reason.

Quote Originally Posted by volcom View Post

Page 10 of 295 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 60 110 ... LastLast