User Tag List

Page 108 of 295 FirstFirst ... 8 58 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 107 108 109 110 111 112 113 114 115 116 117 118 119 120 121 122 158 208 ... LastLast
Results 1,820 to 1,836 of 5013
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by pBmMalaysia View Post
    Otb, sure Lin Dan wants to win malaysian open, it's just that he couldn't get the passport.

Passport depends on playing with a Malaysian kitten or a Malaysian tiger.lol

I certainly hope this doesn't keep happening, it's a humiliation to bwf
    Your hope will be dashed as this WO thingie will continue, it ain't gonna stop. To prevent top 10 players not playing SS, BWF lay down rules that these players have to play all the biggie SS and at least 4 other SS. On WO thingie, what is BWF gonna do, BWF has its own malaysian doc checked LD and a medical leave was granted, so there you can go figure out what can stop this and until BWF and you can figure out, the show continues...and that is my point here, not whether LD injury is fake or not.
    There is so much emotion, quite like anger here, I can see fans who paid good $$$ hoping for a LD-LCW got disappointed and 'cheated' when the SF is almost within reach, but net surfers???
    One question to you, if you are LYB as manager (this is your job, not a net surfer), who is paid to win and your huge bonus cheque and golden rice bowl of not getting fired depends on winning and winning majors, given the oppportunity to match fix and not violating BWF rules, honest to god, you would not do it?

Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by pBmMalaysia View Post
    You can't even read properly in this thread
    but you sure know how to criticize bc members
    Nobody blames directly at Lin Dan for the injury
    Shame on you trying to be Lin Dan spokesman who can't even read
    He is still stuck in his house. Why entertain him? If LD has got nothing to prove anymore, why not retire and enjoy his married life.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by nokh88 View Post
    He is still stuck in his house. Why entertain him? If LD has got nothing to prove anymore, why not retire and enjoy his married life.
    I am sure LD would want to retire with that bank account...just that OLY12 is in the way. CHN needs LD to win and LD wants OLY12 gold to seal his legacy and inflates his bank account. These are professionals, like me a working professional, I can say I love my job but I would not work for free and LD love badminton, at the end of the day, it $$$ we work for, nothing more, nothing less

Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Uncle OTB, I was just refering to that joker's post.

Mentioned
    40 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by OneToughBirdie View Post
    I am sure LD would want to retire with that bank account...just that OLY12 is in the way. CHN needs LD to win and LD wants OLY12 gold to seal his legacy and inflates his bank account. These are professionals, like me a working professional, I can say I love my job but I would not work for free and LD love badminton, at the end of the day, it $$$ we work for, nothing more, nothing less
    OTB, your comparisons leave be bemused. As a professional you show up for your task and you complete the task, or you never get another chance! LD doesn't work for free either. He gets paid every day to do what he is supposed to: play badminton.

Last time I checked , badminton was still classified as a GAME, not as a PROFESSION. The difference is that there are no guarantees in the outcome of the game; you show up and do your best, that's all. Your bank account still keeps ticking over. It's your commitment to the game that is now in question; unlike the commitment that has been shown by an actual "professional" like Taufik, or a guy like Peter Gade.

BUT, if money has now become the overriding factor and the CBA or LYB or whoever will do anything to justify their ends, then maybe they should just stick to the CBSL where they can mess around with their own people and system. Let's see if their gambling home crowd appreciate their manipulation as much.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Maybe ld is just unlucky one to be the 'chosen' one. His predecessors doesn't have this issue. Such is life.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Uncle OTB, I was just refering to that joker's post.
    I don't mean to be rude to you, never do I intend that way...my post is to yours in red
    ...sorry.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by cobalt View Post
    OTB, your comparisons leave be bemused. As a professional you show up for your task and you complete the task, or you never get another chance! LD doesn't work for free either. He gets paid every day to do what he is supposed to: play badminton.

Last time I checked , badminton was still classified as a GAME, not as a PROFESSION. The difference is that there are no guarantees in the outcome of the game; you show up and do your best, that's all. Your bank account still keeps ticking over. It's your commitment to the game that is now in question; unlike the commitment that has been shown by an actual "professional" like Taufik, or a guy like Peter Gade.

BUT, if money has now become the overriding factor and the CBA or LYB or whoever will do anything to justify their ends, then maybe they should just stick to the CBSL where they can mess around with their own people and system. Let's see if their gambling home crowd appreciate their manipulation as much.
    Badminton is a game, yes, we play that for fun or exercise or what-nots. But to LD and all CHN national players, LCW, TH and every player in BWF circuit, they are all 'playing' professionals, playing badminton is their livelihood and a job, except that the career is short, so better make the dough while you can...some players are very blessed to be rich from playing baddy, while many, many more would have a tough time retiring. BTW, there is no money in badminton, generally speaking. Take away LD, LCW and TH, name me the players that come close to what these folks are making from winnings, bonuses, title, endorsement, etc, etc.
    You say 'Bank account keeps ticking' right, tell that to TCS making <RM1000 a month and try retiring on that....LD or LCW does not even have to play badminton anymore, their endorsement $$$ far exceeds their earning.
    IMO, LYB targets are the majors that glorifies CHN, these SS events, except for CO or CM, LYB is using it as practice targets for his next generation of players, you are right LYB couldn't care less.
    BWF changes the WR qualifying rules mandating players to play 10 SS to qualify for OLY, that may get LYB to play his A list players when the SS means something, starting May 2011, right? Unfortunately, MO11 is not included this time yet.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Your hope will be dashed as this WO thingie will continue, it ain't gonna stop. To prevent top 10 players not playing SS, BWF lay down rules that these players have to play all the biggie SS and at least 4 other SS. On WO thingie, what is BWF gonna do, BWF has its own malaysian doc checked LD and a medical leave was granted, so there you can go figure out what can stop this and until BWF and you can figure out, the show continues...and that is my point here, not whether LD injury is fake or not.
    There is so much emotion, quite like anger here, I can see fans who paid good $$$ hoping for a LD-LCW got disappointed and 'cheated' when the SF is almost within reach, but net surfers???
    One question to you, if you are LYB as manager (this is your job, not a net surfer), who is paid to win and your huge bonus cheque and golden rice bowl of not getting fired depends on winning and winning majors, given the oppportunity to match fix and not violating BWF rules, honest to god, you would not do it?
    Seriously and honestly to god if I am lousy yellow brick

I would make sure there are more Lin Dan / Lee Chong Wei matches

because that is where the real money is,

real money that can go to my pockets

given the influences and power vested on me

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Because China Badminton wants him to continue and try for OLY12

just like Zhang Ning previously.

Meanwhile his job is to play his team role of paving the way for youngsters

and obey BWF requirements for qualification, like many, many before him.

A chief coach would not be able to keep his job unless he can deliver results, there is still a big gap between LD and team-mates.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

A lot of Western thinking is very individualistic.For eg. When Kirsten Larsen was up and coming I saw Lene Koppen give her a

15-0,15-0 drubbing in the 1980 AE semis and reduced Kirsten to tears.

Compare it to Ina at that time, Liem Swie King must have thrown many matches for Hartono or Sugiarto to shine

all for the national cause and for the long term.Can you remember LSK or Hartono ever giving team-mates a 15-0 drubbing?

China is a Communist country and places a high emphasis on teamwork,Chen Hong in all his playing years

could never play in the Thomas Cup.That is why they have such a strong team and countries like Denmark or Malaysia

do not. Malaysia though is trying to instill this.

Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I don't mean to be rude to you, never do I intend that way...my post is to yours in red
    ...sorry.
    No "sorry" needed. There was no rudeness by you.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by cobalt View Post
    I bet the local fans would go "LYB please marry me!!! I will do anything for you"

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Bbn View Post
    Because China Badminton wants him to continue and try for OLY12

just like Zhang Ning previously.

Meanwhile his job is to play his team role of paving the way for youngsters

and obey BWF requirements for qualification, like many, many before him.

A chief coach would not be able to keep his job unless he can deliver results, there is still a big gap between LD and team-mates.
    Your comment is spot on

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Bbn View Post
    Compare it to Ina at that time, Liem Swie King must have thrown many matches for Hartono or Sugiarto to shine

all for the national cause and for the long term.Can you remember LSK or Hartono ever giving team-mates a 15-0 drubbing?
    No because i was still 1 yr old at that time
    But seriously are you saying that LYB tactic is not new and INA team has done it before? To what extend? and which match that LSK gave away?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Let's not open old wounds, Hartono would not be what he is if not for LSK and also LSK would not be what he is if not for

Hartono. I think it applies to Icuk too. Lsk is famous for throwing matches and giving opponents free points,once in the Ina Open

in 80s he was leading 14-1 in the final set against his Ina opponent who was undergoing a big trouble with his life,he even let his opponent catch up and win set and match.

I can remember all these clearly because at that time I had no credible msian player to support but followed more Hartono and LSK.

The only difference then and now and amongst teams is that China is the only team with so many players they can decide

who to win or lose.if I tell you the stories of how the Europeans used to fix Football matches to keep out Africans and others, it will make you wince. Talk about sportsmanship.

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Come on bros, let's give Lin Dan a break here , please stop arguing !