User Tag List

Page 109 of 291 FirstFirst ... 9 59 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 107 108 109 110 111 112 113 114 115 116 117 118 119 120 121 122 123 159 209 ... LastLast
Results 1,837 to 1,853 of 4943
  1. #1837
    Regular Member nokh88's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    Malaysia
    Posts
    8,443
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Bbn View Post
    Snipped
    Compare it to Ina at that time, Liem Swie King must have thrown many matches for Hartono or Sugiarto to shine
    all for the national cause and for the long term.Can you remember LSK or Hartono ever giving team-mates a 15-0 drubbing?
    Just to clarify : I thought it was Hartono then LSK then Icuk. How could LSK throw matches for Hartono. I remember during Thomas cup those days when both were playng. LSK was 1st single, Hartono was playing 3rd single. Can't remember who was playing 2nd singles for INA then.

  2. #1838
    Regular Member chris-ccc's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Location
    Melbourne, Victoria, Australia
    Posts
    26,579
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Arrow Please stop arguing !

    Quote Originally Posted by Ferrerkiko View Post
    Come on bros, let's give Lin Dan a break here , please stop arguing !
    .
    This I agree. If Lin Dan wishes not to participate, then let Lin Dan not participate.

    And also, if Lin Dan's bosses tell him not to participate, then Lin Dan should listen to his bosses. How can we, BCers, tell Lin Dan what to do?
    .
    Last edited by chris-ccc; 01-23-2011 at 08:48 AM.

  3. #1839
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Location
    k.l
    Posts
    531
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by extremenanopowe View Post
    Maybe ld is just unlucky one to be the 'chosen' one. His predecessors doesn't have this issue. Such is life.
    One of LD's predecessors is LYB as a player so stuff like this wasn't existed yet. It only happens when that one predecessor took charge.

  4. #1840
    Regular Member Bbn's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2002
    Posts
    3,004
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by nokh88 View Post
    Just to clarify : I thought it was Hartono then LSK then Icuk. How could LSK throw matches for Hartono. I remember during Thomas cup those days when both were playng. LSK was 1st single, Hartono was playing 3rd single. Can't remember who was playing 2nd singles for INA then.
    well if you insist many people claim that the 1976 AE was not a fair fight.or the 1978 AE.
    Most times Hartono was 1st singles in Thomas Cup.
    even Zhao J H was suspected of giving his team-mates free passages in the run-up to the 92 Olympics,
    I think Zhao was LD's "predecessor",and if one really have followed badminton enough, even Tang Xian Hu
    was throwing matches.
    Last edited by Bbn; 01-23-2011 at 05:49 PM.

  5. #1841
    Regular Member Bbn's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2002
    Posts
    3,004
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    even there are people who doubt that Hartono could be 8x AE champion or Kops 7x if China were part of IBF.

    Everytime China invited Ina to play a friendly they will always send the 2nd team and avoid Hartono having to match up

    Tang Xian Hu and Hou Chia chang, Many people doubt Hartono's credibility as the greatest of his time for this reason

    especially with his weak defence, but personally I think if they had played it would have been a fair fight between Hartono and China's legends of that time.

    But I think its better to stick to LD and also to bury the past.All this "hide and seek" tactics have been used long ago

    as part of strategy.

  6. #1842
    Regular Member nokh88's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    Malaysia
    Posts
    8,443
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Bbn View Post
    well if you insist many people claim that the 1976 AE was not a fair fight.or the 1978 AE.
    Most times Hartono was 1st singles in Thomas Cup.
    even Zhao J H was suspected of giving his team-mates free passages in the run-up to the 92 Olympics,
    I think Zhao was LD's "predecessor",and if one really have followed badminton enough, even Tang Xian Hu
    was throwing matches.
    I am not refering to the throwing matches thingy. I only want to clarify the the playing era of these players.

  7. #1843
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    Sydney
    Posts
    2,876
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Rudy Hartono is the Greatest of all time, he's the Mohamad Ali of Badminton. The question of "if" would not count, just like the fact that LD won all majors. But I dont believe RH or INA team used the same tactic as what LYB did to LD. Maybe one or two times for some reason unknown but not a systematic plot over the whole career of a player. Thats not the same.

  8. #1844
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Location
    singapore-australia
    Posts
    389
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by alexyong View Post
    So many LD haters here.. even with a valid WO reason from a MALAYSIAN doctor.

    Have you no shame of wanting to fight an injured person that badly? and some even accused him for being "unsporting". Sore losers will always be sore losers, LD had already proven enough. End of story.
    when 1 country dominates, some fans of other countries can only whine on the net to vent their discontent. when these losers constantly nitpick and bash china, their players and coach, the more I appreciate the classiness of danish supporters.

    nevertheless, you are rite. no amount of whining from losers can take away ld's wins.

  9. #1845
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2006
    Location
    icy cold place
    Posts
    3,778
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by hezudao View Post
    when 1 country dominates, some fans of other countries can only whine on the net to vent their discontent. when these losers constantly nitpick and bash china, their players and coach, the more I appreciate the classiness of danish supporters.

    nevertheless, you are rite. no amount of whining from losers can take away ld's wins.
    We whine as you can see from this forum because we are ASIANS, we are unique breed, it is in our blood to bitch and whine and we cannot stand LD's success that he keeps beating LCW in majors and we hate LYB arrogance because we are jealous that his team is so talented...the male asians are just as bad as the females....for the record, I am an Asian too

  10. #1846
    Regular Member pBmMalaysia's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    Kuching, Malaysia, Malaysia
    Posts
    4,718
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by OneToughBirdie View Post
    We whine as you can see from this forum because we are ASIANS, we are unique breed, it is in our blood to bitch and whine and we cannot stand LD's success that he keeps beating LCW in majors and we hate LYB arrogance because we are jealous that his team is so talented...the male asians are just as bad as the females....for the record, I am an Asian too
    What a post, otb

    I am surprise you responded to a post that isn't constructive at all.

    Normally you are full of humor and your predictions,

    of course when it comes to betting, its always none other than Lin Dan.

    You always praise his challenger but in the end your money is always on him

    Anyway, the poster hardly contribute anything other than criticizing bc members,

    And using one post to say it all?

    Lol .... only a troll does that

  11. #1847
    Moderator drifit's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Location
    Selangor, Malaysia
    Posts
    6,428
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    can i whine?
    if LD is injured, how come he still able to play at Korea Open now and win at 1st round? will he walkover tomorrow due to not fully recovered injury?
    Malaysian doctor is no good at all. the doctor from China is very great. he/she can cure LD's in couple of days.

  12. #1848
    Regular Member pBmMalaysia's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    Kuching, Malaysia, Malaysia
    Posts
    4,718
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    That was the best whiner for the month of January

    Seriously, if Lin Dan is injured he shouldn't be playing at all.

    He risk himself getting more serious injury and I think that abdomen injury has been sometime already

    Though he never mention about it. Instead he claimed he never got injury

  13. #1849
    Regular Member huangkwokhau's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Location
    everywhere
    Posts
    18,436
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    LD is not injured..period!!! only the fool believe he is injured..I have seen many things from China teams..I am sorry to say that ...It is good for China but not good for Badminton a s a sport...

    To all CHN fans!!! wake up!! even Chen Hong will tell you that..CH was asked to WO...to tournament officer, he was injured but he was okay..he was smiled when I asked why he gave WOs....he said" you know why"..wake up!! Don't be in denial!! LD is very very fine!!...even there is big talks among players in MO and KO about Famous WO from LD...honestly I feel sorry for LD....he has no choice...he was supposed to retired after OG...since no CHN players can replace him..he has to stay!! again..LD is not that kind player...I have respect for him, not to CBA!!!! thats truth!!!
    Last edited by huangkwokhau; 01-26-2011 at 09:55 AM.

  14. #1850
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2006
    Location
    icy cold place
    Posts
    3,778
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by pBmMalaysia View Post
    What a post, otb

    I am surprise you responded to a post that isn't constructive at all.

    Normally you are full of humor and your predictions,

    of course when it comes to betting, its always none other than Lin Dan.

    You always praise his challenger but in the end your money is always on him

    Anyway, the poster hardly contribute anything other than criticizing bc members,

    And using one post to say it all?

    Lol .... only a troll does that
    Honestly, I do not keep track of what posters like Hezudao write previously, I do not google and have no time for that. When I read his post, the cheeky side takes the better of me...When it comes to betting $$$, my brain says LD wins as it was proven time and time again in majors. My heart would want to see the underdogs win something as these folks keep getting beat out and facing uncertain future...as a professional coach yourself, you know better that this is a professional sport, titles are great, in the end, money talks and we would be fooling ourselves otherwise

  15. #1851
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2006
    Location
    icy cold place
    Posts
    3,778
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by pBmMalaysia View Post
    That was the best whiner for the month of January

    Seriously, if Lin Dan is injured he shouldn't be playing at all.

    He risk himself getting more serious injury and I think that abdomen injury has been sometime already

    Though he never mention about it. Instead he claimed he never got injury
    KO11 is neutral territory and purse is 3x MO11, one win is US$90K, the most ever. If a player will to play only 1 tournament, which one would u pick as MO and KO is back-to-back. Secondly, if a player followed LCW in MO11, LCW was playing exceptionally well, almost hard to beat in KL, and with home fans support. Maybe LD is not 100% superfit but fit enough to win 2 rounds. LD may not want to take on LCW, in case he lost badly and that would boost LCW confidence and LD may want to maintain that mental edge towards AE, WC, OLY and Sudirman, which are majors that meant more to CHN. Also, to let CL test where he stands against LCW was another reason, maybe. Thats is my thought.
    Last edited by OneToughBirdie; 01-26-2011 at 10:44 AM.

  16. #1852
    Regular Member pBmMalaysia's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    Kuching, Malaysia, Malaysia
    Posts
    4,718
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by OneToughBirdie View Post
    Honestly, I do not keep track of what posters like Hezudao write previously, I do not google and have no time for that. When I read his post, the cheeky side takes the better of me...When it comes to betting $$$, my brain says LD wins as it was proven time and time again in majors. My heart would want to see the underdogs win something as these folks keep getting beat out and facing uncertain future...as a professional coach yourself, you know better that this is a professional sport, titles are great, in the end, money talks and we would be fooling ourselves otherwise
    yes, in the end everything is about money

    Ok since rudy has 'assured' us Lin Dan is fine we shall see once again,

    match of the year in the Korean open semi final

    After Chen long lost badly to lcw in Malaysian open

    and also because of the draw,

    I think Lin Dan is mostly likely to play till the end

    Anyway, Malaysia should be proud to have one lcw,

    A pain in the axx for lyb. Hahaha

    Otb, if you take away lcw, what do you see?

    Ping pong?

    Till then let's get ready to bet some satay

  17. #1853
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2006
    Location
    icy cold place
    Posts
    3,778
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by pBmMalaysia View Post
    yes, in the end everything is about money

    Ok since rudy has 'assured' us Lin Dan is fine we shall see once again,

    match of the year in the Korean open semi final

    After Chen long lost badly to lcw in Malaysian open

    and also because of the draw,

    I think Lin Dan is mostly likely to play till the end

    Anyway, Malaysia should be proud to have one lcw,

    A pain in the axx for lyb. Hahaha

    Otb, if you take away lcw, what do you see?

    Ping pong?

    Till then let's get ready to bet some satay
    If LCW can maintain his current form and not injured, he could win WC11 and/or OLY12. Take away LCW, what do I see? MAS cannot even get past the QF or 1st round in MS...MD is yo-yo now...the rest of the events habis and BAM would be in the spotlight and in deepsh*t.
    I bet LD will go to KO11 final, I really hope it will be a LD-LCW final. This time is hard to say who will win, 50-50, even up but will be one heck of a match. LCW is playing the best badminton I seen and LD being Lin Dan always show up in final especially when the opponent is LCW. The concern is would LCW be mentally tired out going through Park-CJ-Bao and then LD, if that is the path barring upset. LD has a much easier path, with INA as warm-up partners (I am sure to get flak for this comment).

Similar Threads

  1. Lin Dan and Xie Xingfang pics.. ( 林丹 / 谢杏芳 )
    By kwun in forum China Professional Players
    Replies: 1832
    : 08-15-2013, 12:06 AM

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •