User Tag List

Page 11 of 304 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 61 111 ... LastLast
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Well well, turning more personal now? LOL.

Quote Originally Posted by cooler View Post
    sorry man, i've already debunked your theory on just one point, #1. It would waste my time to further counter your other frivilous points. You are just ranting on my crumbs

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by ye333 View Post
    Unfortunately I don't think LCW's physical ability improved much either. A bit more powerful maybe, ...
    I am flabbergasted with your observation but that's probably in line with your observation about LinDan. You reserve the right to think how you do so it's fine.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

So you believe LCW also improved much physically (meaning: faster, more powerful, etc. Not including things like "knowing when to up the pace")... Then how about Sony? How about Simon? How about PG? Also improved in pure physical ability? LCW used to lose to them once in a while, the situation hasn't changed a bit in 2008 and 09.

Another phenomenon. LCW against TH. Before the end of 2008, the situation is "If LCW in form, then won in close games; If LCW off-form, TH won", Since 2008 GP Final, it has changed to "If LCW in form, easy wins; Off-form, close games but LCW still wins." Care to explain what caused this phase transition?

Quote Originally Posted by weeyeh View Post
    I am flabbergasted with your observation but that's probably in line with your observation about LinDan. You reserve the right to think how you do so it's fine.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

So you believe LCW also improved much physically (meaning: faster, more powerful, etc. Not including things like "knowing when to up the pace")... Then how about Sony? How about Simon? How about PG? Also improved in pure physical ability? LCW used to lose to them once in a while, the situation hasn't changed a bit in 2008 and 09.

Another phenomenon. LCW against TH. Before the end of 2008, the situation is "If LCW in form, then won in close games; If LCW off-form, TH won", Since 2008 GP Final, it has changed to "If LCW in form, easy wins; Off-form, close games but LCW still wins." Care to explain what caused this phase transition?
    Maybe it is because power for game style, Taufik Hidayat is so strong on his prime time and very suit with his playing style but Lee Chong Wei not bad that time , but now day its different ....

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default It also could be..

So you believe LCW also improved much physically (meaning: faster, more powerful, etc. Not including things like "knowing when to up the pace")...

..the opposite: TH's game has dropped off but LCW's game has stayed the same.
    In LD's case, IMO, from 2006 onwards, his game has improved quite a bit. But perhaps others' (top shuttlers) games have either stayed relatively the same or dropped off.
    Last edited by ctjcad; 11-07-2009 at 11:54 AM.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Well... LD vs LCW (Outside Malaysia -- LD haven't competed in MAS Open since 2008 yet) overall H2H is 13:4; Starting 2008 it's 5:2. I don't think this data support the "LD improved a lot but LCW stayed the same" theory...

Quote Originally Posted by ctjcad View Post
    ..the opposite: TH's game has dropped off but LCW's game has stayed the same.
    In LD's case, IMO, from 2006 onwards, his game has improved quite a bit. But perhaps others' (top shuttlers) games have either stayed relatively the same or dropped off.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default ^^That..^^

..5-2 record is a nearly over 2 yrs time in comparison to the 13-4 record (over how many yrs?). That 5-2 record could turn out to be 13-4 or even 15-2 or 14-3 over the same no. of yrs. (should they play that long)
    Did i write "LD improved a lot"??..
    If LD's game hasn't improved quite a bit over the other top players, what's up with his overall winning/losing percentage record when he's played in tourneys since end of 2006 (basically from SS period on)?
    Last edited by ctjcad; 11-07-2009 at 12:59 PM.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

what's lcw form when he lost to chen long, NTM? and SDK in 09 WC?

stick to topic, don't bring in lcw vs TH into this thread.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I just watched the China Masters game between Lin Dan and Boonsak Ponsana. I'm guessing from the cyborg attachments LD had all over him that he was injured ... but it was still an enjoyable match. Boonsak is a clever player ... he has quite an unusual playing style too.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Destricto_Ense View Post
    I just watched the China Masters game between Lin Dan and Boonsak Ponsana. I'm guessing from the cyborg attachments LD had all over him that he was injured ... but it was still an enjoyable match. Boonsak is a clever player ... he has quite an unusual playing style too.
    boonsak and his coaching staff are smart.
    They know that if boonsak is to train to play like the styles of lcw, TH or even chinese CJ, bcl,etc, boonsak would be no further ahead to deal with LD than with those other victims. Boonsak is unique because he has the ability to play differently which makes him enjoyable to watch playing, and make LD (and coach) work. I'll cut it short here

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

He seems to take smashes earlier ... less power but faster so less time for Lin Dan to react. His backhand crosscourt smash-returns were great too.

Anyway, back to Lin Dan - what was up with him in that match? He didn't seem very comfortable in the first game, physically.

Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Destricto_Ense View Post
    He seems to take smashes earlier ... less power but faster so less time for Lin Dan to react. His backhand crosscourt smash-returns were great too.

Anyway, back to Lin Dan - what was up with him in that match? He didn't seem very comfortable in the first game, physically.
    To follow up on this (see bolded), that's how PSH plays. As we know, PSH seems to have given LD a hard time. He's got very sharp and deceptive 1/2 or 3/4 smashes, taken very early. Maybe this is an effective way to neutralize LD.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by madbad View Post
    To follow up on this (see bolded), that's how PSH plays. As we know, PSH seems to have given LD a hard time. He's got very sharp and deceptive 1/2 or 3/4 smashes, taken very early. Maybe this is an effective way to neutralize LD.
    only in early meets, old news, LD had already found the elixir for psh

Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

only in early meets, old news, LD had already found the elixir for psh
    Can't remember but wasn't there a recent tournament (within the last few months) that PSH pushed LD to the limit. Sorry, memory's a little foggy. Perhaps someone can help out there. Thanks

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Can't remember but wasn't there a recent tournament (within the last few months) that PSH pushed LD to the limit. Sorry, memory's a little foggy. Perhaps someone can help out there. Thanks
    dont get me wrong, i'm not saying your observation was wrong i'd even say it's refreshing for u to notice that discrepancy Allow me to explain for LD. PSH gave a lotta trouble to LD when PSH first came onto the scene, psh even had beaten LD once or twice before too. LD and coaching staff went to work and found the antibotic for psh. It worked so good that LD took care of PSH in TC and OG. What u observed is credit to KOR's coaches. If u keep doing the same things that failed before, why keep doing it? (see post above about boonsak) I'm sure KOR coaches have observed LD and added a few new arsenal to psh, in hope psh could crack LD's force field. Fortunately for lin dan fans, he is too well polished and has no crack

In the life of pro sports, there is no warranty for cracks:
    Cracks can give one alotta heaches http://www.badmintoncentral.com/foru...ad.php?t=77275
    Last edited by cooler; 11-08-2009 at 03:32 PM.

Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

dont get me wrong, i'm not saying your observation was wrong i'd even say it's refreshing for u to notice that discrepancy Allow me to explain for LD. PSH gave a lotta trouble to LD when PSH first came onto the scene, psh even had beaten LD once or twice before too. LD and coaching staff went to work and found the antibotic for psh. It worked so good that LD took care of PSH in TC and OG. What u observed is credit to KOR's coaches. If u keep doing the same things that failed before, why keep doing it? (see post above about boonsak) I'm sure KOR coaches have observed LD and added a few new arsenal to psh, in hope psh could crack LD's force field. Fortunately for lin dan fans, he is too well polished and has no crack
    Ha, BARELY anyone has cracked LD's defence. My observation, and I'm sure many others', is this particular style has given LD the most trouble. Nothing more, nothing less. Plus you give yourself a better chance if you can match LD's stamina. This is where LCW has been able to hang with LD and extend matches.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Ha, BARELY anyone has cracked LD's defence. My observation, and I'm sure many others', is this particular style has given LD the most trouble. Nothing more, nothing less. Plus you give yourself a better chance if you can match LD's stamina. This is where LCW has been able to hang with LD and extend matches.
    we'll see how long lcw can hang 10 with LD
    Do we need to hear the creaks from lcw's knees?

Page 11 of 304 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 61 111 ... LastLast