User Tag List

Page 110 of 304 FirstFirst ... 10 60 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 107 108 109 110 111 112 113 114 115 116 117 118 119 120 121 122 123 124 160 210 ... LastLast
Results 1,854 to 1,870 of 5152
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by huangkwokhau View Post
    LD is not injured..period!!! only the fool believe he is injured..I have seen many things from China teams..I am sorry to say that ...It is good for China but not good for Badminton a s a sport...

To all CHN fans!!! wake up!! even Chen Hong will tell you that..CH was asked to WO...to tournament officer, he was injured but he was okay..he was smiled when I asked why he gave WOs....he said" you know why"..wake up!! Don't be in denial!! LD is very very fine!!...even there is big talks among players in MO and KO about Famous WO from LD...honestly I feel sorry for LD....he has no choice...he was supposed to retired after OG...since no CHN players can replace him..he has to stay!! again..LD is not that kind player...I have respect for him, not to CBA!!!! thats truth!!!
    I agree with Huang and he has just about summed up the situation. If you watch youtube there were clips where

LD expressed his problems.I think CBA actually may not see eye to eye with BWF, and that is sth I dont understand.In table tennis though China players tend to miss tournaments instead of giving WOs and they never gain enough points for the year end GP.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by hezudao View Post
    when 1 country dominates, some fans of other countries can only whine on the net to vent their discontent. when these losers constantly nitpick and bash china, their players and coach, the more I appreciate the classiness of danish supporters.

nevertheless, you are rite. no amount of whining from losers can take away ld's wins.
    You are right, always looking for someone to blame , accusing successful people for being arrogant etc.etc.

Not positive and eventually bringing about own downfall because of not focusing on one's own weaknesses and correcting it,but getting

emotionally worked up and falling into opponent's trap, events which have happened century after century.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by OneToughBirdie View Post
    KO11 is neutral territory and purse is 3x MO11, one win is US$90K, the most ever. If a player will to play only 1 tournament, which one would u pick as MO and KO is back-to-back. Secondly, if a player followed LCW in MO11, LCW was playing exceptionally well, almost hard to beat in KL, and with home fans support. Maybe LD is not 100% superfit but fit enough to win 2 rounds. LD may not want to take on LCW, in case he lost badly and that would boost LCW confidence and LD may want to maintain that mental edge towards AE, WC, OLY and Sudirman, which are majors that meant more to CHN. Also, to let CL test where he stands against LCW was another reason, maybe. Thats is my thought.
    I doubt LD is focused on AE and WC but is aiming more for the OLY and team events, just as in previous year, in these 2 events,he may just focus on building up the confidence of the younger players.I think most of his energy will be focused on team events where he is needed most.
    i doubt it is all about money, I wouldn't be surprised if he even lost before the final in KO.
    It is logical for a player to maintain his confidence and peak at the right time, Zhang Ning was thrashed in her run-up to OLY 2008 in SS events, luckily she prevailed in the end.
    LD's dilemma was best summarised by HKH and i think the CBA wants (as always) to win team events and Olympics and bring up the next generation of players.Of course it will not go down well with rivals but as summed up by the poster from Taiwan in the LD WO thread,it just so happens that China is the only team with depth to be able to do it, others would and have done it if they had the depth, that's why there is a new emphasis on building a team with depth.
    Last edited by Bbn; 01-26-2011 at 03:26 PM.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

It was only a few years back that China focused heavily on winning Opens and bringing back prize money.

Now the emphasis has shifted.

Now ,at least in Men's singles they are focusing on building up replacements for LD.

It is good that LCW can keep the China MS team on their toes,just as Taufik and Gade did in their prime.

After LD & LCW exit there may no longer be players of the calibre of these four, it is a good time to

match up the next generation and the outgoing in this transition period, otherwise we will have a very boring,mediocre Men's Singles event in the future after 2012.So in a way it is good for badminton in the long run,at least to the spectators.
    Last edited by Bbn; 01-26-2011 at 04:15 PM.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I think many people have mentioned this before. I don't think LD will participate in too many tournaments from now on. He will do what he needs to qualify for the OLY game and play his part in the team events. And that's IT. I believe he will peak at the right moments and go into the OLY game with a positive record and mental advantage against everyone. For he has nothing else to prove beside winning another OLY title. AE and WC are not his goals anymore. And to say the truth I don't think they are CBA's goals either, let alone SS.
    LYB needs to find someone who can take LD's job over when he leaves. The youngsters will get more exposure as they need to prove themselves and fight for a spot to the OLY game. So in SS events, CBA will focus on them, not LD. But I do believe that they should just rest LD at home for most of the SS and just send all young players.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Bbn View Post
    I doubt LD is focused on AE and WC but is aiming more for the OLY and team events, just as in previous year, in these 2 events,he may just focus on building up the confidence of the younger players.I think most of his energy will be focused on team events where he is needed most.
    i doubt it is all about money, I wouldn't be surprised if he even lost before the final in KO.
    It is logical for a player to maintain his confidence and peak at the right time, Zhang Ning was thrashed in her run-up to OLY 2008 in SS events, luckily she prevailed in the end.
    LD's dilemma was best summarised by HKH and i think the CBA wants (as always) to win team events and Olympics and bring up the next generation of players.Of course it will not go down well with rivals but as summed up by the poster from Taiwan in the LD WO thread,it just so happens that China is the only team with depth to be able to do it, others would and have done it if they had the depth, that's why there is a new emphasis on building a team with depth.
    I would think LD would want to build up a legacy by focussing and winning majors, AE and WC included. SS is not in his goals, except that this time he is 'forced' to play 10 of them. If not for OLY12 and LCW being a potential threat to CHN, LD may not even be playing.

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Arrow If CBA say play or stay, Lin Dan will obey

I would think LD would want to build up a legacy by focussing and winning majors, AE and WC included. SS is not in his goals, except that this time he is 'forced' to play 10 of them. If not for OLY12 and LCW being a potential threat to CHN, LD may not even be playing.
    IMHO, it's not up to Lin Dan to choose. If CBA say play or stay, Lin Dan will obey.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

It was only a few years back that China focused heavily on winning Opens and bringing back prize money.

Now the emphasis has shifted.

Now ,at least in Men's singles they are focusing on building up replacements for LD.

It is good that LCW can keep the China MS team on their toes,just as Taufik and Gade did in their prime.

After LD & LCW exit there may no longer be players of the calibre of these four, it is a good time to

match up the next generation and the outgoing in this transition period, otherwise we will have a very boring,mediocre Men's Singles event in the future after 2012.So in a way it is good for badminton in the long run,at least to the spectators.
    I agree and said before too, this trio of LD, LCW and TH crossed path in this generation and only one can win at any one time. Whether people like LD or not, we have witnessed an exceptional player. As for LCW, the way he plays, IMO, I would say the best player MAS has produced except that he has not won many majors to back that up, the reason is he got overshadowed first by TH prior to 2005 and LD after 2005. This time though, he may have a chance, provided he doesn't get hurt and maintained his form. That is my thought.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by chris-ccc View Post
    IMHO, it's not up to Lin Dan to choose. If CBA say play or stay, Lin Dan will obey.
    I can guarantee you CAB would want LD to play in AE, WC, OLY and AG...guarantee LD will play in them. Whether he wants to or told to throw the game, that is another thing.

Mentioned
    41 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Yeah, I get this feeling that as time goes by, the CBA (LYB?) will use LD more and more as the "joker in the pack." Part of the overall strategic maneuvering.

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

This year, Lin Dan will probably reserve his best for the Sudirman Cup and the Olympic Qualification Period starting from May 2011 till Apr 2012. Barring any real injury (which is very unlikely), we will definitely see him playing in Sudirman Cup 2011, World Championships 2011, Indonesia, Denmark, China, and next year's Korea and All-England SSP (since these are the tourneys that will bring in the major points for Olympic Qualifcation and absence in the 5 SSP tourneys will be penalized). That itself is already 7 tourneys, plus Japan, CHN Masters, and Hong Kong SS which I believe he will play to make it 10 tourneys. Just nice.

He will probably enter the other smaller tourneys to help out his team-mates to qualify, ie: Chen Long (definitely) and Chen Jin (if the big boss deems that Chen Jin is still good enough). Otherwise, Du Pengyu or Wang Zhengming (the next two) will be "helped" in one way or another.

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I agree and said before too, this trio of LD, LCW and TH crossed path in this generation and only one can win at any one time. Whether people like LD or not, we have witnessed an exceptional player. As for LCW, the way he plays, IMO, I would say the best player MAS has produced except that he has not won many majors to back that up, the reason is he got overshadowed first by TH prior to 2005 and LD after 2005. This time though, he may have a chance, provided he doesn't get hurt and maintained his form. That is my thought.
    I am sincerely hoping for LCW to win the World Championships this year. He really missed out big time last year, losing to Taufik Hidayat whom he had thrashed so many times before and also thrashing him again a few more times after that defeat.

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Arrow Use LD more and more as the joker in the pack

Quote Originally Posted by cobalt View Post
    Yeah, I get this feeling that as time goes by, the CBA (LYB?) will use LD more and more as the "joker in the pack." Part of the overall strategic maneuvering.
    Have a read of this thread that I have just started;

http://www.badmintoncentral.com/foru...23#post1612223

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Can u imagine David Ferrer losing to Rafa Nadal just for the sake of Nadal getting the Grandslam??? Or Andre losing to Pete to let him win as many majors as possible, for the sake of Team USA?

In fact, the reverse is true and Rafa (albeit injured) got beaten by Ferrer. He was seen shedding a few tears also.

That should be the real spirit of the game...but unfortunately, we will be seeing more and more underhanded tactics being used (not only by CHN I believe) as the Olympics Qualifaction looms nearer and nearer.

Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by badMania View Post
    Can u imagine David Ferrer losing to Rafa Nadal just for the sake of Nadal getting the Grandslam??? Or Andre losing to Pete to let him win as many majors as possible, for the sake of Team USA?

In fact, the reverse is true and Rafa (albeit injured) got beaten by Ferrer. He was seen shedding a few tears also.

That should be the real spirit of the game...but unfortunately, we will be seeing more and more underhanded tactics being used (not only by CHN I believe) as the Olympics Qualifaction looms nearer and nearer.
    As long as associations are heavily involved in badminton, they will do what them deem fit for the country. You can't really compare tennis to badminton. Tennis players are all independent contractors (read professionals). Badminton in still in its infancy at the pro game but it will eventually get there. The body running the pro circuit will be strong and able to dictate terms with associations.

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by madbad View Post
    As long as associations are heavily involved in badminton, they will do what them deem fit for the country. You can't really compare tennis to badminton. Tennis players are all independent contractors (read professionals). Badminton in still in its infancy at the pro game but it will eventually get there. The body running the pro circuit will be strong and able to dictate terms with associations.
    That's my feeling. I had written about that also a few days ago and I believe BWF is in the right track, with the revamp of the SS structure and bringing in a consulting company to help them do so.

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Arrow China still has many National Association Tennis players

Quote Originally Posted by madbad View Post
    Not all Tennis players are independent contractors. China still has many National Association Tennis players, although the well-known ones have now gone on their own;

http://www.badmintoncentral.com/foru...23#post1612223