User Tag List

Page 111 of 315 FirstFirst ... 11 61 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 107 108 109 110 111 112 113 114 115 116 117 118 119 120 121 122 123 124 125 161 211 ... LastLast
Results 1,871 to 1,887 of 5352
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by badMania View Post
    Can u imagine David Ferrer losing to Rafa Nadal just for the sake of Nadal getting the Grandslam??? Or Andre losing to Pete to let him win as many majors as possible, for the sake of Team USA?

In fact, the reverse is true and Rafa (albeit injured) got beaten by Ferrer. He was seen shedding a few tears also.

That should be the real spirit of the game...but unfortunately, we will be seeing more and more underhanded tactics being used (not only by CHN I believe) as the Olympics Qualifaction looms nearer and nearer.

That's because olympic medal for tennis is nothing comparing to other opens. Hope one day badminton players can ignore olympic games and focuse more on CBA which will pay their big money.

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Why "focus on CBA" only?

There are plenty of reasons for players to compete professionally, not just playing in the China Badminton League. I personally don't think the CBL plays that much of an important role at all in the profesionalization of the game.

The aim that BWF should have will be to improve the prize money (which they are doing right now) to let players know that they can survive by competing in the tourneys (just like tennis).

Scrap the national-association based requirements for competition and professionalize the sport. That's the key message.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

because other countries does not have a big market.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I am sincerely hoping for LCW to win the World Championships this year. He really missed out big time last year, losing to Taufik Hidayat whom he had thrashed so many times before and also thrashing him again a few more times after that defeat.
    It actually looks like his for the taking, depending on how he peaks and the draw.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Why "focus on CBA" only?

There are plenty of reasons for players to compete professionally, not just playing in the China Badminton League. I personally don't think the CBL plays that much of an important role at all in the profesionalization of the game.

The aim that BWF should have will be to improve the prize money (which they are doing right now) to let players know that they can survive by competing in the tourneys (just like tennis).

Scrap the national-association based requirements for competition and professionalize the sport. That's the key message.
    Just monitor how fast the Denmark and Thailand teams have recuperated or risen

and see how their lean systems work.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by hezudao View Post
    when 1 country dominates, some fans of other countries can only whine on the net to vent their discontent. when these losers constantly nitpick and bash china, their players and coach, the more I appreciate the classiness of danish supporters.

nevertheless, you are rite. no amount of whining from losers can take away ld's wins.
    Luckily Zhuge Liang and Sun Tsu were not born during Li Yong Bo and Lin Dan's times, otherwise they will be the most villified people on the planet and recorded down in history as villians like Chao Chao(sorry just eg).
    I bet Li Yong Bo and Lin Dan have studied the classics and must also be good in playing chess.
    Last edited by Bbn; 01-27-2011 at 12:07 AM.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

----------------------------------------double post-------------------------------------------------------------------------

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I am sincerely hoping for LCW to win the World Championships this year. He really missed out big time last year, losing to Taufik Hidayat whom he had thrashed so many times before and also thrashing him again a few more times after that defeat.
    WC2010 is for the taking, who the heck can expect LCW to lose to TH. Also WC2006 in KL where he usually was at his best playing at home. In 2006 TC LCW went undefeated and he lost to Bao Bao in that one. At that time, I was weighing going home to see my mom and to take in the WC but too much contract work at that time.

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by OneToughBirdie View Post
    WC2010 is for the taking, who the heck can expect LCW to lose to TH. Also WC2006 in KL where he usually was at his best playing at home. In 2006 TC LCW went undefeated and he lost to Bao Bao in that one. At that time, I was weighing going home to see my mom and to take in the WC but too much contract work at that time.
    Err....WC 2006 was held at Madrid, while WC 2007 was held at KL. LCW lost to Sony in KL.

Mentioned
    11 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

lol
    lcw had car accident before the wc 2006
    but still,even if he didnt have car accident
    i dont think he can beat lin dan

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Err....WC 2006 was held at Madrid, while WC 2007 was held at KL. LCW lost to Sony in KL.
    Thanks for correction...LCW was WR1 in WC2007 right? I went home in 2006 (I usually go home every 2 years), and was pondering whether to go home again in 2007 and was quite confident that LCW would win and I would not want to miss that moment. He lost to Bao right? In TC2006, I saw the TC live broadcast at my mom's house and LCW went undefeated, that I remember quite sure.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by limsy View Post
    lol
    lcw had car accident before the wc 2006
    but still,even if he didnt have car accident
    i dont think he can beat lin dan
    I think CHN went 1-2-3 and LD won his 1st WC. So, if LCW had not lost to SDK, LCW would have to beat out either CJ/Bao before he could even meet LD, those 2 bodyguards would tire him out mentally and he would be so spent when he gets to meet LD....hahaha!!! LOL!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Good memory you have, otb!

That tc 2006, how I wish wch didn't burst his archilles tendon

That was Malaysia ever best tc team after 1992.

I remember Lin Dan playing style that time quite different from today.

He was more aggressive then

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by pBmMalaysia View Post
    Good memory you have, otb!

That tc 2006, how I wish wch didn't burst his archilles tendon

That was Malaysia ever best tc team after 1992.

I remember Lin Dan playing style that time quite different from today.

He was more aggressive then
    Agree, LD diving defense was amazing, later LCW emulate that and today LCW's defense is so darn good. If I try to do one of those LD or LCW diving defense, I can retire right away and play no more...LOL
    I saw that match where WCH injured, WO. MAS-DEN, LCW and TBH/KKK won for MAS, KBH lost the deciding match to DEN JP.
    Last edited by OneToughBirdie; 01-27-2011 at 11:34 AM.

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

One DIE HARD CHN FANS suggested to punish TH/LCW's match in MO...well...now it is worse..CJ and BCL had no fight at all and purposely gave the wins to younger teammates ..I guess CHN fans are quiet about it...THIS IS REALLY MATCHING FIXING!!...it is nothing illegal but not good for sport!....Where is "THAT GUY"??

Suddenly LD is fit and no injury at all....!!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

haha... we need an interpol...lol. Making a mockery out of bwf. No respect.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

yup spot on. its a layer by layer pecking order. on the top its LD and then CJ, CL, BCL, then on the 3rd layer its WZM and DPY.