User Tag List

Page 113 of 298 FirstFirst ... 13 63 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 107 108 109 110 111 112 113 114 115 116 117 118 119 120 121 122 123 124 125 126 127 163 213 ... LastLast
Results 1,905 to 1,921 of 5054
  1. #1905
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    United Kingdom
    Posts
    44
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    When will the video be posted? will it be posted in this topic?

  2. #1906
    Regular Member extremenanopowe's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2005
    Location
    SG. Go for NCAP-L2 certified coach.
    Posts
    11,761
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    He's just fooling around and giving chance to Taufik only la...

    Taufik's biggest weakness is the stamina and speed. Can't do much due to aging factor.

    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=boaksQMaS8A

    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GLsIDcawBKs

  3. #1907
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Location
    Singapore
    Posts
    2,524
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Talking about Taufik is aging . lin dan's age also coming up.

  4. #1908
    Regular Member pBmMalaysia's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    Kuching, Malaysia, Malaysia
    Posts
    4,718
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Ferrerkiko View Post
    Talking about Taufik is aging . lin dan's age also coming up.
    From the video posted by extreme...

    Lin Dan is still good, he is still controlling the game and in no danger even till the rubber game.

    He could increase his speed if he wants to.

    As for taufik, he has knee problem and he hardly do any jumping smash especially his forehand.

    No wonder when I look at his score analysis he hardly smash to get points

  5. #1909
    Regular Member undeadshot's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Location
    马来西亚
    Posts
    8,336
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Congratulations to Lin Dan for adding yet another major to his complete collection!
    As usual, LCW is the runner-up to him in all the majors except the WC, must say its quite a good achievement too.

  6. #1910
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Location
    Western Hemisphere
    Posts
    979
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    When LD turned it on late in the 3rd set, it was the Beijing Olympics LD all over again.

    Just unbelievable

  7. #1911
    Regular Member chris-ccc's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Location
    Melbourne, Victoria, Australia
    Posts
    26,748
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Arrow Hoping to see more from Lin Dan: From now to the 2012 London Olympic Games

    Quote Originally Posted by RedShuttle View Post
    When LD turned it on late in the 3rd set, it was the Beijing Olympics LD all over again.

    Just unbelievable
    .
    Well Done Lin Dan for defeating Lee Chong Wei at the 2011 Korea Open PSS.

    Hoping to see more from Lin Dan; in matches leading up to the 2012 London Olympic Games.
    .

  8. #1912
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    Location
    Canada
    Posts
    292
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Did anyone see this video of lindan doing a trick shot where he turn his back and hit the birdy underhand again some chinese player at china masters I believe? Could someone give me the link for? Thanks

  9. #1913
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Location
    Richmond, BC, Canada
    Posts
    13
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    I think this is the video your looking for.

    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ydqtgnG0hMc

    He hits it with a underhand while he is facing away from the net
    He does it twice

  10. #1914
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    Sydney
    Posts
    2,876
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Yup that was really good and surprised the opponent. But i have seen TH did the same stuff using backhand, LD did that using forehand stroke if u look closely.

  11. #1915
    Regular Member volcom's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Location
    Hong Kong
    Posts
    3,552
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

  12. #1916
    Regular Member volcom's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Location
    Hong Kong
    Posts
    3,552
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Will summarise tomorrow if I have time... to watch it all.

    Anyways some nice keypoints so far...

    There is a famous saying by some a philosopher... "Life has two great depressions, one is if you cannot realise your dreams. Second is after your achieve your dream"
    So referring to LD after he won AG the reporter asks LD if he is at the second stage now after winning everything...
    His response is that he will not be satisfied and will continue to strive to achieve his best until the day he retires because if he relaxes now and thinks yay he is a huge celebrity etc... Then he will be quickly overtaken and become a shadow of himself which will tarnish his legacy.

    To LD, Taufik is the smartest player not only with his amazing talents in technique but his on court thinking is the best.... So many other players who are really physically great or powerful etc... lack in the smartness department like LCW.

    When Taufik went downhill from his peak follwing AG 06... The reporter asked did LD feel better that Taufik is no longer a threat like before to him. But LD's response (my fave) is that if an athlete feels happy that a rival has gone downhill and thinks it's finally their chance to shine, then he is never gonna be the best player. To be the best you cannot think to yourself and wait till opponents are no longer at their best... kinda like where Chen jin or CL is like now, when LCW, Taufik, LD retire etc... You must instead always strive to improve no matter what and aim to beat an opponent when they are at their best, that's what separates a good player to a great player.

    Also a great part....
    Regarding LCW... He says you must absolutely use all your effort to play him otherwise it could be over very quickly for any player cos hes so good allround especially with his defensive capabilities that you just cannot relax.... also his court coverage and speed.
    LD says for a young player from China, he may be able to compete with Taufik or even beat him these days... but against LCW it's almost impossible with his ultra consistency and allround brilliance... if you let your guard down, then you will be demolished.

    He says all the specialist analysts and coaches have pinpointed out LCW has one example for youngsters to follow... hes so good in all aspects, with no real weaknesses.

    In LD's opinion LCW is by far currently the most consistent, talented and skilled player on the world circuit, a role model for all.

    A funny incident in AG2010... LD was leading 4-0 or something and they had a exchange at the net and LCW won the point. LCW gave LD a extremely fierce stare... maybe due to the adrenaline and big match atmosphere. LD said at the time he was actually very angry, but quickly controlled himself and acknowledged sure he beat him at the OG08 and of course LCW desperately wants to revenge for that loss, so it is understandable. So he didn't let the incident affect him, instead he patted LCW on the butt with his racket and just signalled no need to be so aggredsive and relax... enjoy the game.
    After that the match apparently went quite smooth

    LD says both skill level is about the same... it's about handling the pressure... He is very grateful that in China badminton he is not the only one with lots of pressure and attention... There is also CY/FHF and the women's team who had lost to Korea in Uber cup etc... But very unfortunate for LCW who has the withstand the pressure of a whole nation as the only sole hope of Malaysia kind of feel... with no backup to support and many angry critics.

    And LD admits luckily most of his matches against LCW have been in important matches or in the finals of which LCW has more pressure written on him than normal.

    Apparently according to the reporter LD's fastest recorded smash was 325km/hr...
    Rest still watching... phew
    Last edited by volcom; 02-05-2011 at 11:58 AM.

  13. #1917
    Regular Member volcom's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Location
    Hong Kong
    Posts
    3,552
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    LD points out that he needs to prepare harder to face dark horses in tournaments such as NTM or PSH. He never only prepares for a final matchup against LCW because he knows that if you only aim for the top without strategy to get there... then you may be defeated before even reaching the final destination... as happened in OG04.

    Interestingly he doesn't need to prepare as much to vs LCW... as their matchups are less strategy and preparations orientated... but instead ultimately it is mental warfare.

  14. #1918
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Location
    Port Dickson Malaysia
    Posts
    33
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Anyone can upload the interview to Youtube ? I can't watch it on youku ...

  15. #1919
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Location
    singapore
    Posts
    53
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by volcom View Post
    Will summarise tomorrow if I have time... to watch it all.

    Anyways some nice keypoints so far...

    There is a famous saying by some a philosopher... "Life has two great depressions, one is if you cannot realise your dreams. Second is after your achieve your dream"
    So referring to LD after he won AG the reporter asks LD if he is at the second stage now after winning everything...
    His response is that he will not be satisfied and will continue to strive to achieve his best until the day he retires because if he relaxes now and thinks yay he is a huge celebrity etc... Then he will be quickly overtaken and become a shadow of himself which will tarnish his legacy.

    To LD, Taufik is the smartest player not only with his amazing talents in technique but his on court thinking is the best.... So many other players who are really physically great or powerful etc... lack in the smartness department like LCW.

    When Taufik went downhill from his peak follwing AG 06... The reporter asked did LD feel better that Taufik is no longer a threat like before to him. But LD's response (my fave) is that if an athlete feels happy that a rival has gone downhill and thinks it's finally their chance to shine, then he is never gonna be the best player. To be the best you cannot think to yourself and wait till opponents are no longer at their best... kinda like where Chen jin or CL is like now, when LCW, Taufik, LD retire etc... You must instead always strive to improve no matter what and aim to beat an opponent when they are at their best, that's what separates a good player to a great player.

    Also a great part....
    Regarding LCW... He says you must absolutely use all your effort to play him otherwise it could be over very quickly for any player cos hes so good allround especially with his defensive capabilities that you just cannot relax.... also his court coverage and speed.
    LD says for a young player from China, he may be able to compete with Taufik or even beat him these days... but against LCW it's almost impossible with his ultra consistency and allround brilliance... if you let your guard down, then you will be demolished.

    He says all the specialist analysts and coaches have pinpointed out LCW has one example for youngsters to follow... hes so good in all aspects, with no real weaknesses.

    In LD's opinion LCW is by far currently the most consistent, talented and skilled player on the world circuit, a role model for all.

    A funny incident in AG2010... LD was leading 4-0 or something and they had a exchange at the net and LCW won the point. LCW gave LD a extremely fierce stare... maybe due to the adrenaline and big match atmosphere. LD said at the time he was actually very angry, but quickly controlled himself and acknowledged sure he beat him at the OG08 and of course LCW desperately wants to revenge for that loss, so it is understandable. So he didn't let the incident affect him, instead he patted LCW on the butt with his racket and just signalled no need to be so aggredsive and relax... enjoy the game.
    After that the match apparently went quite smooth

    LD says both skill level is about the same... it's about handling the pressure... He is very grateful that in China badminton he is not the only one with lots of pressure and attention... There is also CY/FHF and the women's team who had lost to Korea in Uber cup etc... But very unfortunate for LCW who has the withstand the pressure of a whole nation as the only sole hope of Malaysia kind of feel... with no backup to support and many angry critics.

    And LD admits luckily most of his matches against LCW have been in important matches or in the finals of which LCW has more pressure written on him than normal.

    Apparently according to the reporter LD's fastest recorded smash was 325km/hr...
    Rest still watching... phew
    super dan is de ultimate legend! wow!
    his words are so wisdom and diplomatic.
    for sure he is de greatest badminton player in terms of skill and brain.
    even though it is very clear dat his most respected opponent is taufik hidayat, he also give some face to latok lee.

  16. #1920
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    United Kingdom
    Posts
    44
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    So which is the next tournament that Lin Dan will be playing in?

  17. #1921
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    Sydney
    Posts
    2,876
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Shingyboy View Post
    So which is the next tournament that Lin Dan will be playing in?
    You need to ask LYB

Similar Threads

  1. Lin Dan and Xie Xingfang pics.. ( 林丹 / 谢杏芳 )
    By kwun in forum China Professional Players
    Replies: 1832
    : 08-15-2013, 12:06 AM

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •