User Tag List

Page 116 of 294 FirstFirst ... 16 66 102 103 104 105 106 107 108 109 110 111 112 113 114 115 116 117 118 119 120 121 122 123 124 125 126 127 128 129 130 166 216 ... LastLast
Results 1,956 to 1,972 of 4993
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

LD wasn't at his best today but still managed to put up a great performance.

Well Done!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

already engaged.....so.....his mind not here..... in China.....lol....

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Of course I also still like Lin Dan. Just not against LCW

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by OneToughBirdie View Post
    Your 'concern' that LD will be unseeded or lowly seeded in OLY12 possibly facing CJ will not happen. LD is still playing today because CHN does not have a more reliable player to win a gold medal in OLY12 and the qualifying has not even started yet. I can bet you LD will play in as many SS or whatever that is needed to get a high seeding (possibly WR1 or WR2), come OLY12, LYB and Thing will have LD fully prepared for the last major that LD will play in. That is almost a guarantee, unless LD is injured and cannot play OLY12.
    All things aside LYB is a nut job!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Ld's game has changed over the last couple of years... his speed in certain areas were slow and LCW picked on that today. (could be injuries) regardless, Still regarded to be the best of all time!... just hope he tries harder next time and is injury free (etc)

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

LD leaked so many UEs, but that was probably because he was rattled by LCW's brickwall defence and super smashes. Plus LCW was reading LD's net shots and anticipating them.

but what I couldn't understand was the number of clears or half court+half pace smashes LD chose to hit when he was in a position to show some bravery, take initiative and make something happen (esp when the match had got to a crucial stage when it was clear LCW would not give LD cheap points) - the old LD would have been far more aggressive and enterprising at this stage and when put in such a position.

That's the mystery to me in this match - it's like LD just kept playing it safe and hoped for LCW to crumble. the above poster is right, LD's game has changed recently... maybe he's lost that half-step due to his lack of matchplay/ reduced training intensity?? After all, he's done it all... motivation surely can't be the same...
    Last edited by badders2006; 03-13-2011 at 06:32 PM.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

couldnt agree with your analysis more badders2006... it was a very quite LD today.. and lately to be honest... it was like he was waiting for LCW to make UEs, rather than hitting it down when given the opportunity... very unlike himself...

Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I think also playing in the German Open prior to the All England fatigued him a little. He did not seem as explosive and was a little slow reading some of LCW's drop shots. His legs didn't have it today.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Yes, ld's game has changed over the years,

He just needs to, many are reading his game well and most important

he doesn't want to stress himself too much over the remaining time he is going to enjoy playing

Changing his game doesn't mean he is old or slow

Just look at how lcw pumped himself so much to win : D

Do anyone of us think if lcw just lost his focus for two minutes,

would he be able to win the final? : D

Anyway, credit should be given to ld for his splendid performance against lcw.

After the final ended we can see his facial expression he wanted that title as well

But despite losing, he still show great sportsmanship this time, hugging lcw bravo

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Cant expect the 28 yr old body to play like a 21 year old. The mind to play it might be there but the wisdom might say, hey I cant do this week after week. Got to conserve a little or change my game. Other wise I can beat LCW by giving him single digit reply in KO by playing my old style and then get bundle out by MZ in semis of AE 2011 (which is impossible to happen to 21 year old LD but very plausible for a 28 year old LD thinking he is a young man). LD is choosing the timing to get himself in explosive mood when he has to.

He wanted to be explosive in the 2nd in the match with LCW but there was self doubt as LCW kept control of the pace and he was out of position most of the time to hit a devastaing smash because LCW was making LD twist and turn. When LCW was returning smashes where lesser mortals would have fall flat on the court, LD was wise not to continue smashing.

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

The fact that LD hardly wins 2 tournaments in a row......wont be easy for LD to play full schedule as he was not like 4 yrs ago....

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Lin Dan is legendary. LCW is professional.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by s3160717 View Post
    Lin Dan is legendary. LCW is professional.
    wth??...both are living legends...dont compensate lin dan's loss by degrading others...both will hv good and bad moments..

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by bogensaebel View Post
    wth??...both are living legends...dont compensate lin dan's loss by degrading others...both will hv good and bad moments..
    Very fair and sensible comments.

In fact I felt very fortunate to have witnessed these 2 players battling against one another throughout the years with many high quality matches. Without them, I dare to say badminton ms wouldn't be the same.

As for LD, he just couldn't operate in that super high level all the time. Human being human, everyone has his limit and he simply needs to change his style in order to adapt to his current condition and ability.

With that said, LD is still the man to beat.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

LD has indeed change his playing style..and I was guessing if it could be a lack of motivation to win? So far he has won everything and its like there is nothing left for him to win? He looked sluggish yesterday and when he received alot of balls that he could have smashed or played a winning shot which he did in OG2008, he just lob back, drop or half smash LCW. I feel abit disappointed that he lost though..on the other hand LCW was excellent..in the zone..excellent defence and he learned to relax and not be so serious..he stopped staring at LD when he scored a point haha!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

yeah.. agree with filte

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Yes, for lcw, ld is the only player to beat till London 12