User Tag List

Page 119 of 304 FirstFirst ... 19 69 105 106 107 108 109 110 111 112 113 114 115 116 117 118 119 120 121 122 123 124 125 126 127 128 129 130 131 132 133 169 219 ... LastLast
Results 2,007 to 2,023 of 5161
  1. #2007
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    Kuala Lumpur
    Posts
    62
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Tekkai View Post
    yeap thats why..chn still dominates without LD and LCW.. to me the top 4 in the world are LD then LCW, CJ, BCL..then followed by TH and PG..CL is very good too but he is still inconsistent!

    The world top 2 is LD and LCW..

    Then I would say the other 2 players whose performance are consistent which could fit into 3-4 would be CJ and PG..

    BCL performance is like see-saw.. up and down..
    CL still a bit green.. a bit fresh..

  2. #2008
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Dec 2004
    Location
    Toronto
    Posts
    1,611
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by txv611 View Post
    But prize money so little in badminton how to pay for sports car?
    The answer can be found at the article itself. Commercial shootings....

  3. #2009
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Dec 2004
    Location
    Toronto
    Posts
    1,611
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by InvinKoh View Post
    The world top 2 is LD and LCW..

    Then I would say the other 2 players whose performance are consistent which could fit into 3-4 would be CJ and PG..

    BCL performance is like see-saw.. up and down..
    CL still a bit green.. a bit fresh..
    I think there is no more heavenly four in MS anymore LD and LCW is just so far ahead than the others.

    Tier 2 players that as a reasonable chance to upset them are PG, TH, CJ, and CL IMO.

  4. #2010
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2004
    Location
    Malaysia BOLEH...!!!
    Posts
    4,275
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    I didn't know that Lin Dan is also endorsed by Gillette... the endorsement figures must be astronomical...

  5. #2011
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    Sydney
    Posts
    2,876
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by jimbo View Post
    I didn't know that Lin Dan is also endorsed by Gillette... the endorsement figures must be astronomical...
    You mean Gillette is endorsed by LD?

  6. #2012
    Regular Member Blitzzards's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Location
    GMT-04:00
    Posts
    1,437
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Yoppy View Post
    You mean Gillette is endorsed by LD?
    The Gillette Mach 3 Turbo to be exact

  7. #2013
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2004
    Location
    Malaysia BOLEH...!!!
    Posts
    4,275
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Yoppy View Post
    You mean Gillette is endorsed by LD?
    Yes, sorry for the "bad-phrase"... I saw it on TV last night...

  8. #2014
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Location
    Nanjing, China
    Posts
    172
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    lol not to mention he has his own brand now... as well as the li-ning sweaters...

  9. #2015
    Moderator cobalt's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Location
    Arrakis
    Posts
    8,809
    Mentioned
    41 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

    Default

    It appears that Lin Dan as lost a lot of the fluidity of movement that was one of his distinguishing characteristics of play. At the AE2011, he appeared to even struggle to move back to counter attacking clears; definitely sluggish.

    Now that they have seen that he too is human and fallible, many other players will be lining up to shoot him down.

    Maybe this suggests he will not be the force he used to be. Does anyone think there is a chance he may not even be in contention by the time the OG2012 rolls around?

    Just my thoughts, don't crucify me!

  10. #2016
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    United Kingdom
    Posts
    44
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by cobalt View Post
    It appears that Lin Dan as lost a lot of the fluidity of movement that was one of his distinguishing characteristics of play. At the AE2011, he appeared to even struggle to move back to counter attacking clears; definitely sluggish.

    Now that they have seen that he too is human and fallible, many other players will be lining up to shoot him down.

    Maybe this suggests he will not be the force he used to be. Does anyone think there is a chance he may not even be in contention by the time the OG2012 rolls around?

    Just my thoughts, don't crucify me!
    Honestly I have to agree that he seemed to struggle a lot, but even so I mean if this is him struggling and he is still getting to the finals what does that say to like the talent of men singles badminton players everywhere?

  11. #2017
    Moderator cobalt's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Location
    Arrakis
    Posts
    8,809
    Mentioned
    41 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Shingyboy View Post
    Honestly I have to agree that he seemed to struggle a lot, but even so I mean if this is him struggling and he is still getting to the finals what does that say to like the talent of men singles badminton players everywhere?
    Well, once some of the other players cross the psychological barrier that had been built up around LD, who knows what may happen? There is some challenge in the form of KT, Simon, and even a few CHN players, and there is a good possibility of adding a few others to that list in the next 6-10 months.

    Besides, the CBA may decide not to shield him from the opposition, just to ensure that they have the best players available by way of natural selection for the OG2012....

  12. #2018
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    United Kingdom
    Posts
    44
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by cobalt View Post
    Well, once some of the other players cross the psychological barrier that had been built up around LD, who knows what may happen? There is some challenge in the form of KT, Simon, and even a few CHN players, and there is a good possibility of adding a few others to that list in the next 6-10 months.

    Besides, the CBA may decide not to shield him from the opposition, just to ensure that they have the best players available by way of natural selection for the OG2012....
    It is true who knows what might happen, but he does not look as great as he used to and sorry but it just looks to me that regardless of psychology the rest of men singles they can't even compete at the same level, like seriously him and Lee Chong Wei are on just different levels even when they are off form no one else can really touch them, but I guess we shall have to see.

  13. #2019
    Regular Member lcleing's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Location
    Malaysia
    Posts
    842
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by cobalt View Post
    It appears that Lin Dan as lost a lot of the fluidity of movement that was one of his distinguishing characteristics of play. At the AE2011, he appeared to even struggle to move back to counter attacking clears; definitely sluggish.


    Just my thoughts, don't crucify me!
    Let us agree to disagree.



    Just take a look at the video here. And note the difference of footwork between 2 players. LD footwork did not look sluggish at all, especially against players other than LCW. It's always the opponent that struggle like the video show above(both in GO and AE-been watching LD since QF).
    MY suggestion to those who claimed that LD did not play with a passion or appeared slow in the AE to do some indepth match analysis.

    For starter, I found that LCW have had more variety in his shot selectionw when he was pushed to his deep forehand corner(weakness of Right handed player). Making LD very hard to read his play early and injecting pace. LCW used to give the control away once he got pushed late into his forehand corner, but it seems that he has done some homework this time.This was only one of the more obvious change in their game, feel free to dig out the other more subtle differences in LCW/LD's play(after all the video is available for downloading/streaming).
    But I will say again, no, LD was not off form in AE. I am sure LD will be much more prepared come this Sudirman Cup/future tournament.

    While I am at it, I will reveal a little more. Marc Zwiebler was able to took the second set from LD in semifinal due to Marc being able to read LD's attack in the middle of second set. LD probably thought that Marc was just an easy meat(can't blame him, LD trashed marc in KO 2011 which was aslo where Marc got his experience to play against LD) and carry on with his attacking play. At one point you can see that Marc was jumping to the correct other half of court before LD even did his cross court smash. And March proceed to put pressure on LD's forehand defense which seem a little bit slow on that day. Oh, tell you what, I was surprised to see LD throwing tantrum on court(not sure if TV captured this, I was sitting opposite to LD when he did this), albeit a mild one.
    In the third set LD changed his tactic and concentrate his play more on net which is why you didn't see alot of smash winner on the third set. It worked but fans were actually complaining that LD's play did not have the explossive smash and passion it used to be. Lack of match preparation was more like it. I can assure you that LD did not study MArc's play thoroughly before the play. But then again, can't blame him though. After all, who will have thought that the reigning World Champion will lose to a German player? Who in the right state of mind will put their chips on MArc who got beaten by LD 2 months ago in KO?

  14. #2020
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Location
    Nanjing, China
    Posts
    172
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    haha lcleing i couldn't agree more. however, there's one point i want to make, that because of that really dynamic (i mean SURPRISING dynamic) play, lin dan was caught several times off guard because of a slower, more technical pace. LCW was really firing those smashes every where, and combining them with several dropshots, really cost LD several points. one question, you go to all of these matches and see LD fo real? man i envy you so much. In china and not even see LD in the flesh.....

  15. #2021
    Regular Member lcleing's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Location
    Malaysia
    Posts
    842
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by WingsAir View Post
    haha lcleing i couldn't agree more. however, there's one point i want to make, that because of that really dynamic (i mean SURPRISING dynamic) play, lin dan was caught several times off guard because of a slower, more technical pace. LCW was really firing those smashes every where, and combining them with several dropshots, really cost LD several points. one question, you go to all of these matches and see LD fo real? man i envy you so much. In china and not even see LD in the flesh.....
    Did you mean that LD, who has a dynamic play, could not cope with the slow tactical play? Or did I misunderstand you?
    I agree that LD was caught offguard at the start of second set. He totally did not expect LCW to have such a reserve of fitness left after a tough first game.

    I only managed to watch AE from quater final onwards to final, met LD in person too in a Malaysian restaurant. However, he did not want his photographs to be taken. I downloaded all the German Open videos which was played by LD and tried to copy some of his strokes. Not having much success in copying him up until now I must confess .

  16. #2022
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Location
    Nanjing, China
    Posts
    172
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    yes it was a rather strange. LD who usually has the dynamic play was playing it slow (slower then usual against LCW) and LCW was really playing it powerfully, and really getting LD offguard. haha i try to do that, but since im right handed its not easy wow really met LD in restaurant... you are unbelievable!

  17. #2023
    Moderator cobalt's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Location
    Arrakis
    Posts
    8,809
    Mentioned
    41 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

    Default

    Lcleing:
    It's easy to look good and fast and strong when your opponent is a notch below you in all-round capability (no offense to Marc Z ) and I don't mean to imply that LD has completely lost it, either! But against top class opposition (the only type that counts in the end) he appears to be much more vulnerable than ever before. Is this a ploy? I think not. If there was a consistent glitch that I noticed, it was that he struggled to get to the baseline quickly enough to be in position for a return smash that could set up a point for him. His readings of mid-court exchanges too were suspect; notice how many times he either hit the bird out of the tramlines, or into the net? Combine these and you know you have a problem?

    I have seen a few LD games sadly, going to 3 sets, that shouldn't have. If someone suggests that he is doing this just because he is bored, I can only say that at the level they play, these players do not want to exend themselves on court more than they really have to. So, what does that tell me? It tells me that all is not as well as it used to be.

    Can he correct it? He is a champion; I suppose he can if he wants to. Will he? I think I'll hold on to my money.

Similar Threads

  1. Lin Dan and Xie Xingfang pics.. ( 林丹 / 谢杏芳 )
    By kwun in forum China Professional Players
    Replies: 1832
    : 08-15-2013, 12:06 AM

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •