User Tag List

Page 125 of 309 FirstFirst ... 25 75 111 112 113 114 115 116 117 118 119 120 121 122 123 124 125 126 127 128 129 130 131 132 133 134 135 136 137 138 139 175 225 ... LastLast
Results 2,109 to 2,125 of 5241
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by pBmMalaysia View Post
    Much has been said about Lin dan since the start of sudirman cup but nothing has been mentioned by bcers about his current style of play. To some, hoping for a re-match like the Olympic 08, I can confirm not likely after watching all his matches here. He definitely has change his style of play and he is troubling a lot of players :Just take a look at his 'reserved energy' after been attacked or rallied by his opponent. I supposed that is his new weapon :Not only those opponent lost to him, I think they were clueless and exhausted towards the end :He doesn't smash much yet he is deadly :What do you guys think?
    LD is playing it smart, his speed, fitness, reading the game and power smash are all there but he uses it only when he needs to. The way LD played PG, moving PG around, that was very impressive. Now that Sudirman and AG are over, there are 2 majors left for LD to tackle. I think LD is playing it safe to avoid risking injury, just do enough to win, get those WR points to be #1 or #2, peaking for WC11 and more importantly OLY12. I say 51% OLY gold to LD and 49% to LCW just that LCW has to get past one other CHN player, whoever he is, is not easy to play, and that is why I favor LD to win OLY12. But OLY12 is still a long way to go

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Much has been said about Lin dan since the start of sudirman cup

but nothing has been mentioned by bcers about his current style of play.

To some, hoping for a re-match like the Olympic 08,

I can confirm not likely after watching all his matches here.

He definitely has change his style of play

and he is troubling a lot of players

Just take a look at his 'reserved energy'

after been attacked or rallied by his opponent.

I supposed that is his new weapon

Not only those opponent lost to him,

I think they were clueless and exhausted towards the end

He doesn't smash much yet he is deadly

What do you guys think?
    Maybe XXF knows the secret!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by chris-ccc View Post
    Interesting observations, you guys.

Let's now see how many BCers would from now on play with no bottom cap on their rackets.

If the observations are confirmed, then it is racket tampering to enhance a player's performance and the BWF should act.
    It is the same in cricket with ball-tampering and a certain country was issued a warning by the World Cricket Council.
    We, Bcers, should continue to highlight this 'abuse' so that no player gains at the expense of others.

Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by skchen View Post
    If the observations are confirmed, then it is racket tampering to enhance a player's performance and the BWF should act.
    It is the same in cricket with ball-tampering and a certain country was issued a warning by the World Cricket Council.
    We, Bcers, should continue to highlight this 'abuse' so that no player gains at the expense of others.

That's just downright silly.

If that's the case, applying an overgrip or partially removing a grip or adding lead tape would be considered tampering too. I think you're being a little overzealous. Do you want badminton to become golf where spectator Nazis report infractions at every opportunity because they feel it's their right to police the game?

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I'm not sure, if Lin Dan is still able to play as explosive as before. He kept playing the same more defensive style in the All England final against LCW and lost.
    Besides I don't think that you can switch styles that convincing if you don't use it a lot. So even if it's a kind of strategy to surprise LCW at the Olympics 2012 I doubt that it'll work out that way.

Mentioned
    42 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

I think he's just cruising. Trying out various styles, experimenting with speed, comfort etc, all the while knowing that he can turn it on with 98% of the crowd whenever he wants to. And keeping his powder dry most of the times.

Excuse the overuse of mixed metaphors. Its hot here today.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Tuesday May 31, 2011

The Star
    Lin Dan: I want to emulate Peter Gade

By CHOW HOW BAN

QINGDAO: Lin Dan wants to be China’s Peter Gade Christensen.
    The Olympic and three-time world champion hopes to emulate the Dane to continue playing even at the age of 34.
    “My next goal is to become China’s Peter Gade because I really hope to play until I am 35-years-old. I hope that more young players from China can learn from Peter and stay active for a long time in the sport,” Lin Dan said after his win over the Dane in the final tie of the Sudirman Cup here last Sunday.
    The 27-year-old shuttler had said that he was learning to enjoy playing badminton after his success in 2008 Beijing Olympics and was looking forward to defending the title in the London Games next year.
    When he was told that Lin Dan was inspired to follow his path, Gade Christensen laughed and offered some advice.
    “I am proud that I can still be at the top today,” he said.
    “Lin Dan and (Lee) Chong Wei are really tough players to compete against and I have to do my utmost best in my everyday’s practice. I hope that Lin Dan will still be around for a few years more.”
    The Dane added that he respected Lin Dan very much as the Chinese shuttler was a complete player and perhaps the best player who ever played the game.
    “He has the kind of character that I like. He is not truly confident.
    “You can see he’s got the mental feeling, which is good for him. But sometimes it makes him a bit vulnerable and I like that about him,” he said.
    During the Sudirman Cup, Gade Christensen revealed that this would be his final series after having represented Denmark for more than 15 years.
    Chong Wei and Lin Dan also hinted that they may not feature in the next edition in 2013.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by jimbo View Post
    Lin Dan said he wanted to emulate PG and play till 35... I think that's a bit tough coz there are so many good CHN players in line to taking over him... Having said that, he should quit after OG2012 with the silver medal
    What?! LD is seriously? I think it is just can be pressure for him. Ehmm.. If LD failed in OG 2012, in my opinion it is not really happen
    But, still can't wait at moment when he is playing until 35 years old

Anyway, is it a good or bad news to XXF ?

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Maybe this can prove that Lin dan remove the bottom cap

Last edited by Rocker; 06-01-2011 at 01:26 AM.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Rocker View Post

Thanks for the trouble to post this photo

I knew my eyes were not playing tricks on me

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by danielwong View Post
    Tuesday May 31, 2011

The Star
    Lin Dan: I want to emulate Peter Gade

By CHOW HOW BAN

QINGDAO: Lin Dan wants to be Chinas Peter Gade Christensen.
    The Olympic and three-time world champion hopes to emulate the Dane to continue playing even at the age of 34.
    My next goal is to become Chinas Peter Gade because I really hope to play until I am 35-years-old. I hope that more young players from China can learn from Peter and stay active for a long time in the sport, Lin Dan said after his win over the Dane in the final tie of the Sudirman Cup here last Sunday.
    The 27-year-old shuttler had said that he was learning to enjoy playing badminton after his success in 2008 Beijing Olympics and was looking forward to defending the title in the London Games next year.
    When he was told that Lin Dan was inspired to follow his path, Gade Christensen laughed and offered some advice.
    I am proud that I can still be at the top today, he said.
    Lin Dan and (Lee) Chong Wei are really tough players to compete against and I have to do my utmost best in my everydays practice. I hope that Lin Dan will still be around for a few years more.
    The Dane added that he respected Lin Dan very much as the Chinese shuttler was a complete player and perhaps the best player who ever played the game.

He has the kind of character that I like. He is not truly confident.
    You can see he's got the mental feeling, which is good for him. But sometimes it makes him a bit vulnerable and I like that about him, he said.

During the Sudirman Cup, Gade Christensen revealed that this would be his final series after having represented Denmark for more than 15 years.
    Chong Wei and Lin Dan also hinted that they may not feature in the next edition in 2013.
    anybody care to explain in bold?

I couldn't catch the meaning

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Rocker View Post

Thanks for the pic Rocker, you rocks!!

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by OneToughBirdie View Post
    Yoppy/Blittzards, you are both eagle-eye to be so observant, finding pictures of LD grip, you are good...I hire both as detective to spot on my ex...only if you both can co-exist and work together
    Now Im ready to discuss my term of employment LOL...... given that I will be working by myself of course

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Yoppy View Post
    Thanks for the pic Rocker, you rocks!!
    Thanks for the trouble to post this photo

I knew my eyes were not playing tricks on me
    Actually, I get the pic from Tango97 post. Thank to him..

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ex??? anyway, lining is not goind to be happy. He looses this cap and put on another?

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Yoppy View Post
    Now Im ready to discuss my term of employment LOL...... given that I will be working by myself of course
    37 years later, my ex-gfs in good old MAS (those were the days which I would not trade for any of todays in KL) would be quite different from the cute-looking chicks back then, not sure she hit the gym for a hard body look or hit the buffet-hawker-stalls to load up so it would take more than 1 eagle eye to spot her...LOL

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by OneToughBirdie View Post
    37 years later, my ex-gfs in good old MAS (those were the days which I would not trade for any of todays in KL) would be quite different from the cute-looking chicks back then, not sure she hit the gym for a hard body look or hit the buffet-hawker-stalls to load up so it would take more than 1 eagle eye to spot her...LOL
    Otb, so you had one ex that was too fast for your radar,

sad to say if it wasn't 35 yrs ago,

you could gps her ... hahahaha
    Last edited by pBmMalaysia; 06-01-2011 at 11:38 AM.