User Tag List

Page 145 of 303 FirstFirst ... 45 95 131 132 133 134 135 136 137 138 139 140 141 142 143 144 145 146 147 148 149 150 151 152 153 154 155 156 157 158 159 195 245 ... LastLast
Results 2,449 to 2,465 of 5145
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

After last night win by Lin Dan, I am sure he knows Lcw is getting too close.

From now onwards either he put more effort into his preparation for Olympic 12

or he can kiss goodbye to the final.

Similarly we can also kiss goodbye to see the same final match we saw yesterday

How Lin Dan celebrated after he won in the final tells us everything,

that title still matters so much to him

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

From what we have seen so far, every single time people starts saying that age is catching up with Lin Dan, his mind is on marriage, he is no longer motivated to win, he is going downhill......

We have seen what will happen.

Just shut up and enjoy the game Until these two gods of modern badminton retire...

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

relax mate, this is just teasing. to ramp up the suspense and getting it more excited and putting in some pressure. probably waking ld up. lcw fans must be cursing. lol.

If everyone shutup. BC would have been boring isn't it?

historically, who is the oldest chinese player holding a wc? probably he need chenlong to grow faster.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by badders2006 View Post
    LIN DAN dreaming in his sleep: "I must win the malaysian open and indonesian open otherwise I will never be considered as GOAT!!! "
    Perhaps not very high on his list but if he can, sure why not? Something he wouldn't lose sleep though imo.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by LD rules! View Post
    Congrats to LD. I think it's impossible to question his status as the best badminton player of all time
    Haven't seen YY play so don't know about all-time through the eras but he definitely is the GOAT of this era, full stop! LD_rules!
    Last edited by MilGauss; 08-15-2011 at 09:04 PM.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Granum View Post
    Has anyone noticed that LD likes to apologize to his opponents a lot? Even for points which were pretty much his opponents' errors.
    More like courtesy than being polite. Polite is when he doesn't show some attitude.

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Arrow LD already knows that LCW is on a par with him

Quote Originally Posted by pBmMalaysia View Post
    After last night win by Lin Dan, I am sure he knows Lcw is getting too close.

From now onwards either he put more effort into his preparation for Olympic 12

or he can kiss goodbye to the final.

Similarly we can also kiss goodbye to see the same final match we saw yesterday

How Lin Dan celebrated after he won in the final tells us everything,

that title still matters so much to him
    LD already knows that LCW is on a par with him. I am sure LD remembers very well how LCW defeated him in another long match (22-20, 16-21, 21-17 in 80 minutes) at last year's (2010) Japan Open.

Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

In terms of skill, they both know they are now on par with Lin Dan not improving (it's obvious he is not playing like before, esp a few years ago) and Lee C W continuing to improve. So the next time they meet and thereafter, who emerge victorious will depend on who's form is better during the tournament week,who wants it more and who is mentally stronger.

Yes, it's difficult to say who is the greatest because we cannot compare eras but generally speaking, the more so after Lin Dan's win in this world championship, based on results and style of play, Lin Dan is simply The Greatest!

Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Another great player, even Morten Frost would agree, is Zhao Jian Hua.

Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Justin L View Post
    Another great player, even Morten Frost would agree, is Zhao Jian Hua.
    he would, wouldnt he? him being the established AE winner and be beaten by the 19 yrs Zhao at the AE final.
    Frost himself obviously was one of the best, not sure how many of you know that he suffered from asthma during his playing day. it's particular difficult with his style. I always think that LCW modelled himself with Frost's style, but faster due to his smaller frame.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by AlanY View Post
    he would, wouldnt he? him being the established AE winner and be beaten by the 19 yrs Zhao at the AE final.
    Frost himself obviously was one of the best, not sure how many of you know that he suffered from asthma during his playing day. it's particular difficult with his style. I always think that LCW modelled himself with Frost's style, but faster due to his smaller frame.
    didn't Morten Frost coach LCW though ? So he probably will excel in similar areas that Frost did.

Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by LD rules! View Post
    didn't Morten Frost coach LCW though ? So he probably will excel in similar areas that Frost did.
    i think he talent spotted LCW at 14 or 15 and got him into the national outfit, but never coached him.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by AlanY View Post
    i think he talent spotted LCW at 14 or 15 and got him into the national outfit, but never coached him.
    I agree with you. Morten Frost did spot LCW when he was young and helped him get into the Academy in KL. MF acted as an indirect link but never a coach. If he did, he would reveal that during the games.

Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I read somewhere that, in a post match interview, Lee CW said he vowed to move forward and focus on winning the London 2012 Olympic title and try one more time to win the world championship in 2013. Lin Dan, better watch out - your arch rival is more determined than ever to end his career on a high. Exciting times for badminton fans like us, their continued rivalry will produce superb thrilling matches.

Looking forward to their coming meetings in the Li Ning China Masters and Japan Open next month, both Super Series tournaments.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Justin L View Post
    I read somewhere that, in a post match interview, Lee CW said he vowed to move forward and focus on winning the London 2012 Olympic title and try one more time to win the world championship in 2013. Lin Dan, better watch out - your arch rival is more determined than ever to end his career on a high. Exciting times for badminton fans like us, their continued rivalry will produce superb thrilling matches.

Looking forward to their coming meetings in the Li Ning China Masters and Japan Open next month, both Super Series tournaments.
    It is not unlikely that LCW WOs in China and LD passes Japan.. Its a good chance they will face of in OL2012, but 2013 LD will have retired so LCW will most likely never get to beat him in a WC final. On the other Hand if LCW trains good and stays injury free I fail to see any contenders that will improve enough the next two years to challenge him in WC 2013..

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by twobeer View Post
    It is not unlikely that LCW WOs in China and LD passes Japan.. Its a good chance they will face of in OL2012, but 2013 LD will have retired so LCW will most likely never get to beat him in a WC final. On the other Hand if LCW trains good and stays injury free I fail to see any contenders that will improve enough the next two years to challenge him in WC 2013..
    IMO it would be a hollow victory if LCW won WC13, without LD's presense...

Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Lin Dan has said before that he wants to emulate Peter Gade for longevity, so he will be around for a few more years. Don't forget Super Dan just got married, may become a father soon (just a wild guess) so need to make some more money for his child's "milk powder" and growing up years, hehe... Another reason is China still has to depend on him even after London 2012 as there isn't anyone else who can step into his shoes yet, sad to say, and who else can take on Lee C W other than Lin Dan. These two players are in a class of their own, nobody comes near.

twobeer, you may be right, they will try to avoid meeting each other as far as possible until the London Olympics, both fearing to lose and boosting the other's confidence. But I don't see how that can happen in the Super Series Premiers and the SS Final at year end, as well as the team championships next year.